Installing openSUSE with win 7

Hi everybody i don't know wheather  i am posting in right place or
not?please forgive me

after downloading th 4.3 Gb .iso  openSUSE 11.4 i found that i cant
install it beside my window lol! ,i have trouble with greating a
suitable partition for openSUSE .

my problem is that i have three primary partitions and also three
partitions ,and softwares don't allow me to create a ext4 and a swap
partition for this guy ,i wanna know can any body give me a
solution????????????:)

--
hadi0x7c7

hadi0x7c7
4/27/2011 6:06:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alright, you have three primary partitions and one extended partition
with three logical partitions? I didn't know there was a limit on
logical partitions.
What type of errors are you getting when you try to create your
partition?
If it's a space error, in Windows Right Click My Computer, Manage, Disk
Management, Right-click on a parititon and shrink.

--
Vaio F11: i7-720QM    8GB RAM    Nvidia GT 330m
Win 7 Pro 64 bit | openSuse 11.4 64 bit | Arch Linux 64 bit

0
bsilvereagle
4/27/2011 6:36:03 PM
i know almost nothing about win7, so someone else has to give you a
direct answer, i can only point you here:

'Install openSUSE alongside Win7/Vista - A Guide'
(http://tinyurl.com/4m2b6fs)

which will give you _some_ help, until the Cavalry arrives..

--
DenverD
CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458817

0
DenverD
4/27/2011 6:36:04 PM
i don't have any extended partitions,
by using partition manager softwares i gained about 100 gb unallocated
spaces,and when i tried to create extended and swap partitions from that
100 Gb ,nothing was enable,i mean when i right click on that unallocated
spaces, this is my real problem,and an other thing,
is it possible to create required partitions from openSUSE
setup?????without any loss of data?

--
hadi0x7c7
hadi0x7c7's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58067
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458817

0
hadi0x7c7
4/27/2011 7:36:03 PM
Like DenverD, I don't know a lot about Windows7 - and I cannot ride by
the way. You don't create Extended *AND* swap. You might create swap
*WITHIN* extended, meaning extended is just a container for all the
logical partitions you might create, whenever you need more than 4. Yes
you can do that from openSUSE setup. The best approach is to resize your
Windows partition in Windows, because who else knows its own filesystem
better than Windows? Once this is done, you can either leave the space
unallocated, use a live system like PartedMagic to create the partitions
in advance, create them manually in openSUSE setup or even let the setup
create them for you (although I personally don't like this option). With
most partitioning tools (including openSUSE partitioner) you don't
create the extended partition. It gets created automatically when you
add the first logical.

--
please_try_again
please_try_again's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=10877
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458817

0
please
4/27/2011 8:06:03 PM
hadi0x7c7;2331009 Wrote:
> Thanks GOD i finally installed openSUSE 11.4 beside Windows 7lol!

Assuming he was involved in this process >:)

--
please_try_again
please_try_again's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=10877
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=458817

0
please
4/27/2011 9:06:04 PM

please_try_again;2331015 Wrote:
> Assuming he was involved in this process >:)
I don't wanna make it philosophical but GOD is behind everything even
Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

hadi0x7c7;2331019 Wrote:
> I don't wanna make it philosophical but GOD is behind everything even
> Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm ... I guess I'll have to add some debugging routines to my setups.

Code:
--------------------
    if [ "$GOD" ] ; then
  do something
  else
  do nothing
  fi
--------------------

or better (you never know)

Code:
    if [ "x$GOD" == "x" ] ; then
  do nothing
  else
  do something
  fi

Never mind. I'm just kidding. Enjoy dual booting Windows and Linux!
(you'll find out which one is the most evil). And if you have other
questions, may GOD help us provide adequate answers ... O:)