Slow slow very slow

Hi
I have updated my opensuse 11.2 to 11.3.

i use it on HP Laptop pavillion

when the PC boot, i wait at least 5 min before to get kdm screen login
i have look at the boot text console, and saw opensuse is block on line
sm_notify " "idmapd"

any idea ? i don't think is a nfs problem but ?
regards

--
Enthalpie

Enthalpie
9/29/2010 11:36:02 AM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What is the output of:

Code:
--------------------

  rpm -qa | grep courier-imap

--------------------

and

Code:
--------------------

  rpm -qa | grep cyrus-imapd

--------------------

in the terminal?

--
Desktop: Custom Built | 8 GB RAM | C2D 2.66 GHz | 320GB HDD | NV GTX 260
| OpenSUSE 11.3 x64 | KDE 4.5.1
Laptop: Dell Studio 15 | 4 GB RAM | C2D 2.2 GHz | 500GB HDD | ATI 4570
HD | OpenSUSE 11.3 x64 | KDE 4.5.1
ah7013's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=47914
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447264

0
ah7013
9/29/2010 11:36:02 AM
hi
thank for fast answer

for rpm -qa | grep cyrus-imapd
nothing

for rpm -qa | grep courier-imap
nothing

--
Enthalpie
Enthalpie's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=6661
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447264

0
Enthalpie
9/29/2010 11:36:02 AM
for your information nfsidmap is version 0.23-5.2

--
Enthalpie
Enthalpie's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=6661
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447264

0
Enthalpie
9/29/2010 12:06:02 PM
Hi

don't mind i should write the all sentence
yes nfs client is enable and running well
i nead it, i was using it with 11.2

regards

--
Enthalpie
Enthalpie's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=6661
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447264

0
Enthalpie
9/29/2010 12:06:02 PM
Sorry I wasn't aware that sm_notify " "idmapd" was nfs. I thought it was
"IMAP mail" lol

Is nfs enabled? You can check with:

Code:
--------------------

  chkconfig nfs

--------------------

I too have the same version of nfsidmap:

Code:
--------------------

  andrew-desktop:~ # rpm -qa | grep nfsidmap
  nfsidmap-0.23-5.2.x86_64

--------------------

But I don't experience 5 minute freeze  - i dont have the nfs service
enabled

--
Desktop: Custom Built | 8 GB RAM | C2D 2.66 GHz | 320GB HDD | NV GTX 260
| OpenSUSE 11.3 x64 | KDE 4.5.1
Laptop: Dell Studio 15 | 4 GB RAM | C2D 2.2 GHz | 500GB HDD | ATI 4570
HD | OpenSUSE 11.3 x64 | KDE 4.5.1
ah7013's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=47914
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447264

0
ah7013

Slow, Slow, Slow....
For some unknown reason, Thunderbird is running as slow as molasses=92...Is there anything that can be done to speed the emailer up?? Thank You.. On 05/07/2011 10:26 AM, Navy wrote: > For some unknown reason, Thunderbird is running as slow as > molasses�...Is there anything that can be done to speed the emailer > up?? > > Thank You.. > This could be related to your other problem so take it one thing at a time. Under Help menu, open troubleshooting information and paste it to another post here. Might show something (BTW, while there, Opening Containing Fo...

Slow, slow, slow
Name: Joe Goddard Email: sgoddar1atsandotrrdotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Slow, slow, slow Comments: I just installed Firefox 3 beta 1. The start up is still painfully slow compared to Safari. Is this software "bloat"? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110903 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

Slow, slow, slow
Name: Joe Goddard Email: sgoddar1atsandotrrdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Slow, slow, slow Comments: I just installed Firefox 3 beta 1. The start up is still painfully slow compared to Safari. Is this software "bloat"? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110903 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

Slow...slow...slow
What could be the cause to slow down the Netware server. Any command type on the console it takes quite sometime to execute. Sometime take couple of minutes. I had unload all the services & modules. I had run the RAID check consistency & vrepair, but no help. The server is installed with NW5.1 SP4 & running BM3.5 sp3 but i had unload the BM modules. William C. wrote: > What could be the cause to slow down the Netware server. > Any command type on the console it takes quite sometime to execute. Sometime > take couple of minutes. I had unload all the ...

Slow slow slow
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Slow slow slow Comments: Firefox has gotten so slow as of late it's incredible. I've had switch back over to safari for some tasks just so I can say... look something up on IMDb. I still love you firefox! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2b5) Gecko/20091204 Firefox/3.6b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it...

TOO SLOW SLOW SLOW
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: TOO SLOW SLOW SLOW Comments: I'm sending this because i have always been a Firefox user but recently I have been disappointed in how slow or delayed it has become. at the present time I have switched to usimg Google Chrome because of its quick response time,however I often check back to see if this problem has resolved. As present I don't see any improvement but I hope this issue is addressed and resolved so I can return to Firefox. Thanks and Good Luck!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) G...

