KDE 4.4 Platform Version 4.3.98 (KDE 4.3.98 (KDE 4.4 RC3)) "

Just installed kde latest version rc3

all is working as far as i use it  :)

--
susegebr

susegebr
2/1/2010 2:06:02 PM
opensuse.org.prerelease-beta 2066 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thanks for the nudge on this. I've been so busy on internal stuff I
forgot about this.
Running update now.

--
Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.5) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM

0
caf4926
2/1/2010 3:36:01 PM
Updated to RC3 already :D

--
OpenSuse 11.2 x64 w/ Kde 4.4 RC3
Tokugawa-Ieyasu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=39277
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
Tokugawa
2/1/2010 5:26:01 PM
Updated here too.

Looks and runs great! I haven't found anything wrong...yet. Everything
I noticed broken in RC2 seems working here.

The only thing I can't get working is Nepomuk. Keeps on complaining
about redland or something.

--
isaacj87
isaacj87's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=36472
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
isaacj87
2/1/2010 6:46:01 PM
isaacj87;2113481 Wrote:
> Updated here too.
>
> Looks and runs great! I haven't found anything wrong...yet. Everything
> I noticed broken in RC2 seems working here.
>
> The only thing I can't get working is Nepomuk. Keeps on complaining
> about redland or something.

Then install redland....It's in the same repos. :)

--
- Athlon X2 6.0 GHz, 8 GB, 30 GB SSD, 1.5 TB, 9800GT, 11.2+KDE4 4.4
- ASUS K70IO laptop, GT120M-1GB, 4 GB, 64 GB SSD, 11.2+KDE4 4.4

*/usr/bin/make love, not war*
Knurpht's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=783
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
Knurpht
2/1/2010 6:56:01 PM
Geting the latest now
rotfl!

--
hana36
hana36's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15790
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
hana36
2/1/2010 6:56:01 PM
What does the graphical effects setting do in KDE4.4? It's in
systemsettings>style>fine tuning.

Changing the resolution /cpu combos doesn't seem to make any
perceivable difference.
'[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/sklipikish/openSUSE/th_3b721be6.png]'
(http://tinyurl.com/yjwudd5)

--
*IBM *Thinkpad X60s | Intel L2400 | Intel 945GM | 3GB | openSuSE 11.2 |
KDE4.4RC3*
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
suse
2/1/2010 7:36:03 PM
Knurpht;2113495 Wrote:
> Then install redland....It's in the same repos. :)

Tried it. Didn't work...:(

--
isaacj87
isaacj87's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=36472
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
isaacj87
2/1/2010 7:46:01 PM
On Monday 01 Feb 2010 19:46, isaacj87 scribbled:

> Knurpht;2113495 Wrote:
>> Then install redland....It's in the same repos. :)
>
> Tried it. Didn't work...:(

I had a problem getting it to load after installing redland. The error
messages suggested missing files at
~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/redland. I got round this by
copying files from the virtuosobackend folder. This got round that problem.
Having just looked at the files in each of those folders, it looks as though
nepomuk has switched back to using the virtuosobackend folder - nothing has
been updated in the redland folder since they were copied there over a week
ago.

I should point out that I haven't tried nepomuk itself directly. I needed it
because Kontact needs Akonadi which has to have nepomuk running.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK.  E-mail: newsman not newsboy
"I wear the cheese. It does not wear me."

After Beagle  the greatest sh***t ever invented
new kid on the block "tagging" or putting a dog a lash on

I use Recoll and xapian  indexing within 10 min
and it can find what ever i have in /home/xxx :)

the rest of the system is a constant so if you know the
directory layout and what is where you dont need a search

for the time i am in the dark where to find what i use
find files/folders ;)

And oh  i dont have a NAS hooked up to my system or working in the
cloud ;)

--
susegebr
susegebr's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=5309
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
susegebr
2/2/2010 8:06:01 PM
Does anyone else get this.

I do a  : `sudo zypper refresh` which finds the latest updates in
KDE:FACTORY then `sudo zypper dup` . The system updates and everything
runs smoothly.

A day later checking for updates will once again find a new version of
KDE in KDE:FACTORY for me to download.

This has happened since switching from Stable to Factory.

It happened yesterday, i didn't notice RC3 (was just assuming it was an
updated KDE release from OpenSUSE development team.

After the update I noticed that when working that all of the sudden
plasma would go crazy. Starting with context menu's appearing as black
boxes. Then krunner would crash then all i would be left with is a mouse
on a black screen. I couldn't tell you why this happened as it appeared
to be random.

Hopefully this update fixes that.

--
rowp
rowp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=41080
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
rowp
2/2/2010 8:26:02 PM
On Tuesday 02 Feb 2010 20:06, susegebr scribbled:

> I have not installed akonadi and nepomuk
> the latter by deleteing nepomuk.desktop from /usr/share/autostart.

So, in 4.4, how does Kontact get on without Akonadi?

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK.  E-mail: newsman not newsboy
"I wear the cheese. It does not wear me."
0
Graham
2/3/2010 10:56:59 AM
Cloddy

> So, in 4.4, how does Kontact get on without Akonadi?

I dont know because Kontakt is not installed

I have IBM Lotus-Notes installed  ;)
and for private conversation Kmess

--
susegebr
susegebr's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=5309
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=432095

0
susegebr
2/3/2010 12:06:02 PM
On Wednesday 03 Feb 2010 12:06, susegebr scribbled:

> Cloddy
>
>> So, in 4.4, how does Kontact get on without Akonadi?
>
> I dont know because Kontakt is not installed
>

> I have IBM Lotus-Notes installed  ;)
> and for private conversation Kmess

I wondered if something like that might be the case. Akonadi is started with
Kontact because Kaddressbook now uses it.