Samba: win to linux fine, natilus (linux) to linux asks for password

Hi!
Basically that is my particular issue, adding that I've set it up over
openvpn as well, to the same server.

[win -> linux]
- see public (for existing users) shares and try to enter them  
- when asked for user and password, can see the contents of the public
share along with my home folder
- can see the shared local printer, and open and view current print
jobs on the server (cannot print tough, will write another post about
that)


[linux to linux]
- try to access the server via smbclient -L and can see shares ok
- from nautilus, with the address smb://10.22.22.1 can see the public
shares, but it won't let me in, asking for user, workgroup and password
no matter what type.

Huges, peace, love and beer for everyone!


-- 
mgnome
------------------------------------------------------------------------



0
mgnome
9/23/2010 4:36:02 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1648 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

On Thu September 23 2010 11:36 am, mgnome wrote:

> 
> Hi!
> Basically that is my particular issue, adding that I've set it up over
> openvpn as well, to the same server.
> 
> [win -> linux]
> - see public (for existing users) shares and try to enter them  
> - when asked for user and password, can see the contents of the public
> share along with my home folder
> - can see the shared local printer, and open and view current print
> jobs on the server (cannot print tough, will write another post about
> that)
> 
> 
> [linux to linux]
> - try to access the server via smbclient -L and can see shares ok
> - from nautilus, with the address smb://10.22.22.1 can see the public
> shares, but it won't let me in, asking for user, workgroup and password
> no matter what type.
> 
> Huges, peace, love and beer for everyone!
> 
> 
mgnome;

Go over the HowTo: http://opensuse.swerdna.org/suselanprimer.html
If you can still not get it to work then please post your /etc/samba/smb.conf
files from both linux machines.  Make sure to create Samba users on each
linux machine with:
[code]
su
smbpasswd -a <username>
[/code]
-- 
P. V. 
"We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you." Red Green
0
PV
9/23/2010 5:43:01 PM
Thanks!
Well... I have revised those tutorials and I think I don't get it
work.
Please note that at this time I'm in other office so I'm doing all test
over the vpn. The vpn is actually the only case that interest me to
work.

Perhaps I can revert smb.conf on the server to the version in which
doing smbclient -U walter -L 10.22.22.1 used to list my shares on my
terminal. I was not aware that I needed to do anything on the client's
smb.conf, so mine is the default of opensuse 11.3 and smb is not enabled
as a service.

Now I've changed the ip address of the vpn server to 10.14.18.1. 

CLIENT SMB.CONF

Code:
--------------------
    [global]
  	workgroup = WORKGROUP
  	passdb backend = tdbsam
  	printing = cups
  	printcap name = cups
  	printcap cache time = 750
  	cups options = raw
  	map to guest = Bad User
  	include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
  	logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
  	logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
  	logon drive = P:
  	usershare allow guests = Yes
  [homes]
  	comment = Home Directories
  	valid users = %S, %D%w%S
  	browseable = No
  	read only = No
  	inherit acls = Yes
  [profiles]
  	comment = Network Profiles Service
  	path = %H
  	read only = No
  	store dos attributes = Yes
  	create mask = 0600
  	directory mask = 0700
  [users]
  	comment = All users
  	path = /home
  	read only = No
  	inherit acls = Yes
  	veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
  [groups]
  	comment = All groups
  	path = /home/groups
  	read only = No
  	inherit acls = Yes
  [printers]
  	comment = All Printers
  	path = /var/tmp
  	printable = Yes
  	create mask = 0600
  	browseable = No
  [print$]
  	comment = Printer Drivers
  	path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
  	write list = @ntadmin root
  	force group = ntadmin
  	create mask = 0664
  	directory mask = 0775
--------------------


SERVER SMB.CONF

Code:
--------------------
    [global]
  workgroup = COMINGSA.NET
  netbios name = SERVERCOMING01
  passdb backend = tdbsam
  name resolve order  = bcast host lmhosts wins
  server string  =
  map to guest = Bad User
  usershare allow guests = Yes
  wins support = No
  usershare max shares = 100
  #bind interfaces only = yes
  hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24 10.14.18.0/24 127.0.0.1
  interfaces = 192.168.1.0/24 10.14.18.0/24
  local master = yes
  preferred master = yes
  os level = 65
  printing  = cups
  printcap name = cups
  printcap cache time  = 750
  cups options = raw
  use client driver = yes
  load printers = yes
  
