problem? what problem?

I just wanted to say is:

Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and
possibly other previous opensuse.

lol!lol!lol!

I like to move it, move it.
I like to move it, move it.
I like to move it, move it.
I like to...MOVE IT!

rotfl!

--
batou

batou
12/4/2009 12:26:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Crack is bad for you, you should lay down the habit.

--
*it*'s all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed, all in
the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need

0
Chrysantine
12/4/2009 1:26:02 PM
batou wrote:
> I just wanted to say is:
>
> Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and
> possibly other previous opensuse.

yes, all people with ATI graphics are affected by some problems..

i see where you jumped into another persons help thread and said you
had the same problem....and, one of the very best helpers here
(oldcpu) tried to help you and you never answered his question:

http://forums.opensuse.org/install-boot-login/426780-cant-not-get-11-2-installed-my-laptop.html#post2074537

why don't you try starting your own thread with a descriptive subject
line like "ATI acer aspire black screen on boot after 11.2 install"

and give all your hardware data and exactly what you are seeing in the
first post in that thread....then, monitor that thread and answer all
questions..

--
palladium
0

In another post in wich I participate, and which I sincerely thank
oldcpu's help, I've tried _everything_ and repeat _everything_ oldcp
advised me to do, but the reality is I have not managed to install
opensuse 11.2 in my laptop, as I did with opensuse 11.1.

And I think there isn�t any problem with the ati driver since I can run
opensuse 11.2 in live mode
*_with_ATI_drivers_but_I_can_not_install_on_my_laptop_*

Anyway I hope to install opensuse in the future if novell fix it.

;)

--
batou
batou's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=37785
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=427809

0
batou
12/4/2009 7:16:02 PM
> Anyway I hope to install opensuse in the future if novell fix it.

have you filed your bug report, so they can fix it??

--
palladium
0

--
https://features.opensuse.org/308357
TaraIkeda's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=22965
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=427809

0
TaraIkeda
12/5/2009 12:16:02 AM
Exactly.  New release, new bugs but with time issues get fixed.  10.3 &
11.1 were horrible when first out.

I have ATI graphics and 11.2 is much, much better :)

Good thing is, with live update, it should be possible to skip
problematic kernel versions and installers that don't work on particular
hardware!

--
robopensuse
robopensuse's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17292
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=427809

0
robopensuse

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

problems,problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: problems,problems Comments: I once loved Firefox, lately it just plain sucks, the latest version 3.6 something will no longer me to listen to MLB.com or Glenn Beck. It is also way slower (even with W7 and new machine). It always seems to be downloading updates and wasting my time. Guess I'll see how Google Chrome works! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

Problem with my problem?
Hi, folks. Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension. Nobody replied, so I can only assume that one of three situations exists: 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news; 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution; 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my problem (LOL). I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the calendar extension to Sunbird one by one. Before I devote many hours of my life to th...

Problems Problems
Hi all,Well i am trying to use visio files in my application... I have added the libraries which are required for .NET to embed visio files...Bt it seems not to be working whenever i click files frm my .NET application bt it opens in Visio editor...Thanks in advance Regards,Srinivas RamanujanWords offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth !!!!!  Post Your Code for better understanding Your Problem.- Hardik (Software Developer,Surat,India)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. Well actually i...

Problem after problem...
I'm done doing this. I can't setup .TEXT and the developer has next to nothing on his help page. For the past month I've been trying to set this up on my server and I'm done with it. My server is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, IIS 6.0, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2000. I've never been able to run a remote query to SQL Server 2000. I've never been used to SQL 2000 and I've never liked it. I would like to use SQL 2005 if my server were capable, but that's not happening. Every query to the box is expecting SQL Server 2005 and just errors out. I don't know ho...

problems, problems
Name: gabriel sanchez Email: deliverezeatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems, problems Comments: how can i set up google search box next to my address bar and keep it that way? When installing an app from a site it just disrupted my set up and mozilla does not offer direct support anywhere Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide...

Thunderbird problem
Name: Bruce Bronson Email: brbronsonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Thunderbird problem - Help problem Comments: 1. Thunderbird displays one of my mail groups using added information such as "two weeks aga". This causes more steps in reading mail. How this got turned on for the one group is beyond my comprehension. How do I turn it off? 2. In trying to get information on this, This is the only means that I could find. I am sure you are going to say "Oh, all you have to do is ...." Which is fine if you are an expert. I happen to be a soft...

Install problem and loading problem
Name: Bill Hobler Email: bhobleratcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Install problem and loading problem Comments: After installation of Firefox 3.0 I find two firefox icons on the "Open With" window. Clicking on one of these displays the dialog "Want Firefox as default browser?" The other opens in Firefox 3.0 and no dialog. When loading a webpage Firefox 3.0 randomly results in a Windows XP message to seek broadband access. I am connected in broadband. This did not happen in previous Firefox versions. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Wi...

GW7 And Russian
GW7 Rus on the Xp Proof SP2. GW Classic Quoting work from time to time !! : ( Only if i receive mail from other Gw7 client with ONLY ENGLISH TEXT - QUOTING (classic GW) work Ok when answer. If in the Body or Subj - Russian... Will be work or no Quoting - ..... may be yes ... may be no : (( ANy body have some problem ?? How resover ?? Serg -- please post an example of the problem. > please post an example of the problem. How post text WITH RUSSIAN in this forum ? Or post screen as BMP file ? Serg Maybe you can post the message source for a mail that ...

Problems after install & ongoing problems
Name: T Jebb Email: maxheadroom01atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems after install & ongoing problems Comments: 1.Problems after install: It deleted or otherwise got rid of a numbers of bookmarks I had. I've searched through bookmarks but I am unable to find the missing ones. It also rearranged how they were set up. 2.ongoing problems: I have copied a lot of the old bookmarks from another browser and when I go to eliminate the duplicates the program freezes up. Version 2 never gave me these problems. I like Firefox but I'm not happy with this versio...

Web resources about - problem? what problem? - opensuse.org.help.install

Surprise! Lawyers Are Problem Drinkers
Assuming there are 10 attorneys on your team, statistically, two to three of the attorneys are suffering from drinking problems, depression, ...

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

This 1-minute visualization on space junk reveals a serious problem
... will completely obliterate a satellite and turn it into hundreds of smaller pieces. As you can imagine, this only exacerbates the problem because, ...

Ben Carson has a problem with Bill Clinton's history with women
GOP hopeful blames former President Clinton for coarsening American children

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...

Top 11 Problems Plaguing Solar And Wind Power
Wind and solar power will have to resolve these 11 fundamental issues before they can "fix" global warming.

Thanks, Obama. Fewer people have problems paying medical bills.
... In the first half of 2011 through the first half of 2014, approximately one in five persons under age 65 was in a family that had problems ...

Spotify pledges to fix the music industry's royalty problems
Paying artists for streams isn't just Spotify's problem the whole industry is stuck with a royalty model that's better suited for physical sales ...

The Displacement Problem
A problem with gentrification-led involuntary displacement is that makes it being poor even more unaffordable by pricing people out of areas ...