Get IP address and MAC address

Hi there!
How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root
attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig').
Thank you in advance.

--
[Adri�n C�rdoba]

aecordoba
10/3/2009 3:26:01 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 0 followers. Follow

aecordoba wrote:
> Hi there!
> How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root
> attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig').
> Thank you in advance.

/sbin/ifconfig
--
Vahis
0
aecordoba wrote:
> Hi there!
> How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root
> attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig').
> Thank you in advance.

Use /sbin/ifconfig. It works for a normal user, it just is not in your
path.
0
Larry
10/3/2009 3:54:38 PM
aecordoba;2046942 Wrote:
> Hi there!
> How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root
> attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig').

And why can you use ifconfig?

Code:
--------------------
    /sbin/ifconfig
--------------------

--
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained
by stupidity.” (R.J. Hanlon)

0
Akoellh
10/3/2009 3:56:01 PM
*LOL*

What timing.

@aecordoba

Use a search engine and search for "Linux Environment Variables" or
"Linux PATH".

--
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained
by stupidity.” (R.J. Hanlon)
Akoellh's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=23845
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422879

0
Akoellh
10/3/2009 4:06:02 PM
Thank you, very much!

--
[Adri�n C�rdoba]
aecordoba's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1749
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422879

0
aecordoba
10/4/2009 12:16:01 AM
alternatively use

Code:
--------------------
    ip maddr
--------------------

--
Robertple4
Robertple4's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=27995
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422879

0
Robertple4
10/4/2009 1:46:01 AM
Robertple4;2047114 Wrote:
> alternatively use

Code:
--------------------
  >   > ip maddr
--------------------

Thank you, Robertple4!
I didn't know 'ip' command. It's very useful for me!

--
[Adri�n C�rdoba]
aecordoba's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1749
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422879

0
aecordoba

How to get MAC address & IP address?
Dear all how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? thanks! Michael On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:42:51 +0800, "Michael" <michaell@hknet.com> wrote: >Dear all > > how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? > thanks! > >Michael > For IP address see http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp On Wed, ...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Virtual IP Address (Mac Addressing)
We are planning a 26node cluster Groupwise implementation early next year. After meeting with our Network people, one of them posed the question if Server A (connected to Switch A) fails over to Server B which is connected to Switch B (Will the virtual mac IP address that fails over to Server B be recorded correctly). I was under the impression that the application layer managed it, but we need clarification for Netware. Thanks. Novell's fail-over works by only moving the IP address of a resource and not the MAC address. Therefore, the fail-over is completely transparent ...

Find an IP address having only the MAC address
Hi again, I've been searching google for a while about this issue, but I'm still too confused. My goal is to discover the IP address of the LAN interface of a Cisco 1721 router (it's located at the office where I work). I know the MAC address because it's written in a sticker at the bottom of the router. But I don't know the password to the router admin console :( The router's LAN interface is connected to a Sun workstation that has two NICs (one of them connected to the cisco and the other connected to a 24- port switch). The Sun machine works as a...

Ip addresses linked to MAC addresses?
Hi, I recently decided to install a router onto my internet connection, (partially because of my Shields Up results, and partially because my linux computer acting as a router was a bottleneck (ISA ethernet cards.. eww)) Anyway, I plugged it in, booted it up, and noticed that my IP address had changed. Now, nowhere in my internet access does it say anything about static IP address, but my IP address hadn't changed for quite some time. (Somewhere in the range of 1-2 years) I thought that this was too much of a coincidence, so I took a closer look at my LinkSys router, and saw a WAN ...

IP address vs MAC address
Ok somebody explain this to me. I understand how IP addresses are issued(well sort of...lol) Is it one IP address to one MAC address?(not accounting for non routable IP space) I understand there can only be one WAN facing IP address per machine/MAC/NIC/etc realizing multiple NICs possible on one computer. If that is the case then how can say a Comcast DHCP server keep from issuing an IP to a MAC address that another provider has already issued an IP for? In this case perhaps someone has made up a MAC address to use in their router for cloning purposes. Or does it really ...

how to find ip address from mac address?
It happened more than once. At a customer's office, there is a device with an unknown ip address. We know its mac address. The ip address might be different from the network. For example, the customer's network might be 10.1.0.0/16, whereas that device might have the ip address 192.168.200.123/24. For example, it might be a managed switch that has kept its default ip address. So, it works as a switch, but I cannot manage it. Apart from a sniffer, is there a (free?) software that can scan the network and find ip addresses of all hosts, and/or only of those whose mac address ...

