Network #2

Hey after suse updated my computer it worked alot better but for some
reason my only ethernet network card stopped working. uhm it says theres
no network card but yast still shows a configured network card that
isn't working.

Yast also shows a non configured network card that I can't edit or
delete. and ifconfig /all says theres no networks
but ifconfig alone shows lo and works fine.

ifup says theres no network card I didn't try route or ifdown yet.

again yast says theres a configured network card there just as it was.
but another one showed up unconfigured and it wont let me delete that
entry or edit that entry with yast either. plus theres something
different configured for dhcp that yast shows me. Its something Like NIC
configured for dhcp. any idea what that is? Also theres no option to
configure my wireless network card that used to exist there. and doesn't
now?

--
errigour

errigour
8/26/2009 6:06:01 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Alright I didn't know that updating your computer changed the vmlinuz
and initrd file names that you boot into. Soooo I updated my boot
directory and it booted the updated linux that works great. I'm not sure
how much damage booting into the old vmlinuz after an update did but
thats what I did and for some reason my network card didnt work using
the older vmlinuz. Evyerthing works great now no need to reply.

--
errigour
errigour's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=19699

0
errigour

Network Manager Applet not coming up
Hi, Running networking on cable with openSUSE 11.4 and gnome2. The network & internet was running fine till I installed NFS Server/client via Yast. After that the nm-applet takes too long to come up. When I try to speed it up via the terminal, by typing 'nm-applet', i get the output: An instance of nm-applet is alredy running. constructor(): Couldn't initialize the D-Bus manager. Great help is needed. Thanks, RSP2 -- rsp2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rsp2;2419582 Wrote: > Hi, > > Running ...

A network with 2 Internet connections?
Does anyone know the recommended way to setup a network that has 2 different high speed connections to the internet? I would like to setup a network of 10 PCs where half of the network accesses the internet through 1 ISP and the other half to access through a second ISP. I would also like to be able to "easily" switch all Users to 1 of the ISPs if the other was to fail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jake "Jake Taylor" <jake.taylor@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:b627ak$hdo$1@news.grc.com... > Does anyone...

network and more network issues
Hello Guys I am running openSuse 11.0 on my Compaq CQ60 laptop, I have been able to muich tweaks but there aree two major issues I have with its ntwk Management. First the eth0 ip is not plug n play by that I mean if i configure an IP I have to restart the Laptop even if I dont use the Network Manager which is said to have issues, this is even worse that even after pinking the IP I cant ping anything except the eth IP. Also my wireless doesn't work. -- I am the bee, my head is just the beehive * ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

General network error. Check your network documentation #2
Hi We have a written a error log in Global.asax. which capture below mentioned error in the prodcution server. Same applications is working fine in some locations and some loactions we are getting the error.Any body knows why this error is occurs.Any body knows why this error is occurs. Error Message:General network error. Check your network documentation.Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OpenAndLogin() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection..ctor(SqlConnection connection, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() a...

2 Network Cards #2
Hi, I am trying to use 2 network cards with Sybase V 12 under Windows NT. I have 2 separate network cards / IP addresses and am able to dos ping. Furthermore I can Sybping the backup server from a client PC on both ip addresses using port 5001. However when I configure ASE (under port 5000) using both IP addresses, one will fail. Any ideas. Cheers David The two network cards u have to specify in the sql.ini file. U copy the master and below entries as it is and copy in the same file and change the second entryn with the new network card address. Try Regard...

Slow Internet / Network in general 11.2
Hi, a week ago i switched from 11.1 to 11.2. Since then i can not really surf the web :/ its **** slow. First i thought it could refer to the router but no other system connected to the router is that slow. I read several threads facing these problems but disabling ipv6 and traditional network setup did not fix it. I even tried different kernels but always slow :( Windows 7 is installed on the second partition of the hard disk and is not facing any "slow-downs" in network stuff. I have no idea could cause this problem now :\ Short list what i tried so far: -disable ipv...

Network Neighborhood (my network places)
Hi, I've been looking through past postings on this question, and found only unanswered postings. My question is, how do I open the network viewer (I mean to receive all the networked computer names) in pb? I'm using pb 6.5, but we are in the process of upgrading to 8.03. From what I've seen, I'll probably have to use some kind of API such as calling from library mpr.dll, but there is little to no responses of this type of question in the past. Either that, or my searching skills have plummetted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian ---== Po...

