Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection

Hello,

I get "Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the
server at 127.0.0.1:3580." when I try to open a Help File of one of the
applications I have.

My /etc/hosts file has its entries right:
127.0.0.1 hostname.hostdomain hostname

My firewall is also disabled.

nmap -sT -O localhost
gives me (I have included some):
2401/tcp open  cvspserver
2601/tcp open  zebra
5900/tcp open  vnc
8009/tcp open  ajp13
8085/tcp open  unknown
Device type: general purpose
Running: Linux 2.6.X
OS details: Linux 2.6.17 - 2.6.25

I understand that the port 3580 is not opened.

Command:
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 3580 -m state --state
ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
doesnot help either. :(

Please advise what can be done.

Thank you.

Regards,

H.

--
hitapadia

hitapadia
1/15/2010 6:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What if you try this:

130.57.4.15

--
Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.4) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM

0
caf4926
1/15/2010 7:46:02 PM
Hello caf4926

Yes, I am able to connect to the SuSe forum or any other websites.

hitapadia
hitapadia's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38853
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
hitapadia
1/15/2010 7:46:02 PM
What method for establishing a connection are you using?

You can add specific ports to the firewall - allowed services -

Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.4) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.2 | Celeron 550 | KDE 4.4 RC1  "release 212" | Intel
965 GM | Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
caf4926
1/15/2010 7:56:01 PM
Have you done this sort of thing before or are you shooting in the dark?

--
Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.4) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.2 | Celeron 550 | KDE 4.4 RC1  "release 212" | Intel
965 GM | Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
caf4926
1/15/2010 8:16:01 PM
That didnt work. I added HTTP.

--
hitapadia
hitapadia's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38853
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
hitapadia
1/15/2010 8:16:01 PM
I am sorry about the last post, I am not sure which service to allow.

My Firewall is completely disabled.

--
hitapadia
hitapadia's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=38853
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
hitapadia
1/15/2010 8:26:03 PM
Do you know what protocol you want to use to connect?
Eg: ssh, ftp ? Have you enabled the service?

I'm really not sure though what you are trying to do

--
Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.4) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.2 | Celeron 550 | KDE 4.4 RC1  "release 212" | Intel
965 GM | Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=430907

0
caf4926

'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' OR "Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:49824".
Hi, my project was working perfectly like a week ago, i.e the admin tool and testing on browser all worked fine before. Now, since when i connected a LAN cable to use the internet, the project stoped working. but the internet connection works fine. i tried removing the cable, restarting and testing again, but it made no difference. I have tried changing the firewall settings too, still no difference. I think when i connected the LAN cable to use the internet, it must have changed the settings of the MS web developer. also, when i run an ordinary *.aspx test file outside the project, (...

Failed to Connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at en-us.start2.mozilla.com.
hello - had firefox 2.0 working under XP. When upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 getting this error message: Failed to Connect -- Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at en-us.start2.mozilla.com. Delete all files in the mozilla firefox folder, download again firefox 3.0.5 from mozilla website and re-install: still get same error message Start firefox.exe from command line, getting same error message Please advise alexcampbello@gmail.com wrote: > hello - had firefox 2.0 working under XP. When upgraded to firefox > 3.0.5 getting this error message: Failed to Conn...

Can connect to local network, can't connect to the www
I was following the "Getting your wireless to work" sticky and I've my local network working as I can ping both the router as well as other computers in the network. I however can not ping any external ip address (tried with 74.125.45.100 which is googles and pingable from my other laptop). It's a broadcom card that was working fine up till recently (drivers obtained via fw-cutter), however it stopped working a few days ago and my attempts at getting it work to again seem to have done more harm than good now. IPv6 is disabled and the network is set to use ifup. ...

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at start.mozilla.org.
Have just installed Firefox v. 1.5.0.2 and was unable to establish connection as above. Turned back PC using System restore, still no good. IE 6 works fine so nothing wrong with my Broadband connection. Uninstalled Firefox and re-installed, still no connection. Running Win XP Home with all latest updates installed. Any help and advice appreciated. Thanks Geoff -- Genuine replies please remove Z from address Forgot to say also tried it with and without Firewall... still no good Geoff "geoffatmhg" <geoffatmhgz@btinternet.com> wrote i...

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at start.mozilla.org.
Have just installed v. 1.5.0.2 and was unable to establish connection as above. Turned back PC using System restore, still no good. IE 6 works fine so nothing wrong with my Broadband connection. Uninstalled Firefox and re-installed, still no connection. Running Win XP Home with all latest updates installed. Any help and advice appreciated. Thanks Geoff -- Genuine replies please remove Z from address Forgot to say tried it with and without Firewall... still no connection Geoff "geoffatmhg" <geoffatmhgz@btinternet.com> wrote in message ne...

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mozilla.org.
Name: annette Email: gingermegs_at_telopeapix.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mozilla.org. Comments: downloaded thunderbird but couldn't get any mail...unable to connect to mail.telopeapix.com etc...so i uninstalled it since then have not been able to gain access to the internet using firefox...have uninstalled that too & reinstalled it but still get the above message can get on to the internet using opera but my first preference is firefox. can you help Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE...

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mozilla.org. #2
Name: Eddie Taylor Email: eddie_at_customizedwebservices.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mozilla.org. Comments: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.mozilla.org. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make s...

Wireless is connected but can't connect to Internet
Hello. I have openSuse 10.3 installed in my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop; I managed to get the wireless card working (it's a Dell BCM94311MCG Wlan mini PCI, according to Linux) and it successfully connects to a wireless network. However, I can't connect to the Internet or even ping anything (such as 'Yahoo!' (http://www.yahoo.com)). Can anybody help me? Thank you -- robertocg72 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 'Network connected but no internet access - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/5zguog) ...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled #2
Name: Barb Email: emailgrataoldotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't sign into Ebay, Getting Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled Comments: Hi, I have Mozilla Firefox. (I can't remember what version). When I go to sign in to Ebay, I get a message that says Firefox can't connect securely to signin.ebay.com because the SSL protocol has been disabled. How can I correct this problem so I can again sign into my Ebay account and sell on Ebay? I am not a super-technical person, but if someone coul...

Just updated firefox and alls I get is "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at login.yahoo.com.
Name: Ted Beery Email: tsbeeryatprodigydotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Just updated firefox and alls I get is "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at login.yahoo.com. Comments: just upgraded from version 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 today 11/13/08 and it won't connect to anything. I'm running Vista 64 bit. Help, I like firefox and dont want to change Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hend...

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server...
HI, Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server..." no matter what the server is. I'm so disappointed b/c I prefer Firefox. What could possibly be the problem? FYI: I'm running Windows XP Home and accessing the internet via Linksys wireless via a cable modem. Any thoughts? Thanks, B On 11/29/2006 7:41 PM, Jarbacky wrote: > HI, > > Internet Explorer gets to the internet just fine but Firefox says > "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server.....

firefox .12 can't connect to internet
Name: chris Email: beartrack02atqdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox .12 can't connect to internet Comments: HELP HELP My wife installed the latest update for Firefox 2.0.0.12 and it is completely unable to connect to the internet ....checked the proxies and there are no proxies. What Gives ?? My browser still says 2.0.0.11 but I haven't restarted. I will restart, hoping that my browser connects to the internet. I hate IE Thx --Chris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Web resources about - Failed to Connect Firefox can't establish a connection - opensuse.org.network-internet

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

FBI mulls connection between Super Bowl, CA fiber optic cable cuttings
... authorities, who have been baffled by more than a dozen attacks on San Francisco Bay Area data lines, are probing whether there is any connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.