  [homes]
  comment = Carpetas personales
  valid users = %S, %D%w%S
  browseable = No
  read only = No
  inherit acls = Yes
  
  [public]
  comment = Carpeta p�blica
  path = /home/public
  force user = walter
  force group = users
  read only = No
  
  [printers]
  comment = Impresora en server
  path = /var/spool/samba
  printer admin = root, walter
  create mask = 0700
  guest ok = Yes
  printable = Yes
  use client driver = Yes
  browseable = No
  
--------------------


SYSLOG ENTRIES INCLUDE THESE:

Code:
--------------------
    Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.457672,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   getpeername failed. Error was El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458373,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   getpeername failed. Error was El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458605,  0] lib/access.c:410(check_access)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458654,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   getpeername failed. Error was El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   Denied connection from  (0.0.0.0)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458804,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   getpeername failed. Error was El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   Connection denied from 0.0.0.0
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458921,  0] lib/util_sock.c:675(write_data)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.458986,  0] lib/util_sock.c:1432(get_peer_addr_internal)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   getpeername failed. Error was El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   write_data: write failure in writing to client 0.0.0.0. Error Conexi�n reinicializada por la m�quina remota
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]: [2010/09/23 05:26:43.459123,  0] smbd/process.c:79(srv_send_smb)
  Sep 23 05:26:43 cfs smbd[3861]:   Error writing 5 bytes to client. -1. (El otro extremo de la conexi�n no est� conectado)
  Sep 23 05:26:54 cfs kernel: [ 5096.194678] martian source 192.168.1.102 from 10.14.18.6, on dev eth0
  Sep 23 05:26:54 cfs kernel: [ 5096.194683] ll header: 00:25:22:39:0a:d5:00:26:82:2b:2c:01:08:00
  
--------------------


-- 
mgnome
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgnome's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=48926
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=446912

0
mgnome
9/23/2010 10:06:02 PM
I apologize if I didn't explained well. I have two issues I've separated
from each other in the aim of keep a post topic unique.

1. The print from windows issue [http://tinyurl.com/28vnf2d]
2. The case of this post: linux to linux from my linux laptop to the
linux server trhough openvpn, provided that openvpn and samba are being
used with no problem.


-- 
mgnome
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgnome's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=48926
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=446912

0
mgnome
9/23/2010 10:06:02 PM
On Thu September 23 2010 05:06 pm, mgnome wrote:

