yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail

hi all
I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
Probem is:
1- I make a program to send a mail.
2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.

Needed:
1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.

------- START source-----------------------------------
My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
print MAIL "To: $email\n";
print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
print MAIL "$contents\n";
close (MAIL);
------- END source-----------------------------------

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

etaher2k
5/14/2002 1:28:44 PM
perl.beginners.cgi 3839 articles. 0 followers. Follow

i believe there should be some kind of header info stating that the content
type is html. i think hotmail just displays it nomatter what, but most mail
browsers won't.

I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
Probem is:
1- I make a program to send a mail.
2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.

Needed:
1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.

------- START source-----------------------------------
My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
print MAIL "To: $email\n";
print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
print MAIL "$contents\n";
close (MAIL);
------- END source-----------------------------------

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

matt
5/14/2002 1:42:46 PM
messag from ESS wrote:

> hi all
> I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
> Probem is:
> 1- I make a program to send a mail.
> 2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
> 3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
> 4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.
>
> Needed:
> 1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
> 2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.
>
> ------- START source-----------------------------------
> My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
> print MAIL "To: $email\n";
> print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
> print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
> print MAIL "$contents\n";
> close (MAIL);
> ------- END source-----------------------------------
>
> THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

I had some similar trouble and resolved it by using the following
headers and dividers.

From: me@myaddress
To: someone@theiraddress
Subject: Re: test

-----divider---

Please use netscape 2 view

-----divider---

<B>
</B>

-----divider-----

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Alex.

0
alex
5/14/2002 2:30:07 PM
You need a Content-Type header.
(or whatever your charset is)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
"Life Is Pain, Highness.  Anyone who says otherwise is selling something."

NOTE: I want it compiled Like hotmial, the problem with yahoo

Thanks agian

>From: Alex Read <alex@cd.co.uk>
>To: messag from ESS <etaher2k@hotmail.com>
>CC: beginners-cgi@perl.org
>Subject: Re: yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:30:07 +0100
>
>messag from ESS wrote:
>
> > hi all
> > I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
> > Probem is:
> > 1- I make a program to send a mail.
> > 2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
> > 3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
> > 4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.
> >
> > Needed:
> > 1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
> > 2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.
> >
> > ------- START source-----------------------------------
> > My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
> > print MAIL "To: $email\n";
> > print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
> > print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
> > print MAIL "$contents\n";
> > close (MAIL);
> > ------- END source-----------------------------------
> >
> > THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

>Hi,
>
>I had some similar trouble and resolved it by using the following
>headers and dividers.
>
>From: me@myaddress
>To: someone@theiraddress
>Subject: Re: test
>
>-----divider---
>
>Please use netscape 2 view
>
>-----divider---

><B>
></B>
>
>-----divider-----
>

>Hope that is what you were looking for.
>
>Alex.

etaher2k
5/14/2002 2:54:47 PM
messag from ESS wrote:

> Thanks Alex Read
> but it didnt work.and I can;t control on the user broswes.
>
> NOTE: I want it compiled Like hotmial, the problem with yahoo
>
> Thanks agian
>
> >From: Alex Read <alex@cd.co.uk>
> >To: messag from ESS <etaher2k@hotmail.com>
> >CC: beginners-cgi@perl.org
> >Subject: Re: yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail
> >Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:30:07 +0100
> >
> >messag from ESS wrote:
> >
> > > hi all
> > > I konw you havn't much time then I will begain directly
> > > Probem is:
> > > 1- I make a program to send a mail.
> > > 2- I send an HTML mail normaly to yahoo and hotmail.
> > > 3- The hotmail compile it and display as a web bage.
> > > 4- The yahoo did't compile it and display the HTML source !.
> > >
> > > Needed:
> > > 1- why yahoo mail did not compile it.
> > > 2- solve of this problem, or a way to solve it.
> > >
> > > ------- START source-----------------------------------
> > > My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
> > > print MAIL "To: $email\n";
> > > print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
> > > print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
> > > print MAIL "$contents\n";
> > > close (MAIL);
> > > ------- END source-----------------------------------
> > >
> > > THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

> >Hi,
> >
> >I had some similar trouble and resolved it by using the following
> >headers and dividers.
> >
> >From: me@myaddress
> >To: someone@theiraddress
> >Subject: Re: test
> >
> >-----divider---
> >
> >Please use netscape 2 view
> >
> >-----divider---

> ><B>
> ></B>
> >
> >-----divider-----
> >

> >Hope that is what you were looking for.
> >
> >Alex.