Networking #2
I have had my laptop up and running on the works network for a long time and had no problems then one day all i can access is the internet. The server could not recognise my computer and my computer could not even get in to the workgroup. I took it home and tried it on my home network using a small 10 base hub. I tried both Windows ME and W2K on the same machine (dual boot) and neither of them will connect... it doesnt seem to be a hardware problem as i have tested the network card (3com 10 base T100 PCMCIA card) on another computer and it seems to work perfectly. What could i be doing ...

Internet/Network not working on Open Suse 11.2 KDE
Hi Just recently installed Opensuse 11.2 in a KDE environment. The problem I am facing is that when I connect it to my network either via wired or wirless neither getting internet or access to the network although the network manager shows the connection as active I am using a Dlink Di-524 Wireless Router at home The Wirless router for the computer is Broadcom BCM 4312 Was able to install the drivers for this from the packman repository Also when I connect my laptop directly to the internet connection via wired it is working fine. However if i connect it to my wireless router ei...

How many of your networks are gigabit networks?
Almost all our desktops have gig nic cards. Our cabling is cat5e. It seems the bottleneck maybe the 10/100 Procurve 4000m switches we have. I am investigating if there will be any distinguishable difference in speed when running applications or copying data over our LAN if I were to switch out our 10/1000 switches with gig switches. Have any of you made the jump? Any suggestions as to what I should be looking for in equipement? We are a small shop of 75 users. Currently most of our servers are running in ESXi on Poweredge 1950 severs. Our main file server is still runni...

Any networking here? #2

Have network but not Internet
Hi, i update my opensuse factory to RC2, but now when i connect to network by wireless or wire then i have network can acess the router etc... but when i try use the browser or other external web service don't work. Some one have the same problem or can help me? -- wmagician ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi wmagician, I'm new with Suse first install, here for help too. That said you have your Lan working but not WAN check that it has access to the net(through router), also check port 80 is not blocked port 80 is the HT...

network
I run TB on a mac. My mail comes from my ISP (Demon). I want also to run TB on a second computer (mac laptop). I want to network TB so that emails may be read on either computer and sent from either computer. I did this for years with Turnpike (another email client, but not available for the mac). Can I do this? -- Trevor On 07/01/2012 07:25 PM, trevor wrote: > I run TB on a mac. My mail comes from my ISP (Demon). > > I want also to run TB on a second computer (mac laptop). I want to > network TB so that emails may be read on either computer and sent from...

Network
Hi, I have been able install Bugzilla with no problems on windows server = 2008. It runs perfectly except that I cant see the program over the network. How do I get it running over the network properly. Thank you __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature= database 4837 (20100205) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com On 05/02/10 11:29, Jared wrote: > Hi, > > I have been able install Bugzilla with no problems on windows server 2008. > It runs perfectly except that I cant see the...

Web resources about - Network #2 - opensuse.org.network-internet

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cartoon Network Russia and Southeastern Europe is a Russian/Bulgarian channel, which started on October 1, 2009. It replaced the Pan-European ...

MDC Media Agency Network Acquires Digital Shop Unique Influence
MDC's media agency network has acquired Austin, Texas-based digital buying shop Unique Influence. "They are experts in paid social media, which ...

Defunct social network asks court to reverse Facebook’s $3M award in spam case
... Power Ventures ) SAN FRANCISCO—A panel of three federal appellate judges appeared generally skeptical on Wednesday as forgotten social networking ...

Golden Globe nominations reveal network TV is becoming irrelevant
Traditional network television is getting more and more irrelevant by the day. And it's not just that premium cable stations like HBO and Showtime ...

ADB Lends India $1 Billion For Renewable Energy Transmission Network
... will be provided to Power Grid Corporation of India, which is [&hellip ADB Lends India $1 Billion For Renewable Energy Transmission Network ...

Must see TV? A home shopping network for...guns
A new home shopping channel is set to hit cable next month, but don't expect to see sweaters, dresses or jewelry there.

IDG Contributor Network: Those devices hidden in your closet CAN hurt you
... for IT at my church, an urban congregation with around 500 members, just finishing its first year in a new facility. Most of their core network ...

Dish Network’s Charlie Ergen Hands Day To Day Oversight To Erik Carlson
The decision is part of Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen ’s sweeping change in the top ranks that the company says is designed to “align its business ...

Why We Are Revising Dish Network's Price Estimate To $77
We recently increased our price estimate for Dish Network to $77. We believe that Dish's spectrum holdings contribute close to 60% of the company's ...