> 
> Thanks!
> Well... I have revised those tutorials and I think I don't get it
> work.
> Please note that at this time I'm in other office so I'm doing all test
> over the vpn. The vpn is actually the only case that interest me to
> work.
> 
> Perhaps I can revert smb.conf on the server to the version in which
> doing smbclient -U walter -L 10.22.22.1 used to list my shares on my
> terminal. I was not aware that I needed to do anything on the client's
> smb.conf, so mine is the default of opensuse 11.3 and smb is not enabled
> as a service.
> 
> Now I've changed the ip address of the vpn server to 10.14.18.1. 
> 
> CLIENT SMB.CONF
> 
> Code:
> --------------------
>     [global]
>       workgroup = WORKGROUP
>       passdb backend = tdbsam
>       printing = cups
>       printcap name = cups
>       printcap cache time = 750
>       cups options = raw
>       map to guest = Bad User
>       include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
>       logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
>       logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
>       logon drive = P:
>       usershare allow guests = Yes
>   [homes]
>       comment = Home Directories
>       valid users = %S, %D%w%S
>       browseable = No
>       read only = No
>       inherit acls = Yes
>   [profiles]
>       comment = Network Profiles Service
>       path = %H
>       read only = No
>       store dos attributes = Yes
>       create mask = 0600
>       directory mask = 0700
>   [users]
>       comment = All users
>       path = /home
>       read only = No
>       inherit acls = Yes
>       veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
>   [groups]
>       comment = All groups
>       path = /home/groups
>       read only = No
>       inherit acls = Yes
>   [printers]
>       comment = All Printers
>       path = /var/tmp
>       printable = Yes
>       create mask = 0600
>       browseable = No
>   [print$]
>       comment = Printer Drivers
>       path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
>       write list = @ntadmin root
>       force group = ntadmin
>       create mask = 0664
>       directory mask = 0775
> --------------------
> 
> 
> SERVER SMB.CONF
> 
> Code:
> --------------------
>     [global]
>   workgroup = COMINGSA.NET
>   netbios name = SERVERCOMING01
>   passdb backend = tdbsam
>   name resolve order  = bcast host lmhosts wins
>   server string  =
>   map to guest = Bad User
>   usershare allow guests = Yes
>   wins support = No
>   usershare max shares = 100
>   #bind interfaces only = yes
>   hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24 10.14.18.0/24 127.0.0.1
>   interfaces = 192.168.1.0/24 10.14.18.0/24
>   local master = yes
>   preferred master = yes
>   os level = 65
>   printing  = cups
>   printcap name = cups
>   printcap cache time  = 750
>   cups options = raw
>   use client driver = yes
>   load printers = yes
>   
>   [homes]
>   comment = Carpetas personales
>   valid users = %S, %D%w%S
>   browseable = No
>   read only = No
>   inherit acls = Yes
>   
>   [public]
>   comment = Carpeta p�blica
>   path = /home/public
>   force user = walter
>   force group = users
>   read only = No
>   
>   [printers]
>   comment = Impresora en server
>   path = /var/spool/samba
>   printer admin = root, walter
>   create mask = 0700
>   guest ok = Yes
>   printable = Yes
>   use client driver = Yes
>   browseable = No
>   
> --------------------
> 
<snip>
mgnome;

Set the workgroup parameter in both smb.conf to the same value.   I would
suggest you change the workgroup parameter of the client to:
[code]
workgroup = COMINGSA.NET
[/code]  

Assuming the client and server are on the same subnet (either both on
192.168.1.0/24 or both on 10.14.18.0/24, then also on the client set this
parameter:
[code]
 name resolve order  = bcast host lmhosts wins
[/code]

If they are on different subnets, names can not be resolved by bcast and the
easiest way is to use a wins server.  In this case modify the smb.conf on the
server by adding/editing to:
[code]
wins support = yes
name resolve order = wins bcast host lmhosts
[/code]

And on the client change the smb.conf to have:
[code]
wins server = <IP of server>
name resolve order = wins bcast host lmhosts
[/code]

You will also need to have the network config on your windows machines point
to your wins server.  If you use dhcp for the windows machines, the wins
server can be dished out by the dhcp server. Make sure the IP of the server
stays the same.  

-- 
P. V. 
"We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you." Red Green
0
PV
9/23/2010 10:40:54 PM
Well thank you venzkep! Following your suggestions I modified them a
little and got his configuration that worked:

Server: I left bcast first in resolve order and wins last
Client: This is my [global] section
workgroup = WORKGROUP #the same as the server's
passdb backend = tdbsam
wins server = 10.14.18.1
name resolve order = wins bcast host lmhosts
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
printcap cache time = 750
cups options = raw
map to guest = Bad User
include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
usershare allow guests = Yes


Best regards!


-- 
mgnome
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mgnome's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=48926
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=446912

0
mgnome
10/5/2010 5:36:02 PM
On Tue October 5 2010 12:36 pm, mgnome wrote:

> 
> Well thank you venzkep! Following your suggestions I modified them a
> little and got his configuration that worked:
> 
> Server: I left bcast first in resolve order and wins last
> Client: This is my [global] section
> workgroup = WORKGROUP #the same as the server's
<snip>
> 
> 
> Best regards!
> 
> 
Glad to hear you have it all sorted out.  Happy to have helped.  I read your
private note, but felt it best to keep things on the forum just incase others
had similar problems.   
-- 
P. V. 
"We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you." Red Green
0
PV
10/6/2010 2:26:42 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Linux to Linux VPN
Hey All, Hopefully this is something that can be done. I have a main office with a Win2000 server. I have a remote office with 3 computers, right now each of the remote computers connects to the windows2000 server over the internet using VPN with the W2K box being the VPN server. This causes a few problems because of the domain login and the user's are not the ummmm brightest with computers. What I want to do it place a perment VPN with auto re-connect so when they unplug the DSL modem to plug in the Fax (I know I know) and then plug the DSL back in it will re-sync the VPN...

