Beta 3: Flash plugin present in FF, but not working (64-bit)

I wonder if this is a bug or temporary beta thing, because there are no
non-oss repos available yet, so it is not fully configured with non-oss
stuff. 11.0 had flash working out of the box.

about:plugins shows that I have both the nspluginwrapper and Flash
player installed, but Flash does not work (pages act as if there is no
flash installed).

I noticed this both on Beta2 and now on Beta3. On beta2 all I had to do
was to reinstall the flash plugin from 11.0 repo.

So, should I file one, or is this expected of beta?

--
Zonei

Zonei
10/23/2008 11:36:01 AM
opensuse.org.prerelease-beta 2066 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's working here...
lol!>:)

--
Thanks,
Ben Popatopalous   :eek:

0
popatopalous
10/23/2008 5:16:02 PM
What exactly is your Flash plugin? Shockwave?

Cuz me too it's not fully functional. Actually, in 10.3, 11.0 and 11.1,
I never got Flash or JavaScript (not same thing I know) fully
functional, I do not know which one isn't.

--
Frank
openSUSE KDE 10.3 64-bits
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
Franksuse64
10/24/2008 12:26:01 AM
Well as far as I can tell there's no non-oss repo working yet (or at
least last time I checked and that's where you would get flash-player).
It's not hard to do it manually and that way you can get Flash 10 (I've
got it working in 11.1 and it's so much better than 9).
Download it here: http://tinyurl.com/zgkz2
choose the tar version.
extract it then in whatever dir you extracted the files

Code:
--------------------
    sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/
--------------------

then

Code:
--------------------
    sudo nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so
--------------------

then in browser make sure nspluginviewer is selected to handle flash
content.

--
trippinnik
trippinnik's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=434
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
trippinnik
10/24/2008 1:26:03 PM
How do you check that nsplugingviewer is enabled?

NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.0.0 must be enabled?

--
Frank
openSUSE KDE 10.3 64-bits
Intel Q6600 64-bits QuadCore G0 Revision
nVidia Geforce 8600 GT
ASUS P5K-E mobo + 4GB RAM
Franksuse64's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2759
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
Franksuse64
10/25/2008 12:26:01 AM
Look in Yast > software

Geoff
Franksuse64;1887356 Wrote:
> How do you check that nsplugingviewer is enabled?
>
> NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.0.0 must be enabled?

--
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz, 4GB DDR2, Tot 1.5 TB drive space,
GeForce 7600 GS, OpenSuse 11 x86_64, KDE 4.1.2 "release 48.1"
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
geoffro
10/25/2008 7:36:01 AM
Depends on the browser.  In firefox Click - Edit - Preferences -
Applications - and search for SWF or flash by default nspluginviewer is
enabled.

--
trippinnik
trippinnik's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=434
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
trippinnik
10/25/2008 3:06:01 PM
That explains a lot, I do not have SWF in the applications list.

--
Frank
openSUSE KDE 10.3 64-bits
Intel Q6600 64-bits QuadCore G0 Revision
nVidia Geforce 8600 GT
ASUS P5K-E mobo + 4GB RAM
Franksuse64's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2759
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
Franksuse64
10/26/2008 5:06:01 PM

Code:
--------------------
  >   > sudo nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so
--------------------

Code:
--------------------
    nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for /usr/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so
--------------------

on 11.1b3+/b4 with  Flash Player 10 for Linux
Version 10.0.12.36

Alin

--
"...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?" ---
G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=398093

0
ealin
10/31/2008 11:06:01 AM
Try to install the linux32 package in yast.

--
herrmarder
herrmarder's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18742