Sorry, the "please view with netscape" bit was just an example, as with
the dividers in the user will only see either the text part or the html,
so you have a message in the txt part saying - please view me with a
something that is going to look at the html.  If that didn't work then I
only have the following advice;
1) make sure you have the format exactly the same as in the example
(especially the dividers as the number of "-" changes).
2) this problem is to do with the format of the email you send, not your
cgi script, so send yourself an email from the commands line and ignore
you cgi script until it works.

Good luck

Alex.

0
alex
5/14/2002 3:12:23 PM
"compiled like hotmail" makes no sense. It is how the email client (in
this case Hotmail and Yahoo!) handle incoming email messages. If you
are not adding the proper header information, you can not expect the
client to do what you want.

Do you even know if Yahoo! handles HTML mail correctly? If it does,
then you aren't doing the Right Thing when creating the email. Proper
Content-Type header info should work. Hotmail may be displaying
whatever is in the email body (HTML, in this case), while Yahoo! is
treating it as text, since that is the default when no Content-Type is
explicitly given.

To create more robust emails, look into MIME::Lite, or some such
modules. For the web-based email system I wrote, I use MIME::Lite and
all is happy.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 05:54:47PM +0300, messag from ESS (etaher2k@hotmail.com) said something similar to:
> Thanks Alex Read
> but it didnt work.and I can;t control on the user broswes.
>
> NOTE: I want it compiled Like hotmial, the problem with yahoo
>
> Thanks agian

[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
Not a speck of cereal.
	-- Frank Zappa
0
perlguy
5/14/2002 3:44:46 PM
Dude,

Try this

> ------- START source-----------------------------------
 My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
 print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n;"

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
"Life Is Pain, Highness.  Anyone who says otherwise is selling something."
    -- The Dread Pirate Wesley, in the Princess Bride.

cgonzalez
5/14/2002 4:47:32 PM
Thanks to all these brains which give a help to us,

1- I tried this with many options but didnt work,

2-This and give me error not for simicolon only,
------- START source-----------------------------------
    open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
  print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n;"
  print MAIL "To: $email\n";
  print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
  print MAIL "$contents\n";
  close (MAIL);
------- END source-----------------------------------

anyone try to make like me before?

Thankx again

>From: Camilo Gonzalez <cgonzalez@taylorjohnson.com>
>To: "'perlguy@perlguy.com'" <perlguy@perlguy.com>, messag from ESS
><etaher2k@hotmail.com>
>CC: beginners-cgi@perl.org
>Subject: RE: yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:47:32 -0500
>
>Dude,
>
>Try this
>
> > ------- START source-----------------------------------
>  My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
>  print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n;"
>  print MAIL "To: $email\n";
>  print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
>  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
>  print MAIL "$contents\n";
>  close (MAIL);

etaher2k
5/14/2002 9:07:20 PM
Doh! Sorry, try this:

------- START source-----------------------------------
    open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
  print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
  print MAIL "To: $email\n";
  print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
  print MAIL "$contents\n";
  close (MAIL);
Thanks to all these brains which give a help to us,

1- I tried this with many options but didnt work,

2-This and give me error not for simicolon only,
------- START source-----------------------------------
    open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
  print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n;"
  print MAIL "To: $email\n";
  print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
  print MAIL "$contents\n";
  close (MAIL);
------- END source-----------------------------------

anyone try to make like me before?

Thankx again

>From: Camilo Gonzalez <cgonzalez@taylorjohnson.com>
>To: "'perlguy@perlguy.com'" <perlguy@perlguy.com>, messag from ESS
><etaher2k@hotmail.com>
>CC: beginners-cgi@perl.org
>Subject: RE: yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail
>Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:47:32 -0500
>
>Dude,
>
>Try this
>
> > ------- START source-----------------------------------
>  My source is:open(MAIL,"|$mailp -t");
>  print MAIL "Content-Type: text/html\n\n;"
>  print MAIL "To: $email\n";
>  print MAIL "From: $wemail\n";
>  print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
>  print MAIL "$contents\n";
>  close (MAIL);

cgonzalez
5/14/2002 9:09:29 PM
I'm not sure I understand the nature of the problem with
using the standard Email tricks through perl?

