Printing over a KRDC RPD session

Hi,

I am trying to set up an RDP session to my works cloud hosting service.
while I am able to connect and login and work via the Windows server
2008 connection I do not have access to my local network printer.
I have a mixed network of Linux and windows machines here at home and
can access the printer if I use a windows machine to RDP in to the
server.
The printer works on both setups, windows and Linux but one element
seems to be inaccessible when trying to setup the RDP session via
KRDC Version 4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5" Using KDE Development Platform
4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5".
On the windows setup for an RDP connection you choose to share local
resource, on the Linux setup there seems to be no reciprocal facility to
allow local resources, such as drives or printers to be shared.

Am I missing something, or is this just a mix up in logic between
Windows and Linux?
Should I be able to print from an RDP session via my Linux box?

I am running openSUSE 12.1 (i586) with KDE 4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5 as
mentioned above.

--
johnaokeeffe

johnaokeeffe
4/9/2012 3:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have a Canon MP980 printer. Everytime I print from an internet page or do a print preview, I can only do this once. When I press print or print preview a second time, Firefox instantly crashes.
Name: Tom Holleman Email: hollemanenglandatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have a Canon MP980 printer. Everytime I print from an internet page or do a print preview, I can only do this once. When I press print or print preview a second time, Firefox instantly crashes. Comments: The summary says it all. This did not occur with my HP printer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 GTB5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedb...

Difference in drivers for local printing and network printing
Hello, I have a XP Home SP3 PC connected to a Canon Pixma IP3000. I can print wirelessly from 2 XP laptops. A third laptop running Windows 7 64 bit can see the printer but cannot download the drivers for it. However, if I plug the printer USB cable into the laptop it finds the drivers (from windows update) and prints fine. Trying to print wirelessly fails with or without these USB drivers. I would have thought that the Windows 7 laptop could use the same drivers for both types of printing, anyone have any experience of this? Also the Canon website claims full compatability...

Slow ipp-print when printing from Internet explorer
Hi, Server: NW 6.5 sp3, Client XP sp2, NWclient: 4.91.0.20050216 When printing from InternetExplorer or Mozilla Firefox the PC is doing something in the background for about 30 - 60 seconds. When finished the "Print" box apears. Do you know of any explanation and eventually a fix to this? Thanks in advance Christian Microsoft has made a fix for this problem. You must call them and get KB 893225 > Hi, > Server: NW 6.5 sp3, Client XP sp2, NWclient: 4.91.0.20050216 > > When printing from InternetExplorer or Mozilla Firefox the PC is doing ...

Network Manager Applet not coming up
Hi, Running networking on cable with openSUSE 11.4 and gnome2. The network & internet was running fine till I installed NFS Server/client via Yast. After that the nm-applet takes too long to come up. When I try to speed it up via the terminal, by typing 'nm-applet', i get the output: An instance of nm-applet is alredy running. constructor(): Couldn't initialize the D-Bus manager. Great help is needed. Thanks, RSP2 -- rsp2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rsp2;2419582 Wrote: > Hi, > > Running ...

How secure are Fiber Internet networks vs Cable Internet?
My city is rolling out their "Fiber-to-the-Home" service this month. The fiber network is run by the city owned Utilities company. The features are great compared to my current cable internet with Cox. For the same price I am paying for Cox, I can get 50Mbps vs 20Mbps that Cox offers. The fiber comes directly to your house and is connected to a box outside. You then need to run a Ethernet cable from the box to your router. Another feature of the service is 100Mbps Peer to Peer community intranet. This means that I can send and receive things to/from a friend a...

Network printing
We have an HP2100TN connected directly to the network that is printed to by all seven workstations, some Win98 and som Win2K. We use a DOS based application for our day to day operations. All but one of the work staions will print from the application. The one that does not is running Win98 with the most current driver, the same as the other Win98 machines and is configured the same way. It spools the job and will not print it untill you end the capture. It prints fine from Windows but not from our DOS app. Any advice? Best to ask in the printing forums. -- Edison Ortiz...

network printing
I have recently loaded the most recent release of the Web Deployment kit. This has not resolve one issue that I have had with all releases of the software using NT4.0 and Win98 clients. When printing from an application from the user workstation, the user can not find any printers in the dialog box to choose from. All clients are configured the same using the HPjetdirect5si driver set. All users have the printers set up to share except for the novel queue printer. The server is a PDC WindowsNT 4.0 server running SP6a. The I386 directory is directly off the root of C: and the ...