Migrate linux to linux
We want to migrate our gw7 from netware to linux but because we lack a spliffy new server i need to move it to a temporary server first. Thankfully we have an OES2 'test' server currently running in our production tree with suse10 and oes2. After we migrate the Netware server to the test server and get everything running, is it enough to just install the agents on the real server, copy the entire database over from test maintaining path etc, change some ip's in the nds and hit start ? - Arjan On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:46:01 +0000, Arjan wrote: > After we m...

pp package fine in 64bit linux.But not in 32bit linux.
------=_Part_37817_12648058.1163537389761 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline HI group, I have an executable program running fine in 64bit linux. If I convert the same code to binary, using pp for a 32bit linux, I am getting segmentation fault in a particular part alone. IS there anything to mainly concentrate on when creating binary for a 32 bit OS? thanks karthika. ------=_Part_37817_12648058.1163537389761-- ...

Dual boot
Recently, all of the sata controllers on my system board went south. Rather than buy a new board, I decided to dump Windows completely (since it is a pain to get working from an external drive) and just go with Ubuntu as an external. The Ubuntu install went fine. Everything so far is working. I decided to take the drive that used to have XP on it and set up a couple of other distro's to take a look at. I installed Kbuntu, and everything worked fine. I then installed Mepis. After the install I got a grub error:2 which I believe is that it cannot find the OS. I know this is d...

Linux Services on Linux OES2
Hi all, i´m testing a 2 node cluster (maybe more in the future) on OES2 (SLES10SP1, iSCSI on HP MSA1510i). Finally i want to cluster some NSS-Volumes, Groupwise and a CVS Server. Will this be possible?? Are there Linux-Services, which are not possible to implement with Novell Cluster Services? Thanks in advance. Alex Alexander Lorenz, NSS volumes and GroupWise are possible to cluster. I'm not sure about the CVS server though. Basically any serice that can access data from an NSS volume or from eDirectory should be possible to cluster. NCS requires NSS volumes, in...

OES(Linux) to OES2 (Linux)
Have a gaggle of servers running OES Linux. What are the reasons, compelling or otherwise, for upgrading/migrating, to OES2? Most of what I see are focused on convincing NetWare user to migrate to OES2. Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. -- joea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:36:04 +0000, joea wrote: > Being EOL or near EOL, would not be sufficient reason. If it's a production system it is. I would get all OES1 servers updated to OES2 ASAP. -- Joe Marton Novel...

LINUX and Adaptive Server for LINUX
What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and where can i get mor information about it? -- Ramses Palomo CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala rpalomo@starnet.net.gt This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------1131468DB38D86409C30C2E2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Ramses Palomo wrote: > > What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and > where can i get mor information about it? > > -- > Ramses Palomo > CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala > rpalomo@starne...

How to share a printer Linux to Linux
Hi, I've seen lots of posts on sharing printers in a mixed network, but I have 3 machines all with SUSE 10.3 - and I am having great difficulty in figuring out how to share the printer attached to the machine I use as a server. I have even tried Samba, but no success. Has anyone succeeded with setting up a shared printer using YAST? thanks for any reply -- prtowlson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I just solved your problem yesterday. I'm printing using cups and IPP. So I didn't print via samba. You should ...

Install Internet Explorer 7.0 in Linux with IEs 4 Linux
Don't shoot the messenger! :) <http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-linux-download/install-internet-explorer-70-in-linux-with-ies-4-linux-286578.php> or http://preview.tinyurl.com/2mkzgo -- js http://justheadlines.awardspace.com john s. smith wrote: > Don't shoot the messenger! :) > > <http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-linux-download/install-internet-explorer-70-in-linux-with-ies-4-linux-286578.php> > or > http://preview.tinyurl.com/2mkzgo > well then quick question for the messenger....have you tried it :) -- v vodka ...