SLOW SLOW SLOW
Name: Tom Horstman Email: th577atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: SLOW SLOW SLOW Comments: I have been a user for 2-3 years. It seams that each "new" version gets slower and slower to load the pages. The latest is the slowest. Just some feed back to think about. MS Explorer is now much faster than Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

slow slow slow
Name: Alex Fitzsimmons Email: monkeyboyfactoryatnetscapedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: slow slow slow Comments: Since the last batch of updates were released (2007) all my Mozilla software has started to experience painful opening procedures. What did you guys do? These programs now take forever to open. Sometimes it is more effective to shut it down and use the 2nd attempt to open the software. Mozilla is the ONLY program that has developed this problem. I am disappointed because it has driven my girlfriend (A Mac using Video/Visual artist) to go back to using IE. Now tha...

slow.....slow.....slow
Name: Jack Inyart Email: jackatmacinyartdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: slow.....slow.....slow Comments: I recently downloaded and installed FireFox 3. I am so very disapppointed in the product, in contrast to my previous experiences with FF2. Firefox 3 is so slow to load any page that I am seriously considering returning to either Internet Explorer or, if possible, removing FF3 and returning to FF2 if that would be possible. I have been running comparisons on "time to load" between FF3 and IE 7 and the IE 7 loads pages in about 1/10 to 1/5 the time that ...

Slow slow slow
Name: Mathieu Product: eBay Companion Summary: Slow slow slow Comments: It makes my browser extremely slow!!!!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 Hi Mathieu, Do you have many items on my eBay? If not, what other extensions do you have? Thanks! On May 9, 8:32 am, Mathieu <hendrix-no-replyatmozilladotorg> wrote: > Name: Mathieu > Product: eBay Companion > Summary: Slow slow slow > > Comments: > It makes my browser extremely slow!!!!! > > Browser Details: Mozilla/5...

slow, slow, slow!!!
Name: Phil Mishler Email: pmish20atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: slow, slow, slow!!! Comments: Just installed Firefox 3.6 beta 5. Three times I closed it out and reloaded. Each time it took 2 min. 15 sec. to load. Chrome takes 2 seconds. Guess which I will use. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2b5) Gecko/20091204 Firefox/3.6b5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (...

slow slow slow #5
Name: Matt Product: Firefox Summary: slow slow slow Comments: I'm running version 3.5.8 and its horrifically slow at the moment. I'm on a macbook running snow leopard, and firefox regularly pulls 100% of my processor power for no apparent reason. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Slow, slow, slow #5
Name: Lucio Email: luciobrfatyahoodotcomdotbr Product: Firefox Summary: Slow, slow, slow Comments: I had Firefox as my default browser. Now I have changed it to Internet Explorer 8, because I'm tired of sluggishness. And now I uninstalled it completely, after trying everything thas was suggested in many forums, sites and discussions. Firefox IS slower than IE8. I would like to know when, if ever, Mozilla is going to fix that big bug. I am (was) using version 3.6.10, so it is not a problem of old version. I used Firefox on Windows XP and also Windows 7, with same re...

slow slow slow #6
Name: Bob Email: rrsorslsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: slow slow slow Comments: Slow, slower, slowest.. OMG too painful Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 What the heck, I am about to delete from my system Was best, browser, now to painful Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100611 (CK-lockheed) Firefox/3.6.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

Web resources about - Slow slow very slow - opensuse.org.help.install

Slow Food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slow Food is an international movement founded by Carlo Petrini in 1986. Promoted as an alternative to fast food , it strives to preserve traditional ...

Facebook User Growth Rate Slows In April, But Does It Matter?
According to the latest figures from comScore , Facebook’s user growth figures for April were down dramatically, with the social network up just ...

Facebook account VERY SLOW on all browsers - Facebook-Hilfeforum - Facebook
Access to FB account is EXTREMELY slow. So slow that most of th time cannot do anything; the "wait" mouse icon never goes away and FB does not ...

[...] Security Issues Could Force Facebook to Slow Down Product Development, Inside Facebook [...]
A rash of security bugs seem to have hit Facebook within the last several weeks, while a lot of debate continues over changes the company has ...

Slow News Day (@SlowSlownews)

Apple Pay usage growth may be slow, but that’s okay
... I doubt that Apple is concerned about the lagging expansion of Apple Pay usage, and neither should you be. Apple Pay usage growth may be slow, ...

VR game devs ready for a slow launch after $599 Oculus Rift reveal
Developers are ready to wait until this scene is really common enough for big game sales. When Oculus started taking preorders for its Rift ...

China Coal Imports Crash as Economy Slows Amid Clean Power Shift
China’s coal imports fell the most on record to the lowest in four years as a slowing economy and government efforts to curb pollution damped ...

Chinese companies looking abroad as economy there slows
Increasingly using mergers and acquisitions in U.S. and other countries to escape downdraft at home

Slow Mo Squirrel Cam
Submitted by: (via Shannon Apple ) Tagged: slow motion , slow mo , squirrel , cute , animals Share on Facebook