are signatures still experimental?

Hi,

are signatures still experimental?  When I "use feature 'signatures';",
perl 5.28 doesn't give a warning about them being experimental.

Is there some place where we can look up such things?
0
hw

Hi!

Yes, they are

Try this snippet
perl -E 'use feature 'signatures'; use warnings; my $a = sub ($b,$c) {
return $b + $c; }'

You can find current status for your perl with `perldoc feature` command
and then find signatures section.

I expected attempts to make them stable from 5.30 version but looks like
perl core team focused on different things. So signatures are still in
5.26 state.

On 09/05/2019 11:43, hwilmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are signatures still experimental?  When I "use feature
> 'signatures';", perl 5.28 doesn't give a warning about them being
> experimental.
>
> Is there some place where we can look up such things?

0
elcamlost
5/9/2019 10:55:31 AM
On 5/9/19 12:55 PM, Илья Рассадин wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yes, they are
>
> Try this snippet
> perl -E 'use feature 'signatures'; use warnings; my $a = sub ($b,$c) {
> return $b + $c; }'
>
> You can find current status for your perl with `perldoc feature` command
> and then find signatures section.
>
> I expected attempts to make them stable from 5.30 version but looks like
> perl core team focused on different things. So signatures are still in
> 5.26 state.

Thank you very much for this great answer! :)
0
hw