IP Address allocation by mac address
Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it requests an address from the DHCP server? mike.dawson@scarborough.gov.uk schrieb: >Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it >requests an address from the DHCP server? Yes. Just create an ip-address-object with manual assignment type in the DNS/DHCP management console. Enter the mac-address, unload and reload the dhcpsrvr module and release and renew the address at the workstation. Important: Don�t touch the client identifier field, when creating the object. J...

ip address, mac address, agent name
Hi It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up? Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks, Kat On Mar 15, 5:16 pm, mepr...@speakeasy.net wrote: > Hi > It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address > and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up? Does anyone know > how to do that? Well, the MAC address would really be tough as NDPS/iPrint has no need for the MAC address and as such does not record that information anywhere. If the pritner i...

MAC address missing from Network address field
I'm running zfd4.0.1 update 3 on netWare 6 sp3 with a mixture of Xp and 98 workstations all running the latest management agent I don't get any user history from any of the 98 machines and when I look in the network address property page there is a blank line where the MAC address should be and a second line that shows the IP address. This is only happening on the 98 machines not the XP's I deleted a few of the workstations objects, unregistered them the registered again but no change. Any ideas??? Does your registered time get updated? I have a thread in the m...

How to get IP address using Email Address
Hi, I want to know that how can i get actual IP address of a person who is using the email address like gmail, yahoo, msn, etc. If user enter the email address of the any person, it should return the actual IP Address of that person computer which is he connect. Is this possible? Any reference will be apperciated. Guide me............  This is not possible because email address is not related with IP address, Domain names are Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you ! Threre's no correlation between IP...

To get a network IP address
I'm desperate. How can I get a PC's network IP address in PowerBuilder? Have to use Windows API? If possible, I'll be grateful if anyone could send me a sample source. THANKS IN ADVANCE. On Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:55:38 +0900, "����" <yschae@disc.co.kr> wrote: >How can I get a PC's network IP address in PowerBuilder? >Have to use Windows API? >If possible, I'll be grateful if anyone could send me a sample source. Take a look at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/powerbuilder\PBTIP14.HTM Bruce Armstrong [Team...

Asisgn IP address based on wildcard MAC addresses
We are using NetWare 6.5 DHCP in our environment. I would like to assign IP addresses to PCs based on the particular manufacturer ID in the MAC address, can this be done? I tried but the DNS/DHCP management console wouldn't accept the wildcard character in the MAC addresses field. Is there any way to workaround it? Will import accepts wildcard MAC? Thanks. AFAIK, th DHCP protocol does not support what you want, in any implementation, as it is not part of the DHCP standards. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Thanks Brad. No problem. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Hi,...

Windows software to convert MAC address to IP address?
Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the software that will take a MAC address and give you back the IP address if the equipment with the MAC address is on the local network. A friend suggested setting a static ARP listing for a MAC address on my computer with an unused IP address, but that didn't work. Help? - Phil "Philip H. Schlesinger" <pschlesi@REMOVE-uci_ME.edu> wrote in message news:dvut6p$2jsu$1@news.grc.com... > Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the > software > that...

Web resources about - Get IP address and MAC address - opensuse.org.network-internet

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

State of the Union 2016: Barack Obama declares US should cure cancer in final address to Congress
US President Barack Obama is expected to urge American leaders fix our politics and lift standards of living in his final State of the Union ...

Missed President Obama's final State of the Union address? You can watch it on Amazon Prime
The State of the Union address is arguably the most important speech given by any president and what will be included in the context of it is ...

Lies and More Lies: Another Look at Obama's State of the Union Address
Lies and More Lies I commented on Obama's state of the union address in Brilliant Bullshit! Let's check out an alternative viewpoint. In the ...

Obama shares regrets in final State of the Union address - Videos - CBS News
... years in office, President Obama said "the state of our union is strong." But there is strong reaction to his final State of the Union address. ...

'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT
'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT CNNMoney Shadow IT is rampant. For years, CIOs have known that ...

Why was Kim Davis at the State of the Union address?
The Liberty Counsel, which represents Ms. Davis, said she would attend the speech to oppose the Administration's 'trampling of religious liberty.' ...

Cuomo Talks $15 Minimum Wage During State Address
'Millions of low-wage workers have to choose between paying taxes and buying food'

What did Republican lawmakers hate about President Obama's State of the Union address?
For those keeping score at home, here are just some of the issues that President Obama raised during Tuesday’s State of the Union address that ...

President Obama Last State of the Union Address Recap Group Group
Trump is small potatoes. Obama had his sights set on bigger things last night.