ciao
drieux

### #!/usr/bin/perl -w
### use strict;
###
### sub DoThatMailVoodoo {
###     my ( $userName, $subject, $msg) = @_;
###
###     my $bailFile = "/tmp/sendmail.bail.$$";
###     my $sendmail = '/usr/lib/sendmail';
###
###     # ok, so sharing the code back in may be over the top....
###
###     open (FH, "sharIt $0 |") or die "unable to self Shar:$!\n";
###     $msg .= $_ while(<FH>) ;
###     close FH;
###     $msg .= "\n\n";    # make sure it ends okish
###
###     open (MAIL, "| $sendmail -t -oi 2>$bailFile")
###         or die "unable to open sendmail:$!\n";
###
###     print MAIL "To:  $userName \n";
###     print MAIL "Subject: $subject\n\n";
###     print MAIL "$msg";
###
###     close MAIL;
###     # Ok so this is MASSED Paranoia
###     if ( -f $bailFile and -s  $bailFile) {
###         print "we had an error case from sendmail\n";
###         open(ER_FH, $bailFile) or die "unable to open Bail File:$!\n";
###         my @err_msg=<ER_FH>;
###         close(ER_FH);
###         close(MAIL);
###         unlink($bailFile);
###         die "@err_msg\n\n";
###     } else {
###         unlink($bailFile);
###     }
###
### } # DoThatMailVoodoo
###
### #-------------------
### #  The Main Loop Section
###
### my $toWhom = 'beginners-cgi@perl.org, etaher2k@hotmail.com';
### my $about = ' RE: yahoo mail did\'t compile HTML mail ';
### my $msg =<<EOL;
###
### I'm not sure I understand the nature of the problem with
### using the standard Email tricks through perl?
###
### ciao
### drieux
###
### EOL
###
### DoThatMailVoodoo($toWhom, $about, $msg);
###
### # end of the world as I know it - drieux@wetware.com
###

0
drieux
5/14/2002 10:16:26 PM
Try with only 1 \n.. try using MIME::Lite to form the email properly
(which I mentioned before). I have no problems doing this with
MIME::Lite.

Cheers,
Kevin

PS. try trimming any text from replies which have nothing to do with
the reply itself.

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
I don't know half of you as well as I should like and I like less than half of

yahoo mail: ebay html mails with empty 'body' section.
I have a strange problem and am curious if any of you has a solution to this. I am using: TB 1.5.0.8 webmail: 1.0.13 Webmail-yahoo: 1.1.8 yahoo mail: Beta Website I am downloading my yahoo mails with webmail plus webmail-yahoo into TB. Except for the subject line, nothing appears in the mail body. If I check online in Yahoo, I can see the entire message (html), but not in TB. Any other yahoo mail download into TB (html) works fine, just ebay seems to be odd. Is this eventually related to TB (any filters)? I'd appreciate any guidance. Thanks Mike Mike wrot...

Bugizilla 4.4.8 : There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla-daemon@xxx.xxx.x.xxx' to 'mail-id@domain': Couldn't authenticate 'mail-id@gmail.com:...'
Dear All, I had configured Bugizilla 4.4.8 almost 8 months back for our internal purpose and was working fine all these days. Today morning it started giving the following error when I try to login as administrator. -----ERROR----------------------------------------------- An unexpected error occurred. This could be a temporary problem, or some code is behaving incorrectly. If this problem persists, please email this page to mail-d@domain with details of what you were doing at the time this message appeared. URL: http://192.168.0.138/complaints/index.cgi There was an error ...

don't see mails, don't see mail text
hi, all of a sudden my mozilla 1.4 mail program (on win98se) won't show me the new mail (it says there are 60 in the inbox, but i just see 8 of them in the mail window ... and i know there should be 60 because i downloaded them the night before) and for some mails i see the subject, but when i click on it i don't get any mail text, althoug the mail window says that the message is 23 kb long. any idea? i have already tried to compress the mail folders - doesn't help. thanks in advance. michael m b�rkle wrote: > hi, > all of a sudden my mozilla 1.4 mail p...

Arabic language doesn't appear in firefox when using yahoo mail or windows love mail
Name: Radwan Email: dartaz0_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Arabic language doesn't appear in firefox when using yahoo mail or windows love mail Comments: In yahoo mail or windows live mail firefox can't Auto-Detect the right encoding. (in gmail it can Aut-detect the right encoding) For example, in yahoo mail I need to go to view > character encoding then I must choose Arabic (windows-1256). I must do that every time. But I don't understand why firefox can't detect the right encoding automatically, instead of going to view > character encoding ...

