Not working in Netscape, working in IE #2

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C15714.2A7D4620

I am having a similar problem to one that I saw you answer in a post.  I
have a project where the cgi form is being displayed in Netscape as raw HTML
but in IE it works fine.  This CGI does not use the "print <<enter..."
instead I see "print qq~"

If this doesn't help the beginning of where I believe the problem is goes
like this:

#    Login Start Page              #

sub login_startpage
{
&counter ("$logdir/","fakecount_frontpage");
&counter ("$logdir/","realcount_frontpage");
&read_file_content ("$logdir/","fakecount_frontpage");

if ($ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'})
{
  foreach (split(/;\ /, $ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'}))
 {
   ($cookie,$value) = split(/=/);
   $Cookies{$cookie} = $value;
  }
($un,$pw) = split(/\:/,$value);
}

print qq~
<head>
<title>..........
Any suggestions?

Jimmy Lewis
Web Programmer
IP Strategy Inc.
5353 Mission Center Road #212
San Diego, CA 92108

tel 619-308-0180 x206
fax 619-839-3652
ipstrategy.com

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C15714.2A7D4620--

0
jimmy
10/17/2001 9:01:06 PM
perl.beginners.cgi 3839 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jimmy,

1. correct date and time on your computer, please!

2. I am a newbie with Perl and I have no idea what this 'print qq~'
stuff is all about but I will do my best:

I understand that the HTML page generated by the cgi-script on the fly
is not recognized as http stream/HTML file by Netscape rather than a
cgi-script http://www.yourdomain.com/foo.cgi is displayed as text
instead of being executed by the server.

Therefore, the MIME type sent by the server with the script output is
not 'text/html' but something else (default?) which IE interprets as
HTML and Netscape displays as text. Undoubtedly, you did not forget the line

	'print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";'

or typed something wrong in it, did you?

Does this problem occur with every Netscape client and with no IE? I
don't know Netscape Navigator inside (who does?) but it *may* be that
the entry in the preferences what to do with MIME type 'text/html' is
just missing for some reason and that normal HTML pages with file name
endings like '.htm' or '.html' are interpreted as HTML for their name
not for the MIME type sent by the server so that this "instance of a
Netscape Navigator object" behaves normally with normal HTML.

Cheers

Stephan
--
Dipl.-Chem. Stephan Tinnemeyer
Lindenallee 20

I saw in another reply to this, that it may be a problem with the
header, while this is possible, I only ever get an error in my logfiles
stating premature end of script headers, never a raw html dump to the
browser.

Are you using strict and -w?? These will you track down the sources of
problems in your scripts.

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 17:01, Jimmy Lewis wrote:
> I am having a similar problem to one that I saw you answer in a post.  I
> have a project where the cgi form is being displayed in Netscape as raw
> HTML
> but in IE it works fine.  This CGI does not use the "print <<enter..."
> instead I see "print qq~"
>
> If this doesn't help the beginning of where I believe the problem is
> goes
> like this:
>

> ######################################################
> #    Login Start Page              #
> ######################################################
>
> sub login_startpage
> {
> &counter ("$logdir/","fakecount_frontpage");
> &counter ("$logdir/","realcount_frontpage");
> &read_file_content ("$logdir/","fakecount_frontpage");
>
> if ($ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'})
> {
>   foreach (split(/;\ /, $ENV{'HTTP_COOKIE'}))
>  {
>    ($cookie,$value) = split(/=/);
>    $Cookies{$cookie} = $value;
>   }
> ($un,$pw) = split(/\:/,$value);
> }
>

> print qq~
> <head>
> <title>..........
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jimmy Lewis
> Web Programmer
> IP Strategy Inc.
> 5353 Mission Center Road #212
> San Diego, CA 92108
>
> tel 619-308-0180 x206
> fax 619-839-3652
> ipstrategy.com

Michael D. Risser
Software Engineer/Linux Administrator/Web Master
=============================
Machine Vision Products, Inc.
www.visionpro.com
michael@visionpro.com

0
michael

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

JavaScript Not Working In IE But Works In Netscape
Hello all, I am using the following javascript function: window.parent.location.href = MyNewPage.aspx If I display the page in Netscape or FireFox, the function works correctly.  If I display the page in IE, the function does not redirect the browser to the new page.  I know I am making the function call in IE because I have an alert statement before and after the "window.parent.location.href" function call.  In IE the first and second alert statement indicate the function is ignored.  In Netscape or FireFox, I do not execute the second alert, instead my browser is red...