Network printing
I'm certain there must be a device to convert the USB port on a printer to a network or wireless connection. This might extend the useful life of my current non-networked printer. Is there any point? Is such technology useful? Are there router class devices that have USB connections for shared network printers? Jim Wandering aimlessly around grc.techtalk, I heard Jim B. mention: > I'm certain there must be a device to convert the USB port on a printer > to a network or wireless connection. > > This might extend the useful life of my current non-netw...

Internet Printing
Has anyone else found an incompatibility between Iprint and printing off the internet? How did you resolve it? When our students and staff try to print off a website, they generally get blank pages -- any suggestions? Jim, > Has anyone else found an incompatibility between Iprint and printing off > the internet? How did you resolve it? When our students and staff try to > print off a website, they generally get blank pages -- any suggestions? > Using what browser? Is the page completely empty?? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Ped...

print print
i have data displayed in my datagrid now i want to print data how to do that. i have paging enabled in my grid.i want to pring data in normal a4 page so how much rows i have to display like how to make adjustments  Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. have a print button that changes the number of pages or sets enablePaging = false?  The you might as well use RegisterClientScriptBlock in that method to call window.print method :)David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- And in conjuction to disabling paging you can apply a print...

Network Printing
Hi I have just installed a print server so that I can print directly from my laptop, the server is connected to my wireless router, can I access this from my pc which is also connected to this router via a network cable? TIA for any help given.:confused: -- solmisation ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 20:46 +0000, solmisation wrote: > Hi > I have just installed a print server so that I can print directly from > my laptop, the server is connected to my wireless router, can I access > this from m...

Network Printing
If I have a Windows network printer name, how can I print to it from openSUSE 11 wirelessly? I've never tried this before, so I'm really unsure on where to begin. -- HP Pavillion ze4930us, 40GB HD, Celeron M 1.3 Ghz, 512MB Ram, bcm4306 WLAN, Intel 64MB Integrated Graphics, openSUSE 10.3. Compaq Presario v4005cl, 75GB HD, Celeron M 1.3 Ghz, 512MB Ram, bcm4306 WLAN, Intel 64MB Integrated Graphics, Ubuntu 8.04. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 2008-10-02, barryhenry76 <barryhenry76@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote: &...

Network Printing
Hi, Hope someone can help. I am running openSUSE 11.2 with an HP printer running locally no problem. I want to use this printer from all my pc's and I have got it working from another linux pc (also 11.2) but having trouble getting it to work from a windows xp pc. I'm effectively using IPP printing, I can ping my 'server' pc, and I can see my printer from CUPS and can print a test page from CUPS, but I cannot print otherwise. Have I done it right in that I add a printer from the add printer wizard, select network printer, select URL in my case http://192.168.1.2:63...

Session-to-session
I must be missing something. I can not get the tabs to come back as they were when a session is ended. On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time" On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected. When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single blank tab. -- The Frosted Flake +------------------------ SPAM is for eating ------------------------+ Frosted_Flake wrote: > I must be missing something. I can not get the tabs to come...

Web resources about - Printing over a KRDC RPD session - opensuse.org.network-internet

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

La Presse Stops Printing Weekday Editions After 131 Years 3
This was part of the company's plan to go paperless.

Napa Valley Register Bids Farewell to Massive Printing Press
There is a wonderful analogy articulated in Napa Valley Register city editor Kevin Courtney ’s account of the end of the in-house printing era ...

Epson EcoTank ET-4550 Review: The Future Of Printing Has Arrived
... cartridge. That all-too-familiar scenario is about to change. Epson’s new all-in-one Workforce EcoTank printer line is changing the printing ...

EPFL's printing technique hides one image behind the other
Remember those holographic cards that give off different colors when you tilt them a certain way? Well, in the video below the fold, the &Eacute;cole ...

3-D Printing Brings Czech Cubism To Life In Gorgeous Geometric Dinnerware Set
Svetlana Koženová's collection for Czech home goods retailer Lauriger ushers Czech Cubism into the 21st century. In the years between 1910 and ...

8 Hot 3D Printing Trends to Watch in 2016
Even as the overhyped consumer 3D printing market continues to fall back down to earth, 2016 looks to be a breakout year for the industry assenior ...

How To Control Thermite Pyrotechnics with 3D Printing
... releasing a lot of energy all willy-nilly. Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) have figured out how to use 3D printing ...

Printing Objects Directly From Fallout 4
... and although we don’t have a ‘took an arrow to the knee’ meme like Bethesda’s last game, there are ample opportunities for cosplay and printing ...

After 70 Years, Germany Is Printing 'Mein Kampf.' Should It?
An annotated edition will be released in January. Is it in the public interest?