Linux
Hello All, I just recently loaded linux onto my laptop. I hope this was not a bad move. But I cannot find the Activstate Perl I downloaded.I am using openSUSE Linux. I also am having trouble deciding which is the command line to open my scripts. There is the : Gnome Terminal, the Konsole, the x Terminal, and the Terminal Program - Super User Mode. Don't think it's that one for sure! I typed in the shebang line as such #!/usr/bin/perl then hit enter, after that I just type the name of the file.pl in. Is there any basic info on just what needs to be done in regards to ...

Linux
Hey, We would like to connect from a Linux box to a sybase database (zenworks) running on Netware 6. Can anyone point us in the right direction? Urbain Van Gucht Project Engineer On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:16:23 -0700, Urbain Van Gucht wrote: > Hey, > > We would like to connect from a Linux box to a sybase database (zenworks) > running on Netware 6. > Can anyone point us in the right direction? First off- does the Netware version of Sybase use TCP sockets? If it does, then: You need the client libraries/tools for linux. The simplest is to download th...

Linux
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1460A.ED997900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Does anyone know of a Linux group like this one? I'm dumping Windows as my main OS and moving to Red hat Robert Omatsu Control Seneca 9107 151st Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 Direct: 425-602-4705 Toll Free: 1-800-446-2446 Fax: 425-602-4722 Email: robert@controlseneca.com <mailto:robert@controlseneca.com> Visit Us Online at <http://www.controlseneca.com/> www.controlseneca.com ------_=_NextPart_001_01C1460A.ED997900-- Most ( ? all ) of the di...

LINUX
Can RedHat Linux 9 Network with Netware 5.1? Matt Lilly ML wrote: > Can RedHat Linux 9 Network with Netware 5.1? In what way? It can be a client using ncpfs or natively if you purchase and install NFA on your server. -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) That answers my question. Just standard file sharing. Thankyou Matt Lilly "Andy Thompson (SysOp)" <00aet@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:h0SYb.1503$tW6.1335@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > ML wrote: > > > Can RedHat Linux 9 ...

linux
What is the best Linux distribution from which to run Sybase ASE 12 (the beta)? Ditto for 11.9.2 Thanks in Advance, Justin Hertog In article <ODzZ5.132$fw5.7899@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Justin K. Hertog" <justinkhertog@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > What is the best Linux distribution from which to run Sybase ASE 12 (the > beta)? Ditto for 11.9.2 The 12.5 beta expects RH 6.2 or later (or a similar Caldera or SuSE installation). The details are: - kernel-2.2.14-5.0 - glibc-2.1.3-15 - rpm-3.0.4-0.48 - binutils-2.9.5.0.22-6 ...

Linux
We have a novell network where people mostly use window XP machines. I had a Linux (redhat 9) machine and was connecting to the network by running a script (that an IT guy set up for me, was using ncpmount). Now I have bought a machine with the redhat enterprise 3 OS. Will the same script work for me ? Thanks Rgds, Amit Amit, > We have a novell network where people mostly use window XP machines. I had > a Linux (redhat 9) machine and was connecting to the network by running a > script (that an IT guy set up for me, was using ncpmount). Now I have > bought ...

Linux
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, son wants Linux, asus a7m266, amd 1200, so many choices, anybody steer me in right direction? TIA > Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, son wants Linux, asus a7m266, amd 1200, so many choices, > > anybody steer me in right direction? TIA Just give him your credit card... ;-) For "Socket A" motherboard with KT266A, have a look at <http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q4/011126/index.html> for motherboard reviews. Be sure to read the conclusion at <http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q4/011126/kt266a_nforce- 23.html> The Soltek SL-75DRV2 s...

Linux
Hi all, Is there anybody out there who can sell me an old copy of Delphi for Linux? I actually had a copy once, when it was sold under a special name (??) but that disk seems to have disapeared... Thanks, Bart -- Bart Kindt / SARTrack Limited New Zealand www.sartrack.co.nz Hello, Bart Kindt wrote: > I actually had a copy once, when it was sold under a special name (??) that would probably be "Kylix". -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" Bart Kindt schrieb: > Is there anybody out there who can sell me an old copy of Delphi for ...

