'use' and 'require'

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0

Hello all,

Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement.  This way,
if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those
changes cascading across all apps.

Usage would look something like this:

use $perl_version;

Thanks in advance,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated
Office:  (410) 266-2006
FAX:  (410) 573-3026

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0--
0
JALLISON

Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement.
> This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one
> place with those changes cascading across all apps.

Where would that "one place" be? Wherever that is, put the "use VERSION"
statement there.

> Usage would look something like this:
>
> use $perl_version;

Well, you can do:

   BEGIN {
      use MyCommonModule;		# exports $perl_version;
      eval "require $perlversion" or die $@
   }

But why bother? Just put the following in MyCommonModule.pm:

   use 5.6.1;

Or am I missing something?
0
Bob_Showalter
8/4/2003 7:08:52 PM
The 'use' is giving me warning's against 5.6.1 code with 5.8.0:

v-string in use/require non-portable at /PATH line #.

I will need to update all of the 'use' statements from "use 5.6.1;" to "use
5.006_001";

My question is: How are others implementing common 'use' clauses across the
applications so that changes in the perl version may be easily cascadable
across all apps? By means of Environment variables, other, etc?

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated
Office:  (410) 266-2006
> Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement.
> This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one
> place with those changes cascading across all apps.

Where would that "one place" be? Wherever that is, put the "use VERSION"
statement there.

> Usage would look something like this:
>
> use $perl_version;

Well, you can do:

   BEGIN {
      use MyCommonModule;		# exports $perl_version;
      eval "require $perlversion" or die $@
   }

But why bother? Just put the following in MyCommonModule.pm:

   use 5.6.1;

Or am I missing something?
0
JALLISON

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

HOw to use __doPostback('','')?????????
Hi i use the window.open() javascript function, then i want to use the __doPostback('','') javascript function to force the page post back , so that i can use the parameter pass from the child window in the page.ispostback event. but i try to use __doPostback('','') in my 1.1 .net framework, nothing happen????? how to use the __doPostback('','') or how to let the page have .postback event?SelfConfident is get from the Xperience You need to use the server-side function: Page.GetPostBackEventReference and tell it what control's event you want to fire. The __doPostBa...

Using '[' and ']' characters...
Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server 2000? PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures. Example: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS [Column A] FROM A_Table Generated script: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS Column A FROM A_Table Thanks in advance, Aiden That's interesting. In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition, I get [Column A]. In 8.0 it works correctly. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamode...

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

'To', 'CC', & 'BCC'
Name: Dick Tracy Email: philipdottracyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'To', 'CC', & 'BCC' Comments: I have just started using Thunderbird and while I find it quite excellent- I suggest having a button to add addressees to 'BCC' as well. Currently each 'BCC' addressee has to be selected manually. I send e-mail to quite a number of people at a time and I do not wish to readily spread others addresses easily. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0....

Web resources about - 'use' and 'require' - perl.beginners