Yahoo mail html message editing doesn't work.
Name: Peter Karp Email: gr814pk_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Yahoo mail html message editing doesn't work. Comments: I'm running Firefox 2.0 RC 1. Here's my help/about info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20060918 Firefox/2.0. When I compose an email in Yahoo web mail, the html editing features like font color and size don't work (they call it "Mode: color and graphics" in Options / General Preferences / Composing E-mails). My Yahoo mail composing screen is always plain text only in Firefox 2.0. When com...

when I right click an E-Mail to send it to junk, you open it... don't do that!! If I wanted the mail opened I wouldn't bother to be marking it as Junk!!
Name: David Daniels Email: danielddatpaulbunyandotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: when I right click an E-Mail to send it to junk, you open it... don't do that!! If I wanted the mail opened I wouldn't bother to be marking it as Junk!! Comments: When I mark my E-mail as junk I right click it, don't open the mail when I right click it, only when I left click it. If I right click the mail stay on the previous available e-mail and allow me to mark the right clicked e-mail as junk so it will be sent unread to the junk folder...thank you for your time. Browser...

'yahoo mail beta' and 'Wordpress' login don't work anymore after update to firefox 2.0.0.5
Hi, I'm running Windows vista home premium and after the update to 2.0.0.5 i cannot login anymore to the Yahoo mail beta, that meas that the login page keeps reloading every second so i don't have the change to type in my loginname and password. I'm also running two sites on wordpress but i cannot login to both of them eighter. here is the problem that i can login but the screen keeps retrning to the login screen. This is also since the update. I also updated my java to 6V2 so that should not be the problem i guess.... If someone can help me, that would be great!...

[mailing][test]mailing list subscription test : you don't need to read this mail
Hi It's a test mail Sorry for that Riadh ...

superreview canceled: [Bug 439470] Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only : [Attachment 330001] Fix initialisation of directories/mailing lists
Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> has canceled Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 439470: Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439470 Attachment 330001: Fix initialisation of directories/mailing lists https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=330001&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> Opps, wrong bug. I'd better move it across. ...

superreview requested: [Bug 439470] Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only : [Attachment 330001] Fix initialisation of directories/mailing lists
Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> has asked David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> for superreview: Bug 439470: Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439470 Attachment 330001: Fix initialisation of directories/mailing lists https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=330001&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mark Banner <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> So the problem with the code at the moment, is that the maintained lists (of cards) are onl...

superreview granted: [Bug 439470] Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only : [Attachment 327403] Provide read-only detection for mailing list dialogs.
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has granted Mark Banner (afk 5-12 July) <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com>'s request for superreview: Bug 439470: Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439470 Attachment 327403: Provide read-only detection for mailing list dialogs. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=327403&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> Looks good - one comment nit: read-only? if so, sho...

superreview requested: [Bug 439470] Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only : [Attachment 327403] Provide read-only detection for mailing list dialogs.
Mark Banner (afk 5-12 July) <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> has asked David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> for superreview: Bug 439470: Mailing List Dialog for OS X address books doesn't list addresses and isn't read-only https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=439470 Attachment 327403: Provide read-only detection for mailing list dialogs. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=327403&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Mark Banner (afk 5-12 July) <bugzilla@standard8.plus.com> I wanted to come up with something for this before TB...

I did not ask for Mozilla firefox and you have your own mail and I don't want three incoming mail. I already have jcwifi and windows mail.
Name: Rhonda Thurman Email: councilatjcwifidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I did not ask for Mozilla firefox and you have your own mail and I don't want three incoming mail. I already have jcwifi and windows mail. Comments: Your email will not let me send out zads of pictures plus others that it I di bit need three mails. Your windows will not let me send out. Plus I have many pictures that I would use my email to send out and your company statement said I need to use startls. I have not a clue lwhat they are tlaking about. My computer teacher doesn't know e...

Get Mail doesn't open mail
FF 3. Downloaded the compatible "Get Mail" ext., but it doesn't open TB as it did in FF2. Checked for preferences, but there are none. Suggestions? Thanks. Stephen Fox wrote: > FF 3. Downloaded the compatible "Get Mail" ext., but it doesn't open TB > as it did in FF2. Checked for preferences, but there are none. > Suggestions? > > Thanks. Make sure that FF3 is your default browser, and that Thunderbird is the default mail program. -- Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net Stephen Fox wrote: > FF 3. Downloaded the comp...

Web resources about - yahoo mail did't compile HTML mail - perl.beginners.cgi