Connection Problems in firefox and internet browsers, but no problem with skype!!!

Hello;

I have installed openSUSE 12.1, I open firefox and skype, they work
normally. But after a certain period of time, no internet on the firefox
and all the other browsers (google chrome and opera) but still can use
skype normally. I had a suspect about the proxy settings, so I opened
firefox, Edit-> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network -> Settings, and I
switched it to no proxy. then I restarted my laptop, opened firefox, it
worked normally for a certain period of time, no internet in firefox,
but internet in skype !!!!!!!!!!! I need help please

--
jramadan

jramadan
1/7/2012 5:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.network-internet 6943 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 01/07/2012 06:56 PM, jramadan wrote:
>  I need help please

how do you hook to the net? that is, are you maybe using a wifi or in a
building, office, school dorm etc where the net connection owner is able
to restrict your http access after some time limit?

you had a proxy setup in firefox but then took it out...is that correct?
but, why did you need a proxy in the first place?

before and after firefox no longer works please collect the the
input/output of these commands in a terminal

[code]
date
/sbin/ifconfig -a
ping <your-router-IP-address>
/sbin/route -n
nslookup forums.opensuse.org
ip addr
ip route
ip -s link
grep '^[^#]' /etc/resolv.conf
[code]

copy/paste the in/output back to this thread using the instructions
here: http://goo.gl/i3wnr

and, hopefully a real networking guru (i am not) can fix you up..

--
DD http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat
openSUSE®, the "German Engineered Automobiles" of operating systems!

At the time when just skype works try pinging a google DNS server at
8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. If that works change your DNS settings to one of
those and You should be fine.

Best regards,
Greg

--
Box: Windows 7 / Windows XP | Intel Dual-Core E5200 | ATI Radeon HD4850
| 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.4 / Windows 7 | Intel U7300 | KDE 4.7.4 | Intel GMA
4500 | Asus UL80A | 3GB RAM
glistwan's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50306
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=470864

0