Javascript Error in IE...Same script works fine in Netscape. What i need to change to make it work in IE?
function validCheck(frmObj){ var checkbox_choices = false; for (counter = 0; counter lifevision: function validCheck(frmObj){ var checkbox_choices = false; for (counter = 0; counter paste the complete functionMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets place "var" before the variable counter: for (var counter = 0; counter < 10; counter ++){ }...

Startup script work in IE but not work in Firefox 2.0

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x
Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x Best Regards, Vivek Singh Hi, do you mean the ASP.NET validation controls client side functions? Because only IE 5+ are considered an uplevel browser the client side validation will work. Other browsers are considered downlevel (this can be adjusted in the machine.config btw) so the webuivalidation.js doesn't get submitted to the client. Validation will allways occur though but only on the server side. Besides that I also believe that other browsers aren't capable of understanding the jscript that gets shipped with...

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0
Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0 Best Regards, Vivek Singh What exacting do you mean by not working? Do you mean that the input is not being validated? Make sure that you have then enabled. If you are using VS, then right click on your project go to properties Common Properties Designer Defaults and make sure that the drop down list says at least IE 5.0. If you mean that the validation is causing a postback, then this is what is meant to happen. This is because of the javascript that ASP.NET passes to validate the input.Intel...

What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox
Name: Bill Schultz Email: altmailatbresnandotnet Product: Firefox Summary: What work with IE does NOT work in FireFox Comments: If you open http://www.allseeingeye.whatshisface.org in Internet Explorer and click on the links you will hear Audio Files play that are attached to the different web pages. You will also notice dissolve transitions between the pages. When you click on the 1st small eyeball you will see a form appear. Now run the same Web Site in FireFox. 1. No Audio. 2. No page transitions. 3. Instead of the form appearing, FireFox gives an error message. It...

Button clcik event not work in IE [works in firefox] asp.net 2.0
 In my web application button_click event is not working. Its was working fine for me before  installing new windows. Its working fine in Firefox but not in IE. Can any one help me in this regard. I have check button name its click event everthing is there but when i run my application its simply not working.Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U Can you post the code you are using?"Sector clear"  Does it at least pos...

PXYAUTH not working with NE6.2.3 and Mozilla 1.7, just working with IE
Hi. The plugin PXYAUTH.EXE doesn't working with the following browsers: - Netscape 6.2.3 - Netscape 7.2 - Opera 8 - Mozilla 1.7 - Firefox 1.0.4 I tried to remove and reinstall the browsers (each one was tested alone) and the plugin many times, without success. I run NBM 3.8 SP3 IR2 on a Netware 6.5 SP2 server. The teste was made on a Windows XP SP1 machine. How can I make the plugin work with at least one browser listed before and IE6 on the same machine? I checked the Plugins folder on Netscape installation folder, and the NPTAth32.dll is there. Thanks, Pioker ...

onchange event for Html select control not working in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera
I have the following code of select control   <select id="cboState" onchange="distfill();" " >  this onchange event is not firing in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera.     PLease tell me how can i resolve my problem.RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Works for me. Maybe your problem ...

iManager 2.6 won't work on firefox after last SLES9 YOU update, IE still works
Hi everyone, following the last YOU update on three SLES9 boxes, iMan 2.6 gives 404 = errors when trying to open e.g. the "modify object" task in Directory = Administration with Firefox 2.0.0.13 on WinXP. Here's what I see in the = access.log: 10.110.77.89 - - [11/Apr/2008:15:46:02 +0200] "GET = /frameservice?NPService=3Dfw.LaunchService&NPAction=3DDelegate&delegate=3Db= ase.ModifyObject&launcher=3Dfw.HomePage&lifecycl e=3DRecreate&repeatable=3Dtrue HTTP/1.1" 404 1229 And here's the same when using IE7 instead: 10.110.77.89 - - ...

ImageButton Click PostBackTrigger (UpdatePanel) doesn't work for Firefox 2.0 (works for IE/FF3.0)
Hi All,I've the following hierarchy - Master Page -> User Control -> UpdatePanel -> ImageButton (Triggers = PostBackTrigger).Problem - ImageButton click doesn't execute the serverside code. Page does refresh but the buttonname_onclick code doesn't get executed in Firefox 2.0 (no errors shown either, nothing in firebug console too)Browsers - Happens ONLY in FireFox 2.0. Works in IE (tested in 7), Firefox 2.0. It works for AsyncPostBackTrigger though - buttonname_onclick code gets executed as expected.Since it works in other browsers, there don't seem to be any impleme...

Web resources about - Not working in Netscape, working in IE #2 - perl.beginners.cgi

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...