Linux
When I ran SR6 on my primary drive (40 gb), I selected each partition and told it to test - I have one ntfs partition, 1 linux swap, and 2 linux partions (ext3).��For�each�linux�partitions,�it�retested�the�entire�40gb.� I thought it should only test the individual partitions.��Anyone�else experience this effect? -- Laurence Mitchell In grc.spinrite Laurence Mitchell wrote: > When I ran SR6 on my primary drive (40 gb), I selected each > partition and told it to test - I have one ntfs partition, 1 linux > swap, and 2 linux partions > (ext3).��For�each�linux�partiti...

Linux
Hello, I was wondering if an application developed for .net framework is working on the mono framework under Linux. Is it true or only applications developed for mono run on both Windows and Linux? Thanks From what I understand, right now mono is pretty limited. It has a c# compiler, a JIT compiler, and some C# class libraries, maybe a few other things incorporated... I don't think you will be able to run any program you create....

Linux
Hi, I'm looking for pbcgi.exe for linux??? Regards.. Doesn't exist. Never will as far as I know. Sorry. Solaris was definately supported, and I think AIX and HPUX might have been supported as well. What you might want to consider is moving to an EAServer approach. From what I've heard, Linux support is being evaluated there. On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:07:23 -0000, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb gilles <g.gosset@tegelog.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm looking for pbcgi.exe for linux??? > >Regards.. > > > Bruce Ar...

Linux
Hi, Is it possible to have a Linux box print to a ndps printer??? I've got every (queue based) printer working but cannot get to any ndps printers. Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, >Is it possible to have a Linux box print to a ndps >printer??? I've got every (queue based) printer >working but cannot get to any ndps printers. You can enable lpr on the specific ndsp printers, which should enable you to print from a linux box.... regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Linux
Any Linux users posting here? I am about ready to chuck Microsoft. I am tired of all these script worms and viruses. Is Linux ready for prime time securitywise. I realize Apple has OS X which is a Unix based system, but I am not fond of their prices if you know what I mean. Spock wrote: > Any Linux users posting here? I am about ready to chuck Microsoft. I > am tired of all these script worms and viruses. > Is Linux ready for prime time securitywise. > I realize Apple has OS X which is a Unix based system, but I am not > fond of their prices if you know what I mean....

Linux
Wouldn't this be easier to use a Linux backend instead of upgrading DOS? Because it makes me think that Steve are reinventing the wheel. The Linux community already has written kernel modules to support the mass amount of available hardware. I know it would be difficult to rewrite SpinRite but that way it would be easier to maintain. I see it like DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke). It uses the Linux 2.4 kernel by default and by doing some research someone in the community upgraded its kernel to Linux 3.2 . I will be more than happy to link someone to the buildroot of tha...

linux
A) I want to write a web-Application in windows NT, which connected to Sybase-DB that could be lie on Linux. For this task I do the following steps: 1.I connect to the Database through ODBC (Sybase System 11) Data source name: Linux_Test Server: SYBASE Database name: public_db 2.Than I setting up the Jaguar Server At the Menu: Connection caches Propereties General-Tab: Servername: Linux_Test Username: Driver-Tab: DLL or classname: ODBC32.DLL 3.Defining a web-site Database with 'Power Dynamo 3.0'. A) I have created a new database in Adaptive Server Anywhere under Syba...

Web resources about - Samba: win to linux fine, natilus (linux) to linux asks for password - opensuse.org.network-internet

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

1Password’s new family plan lets multiple users easily share passwords
1Password , the popular service that allows users to securely store their various passwords, has today announced a new plan for families that ...

How to manage your saved passwords in Chrome for Android
One of the many great things about using Chrome as your primary browser across devices is that all your saved passwords get synced. That takes ...

Password cracking attacks on Bitcoin wallets net $103,000
(credit: NoHoDamon ) Hackers have siphoned about $103,000 (~£71,000) out of Bitcoin accounts that were protected with an alternative security ...

Security solution RapID wants to kill the password
At a time where cyber security is infiltrating the consciousness of consumers and businesses alike, finding the right balance between security ...

95% of Americans share passwords with friends and family members
Online security has been one of the hottest topics on the planet for the past several years. Between Edward Snowden, the Sony hack, the Target ...

Someday soon, your phone could replace your password
Tech companies are developing new security systems that won't require you remember passwords

Resources last updated: 2/19/2016 4:59:39 AM