[moonbuzz@gmail.com: Re: Help using cgi]Re: Help using cgi

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 04:05:31AM -0700, prashant kaushal wrote:
> Hi Di,
>
> Yesterday i tried a "Hello world" program in perl using cgi script on a windows platform. The steps i followed were:
>
> 1. Made a directory in "C:" and named it "cgi-bin"
> 2. Wrote  my source code file and saved it with "test.cgi"

That won't do, you need to configure a webserver to execute that code. There are 2 ways to go about it:

1: install Apache, you can find a ready-to-go distribution at http://apachefriends.org
2: configure IIS to execute perl CGI, which is not extremely difficult, but requires you to know how to create a website on IIS.
Also, the top results on that search sadly still refer to ActiveState, so are not relevant anymore.

In a sense, what you need to do is add a .pl/.cgi association to IIS and configure it to open these files with Strawberry/perl/bin/perl.exe

If no further information will be given here by the time I get home (to a windows machine), I'll post a more thorough guide.

--
Erez

La perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'ya plus rien � ajouter,
mais quand il n'ya plus rien � retrancher.
0
moonbuzz