Installation fails while installing package

Hi,

I'm installing openSUSE 11.2 on a notebook from DVD + locally mirrored
update and kde4 buildservice repositories. This usually worked fine, but
this time, the installation always fails at about 89% while installing
some package, whose name I can't find out. Its script fails with error
127, the error message blocks access to the log.

Is there a way to continue the installation process afterwards, instead
of always trying to reinstall and hoping to find out the name of the
failing package?
Other ideas also appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Armin

--
jolorant

jolorant
7/1/2010 4:26:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pushy;2183497 Wrote:
> did you checked before the status of your DVD?

Yes, the DVD is not corrupted. That's not it, but please keep trying
:-)

--
jolorant
jolorant's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=47227

0
jolorant
7/1/2010 4:26:02 PM
I know what package fails, it's fetchmsttfonts (of all things!)
I deactivated it during my second attempt already but the installation
process tried to install it anyway.
I'll now stick to installing the system and forget about the updates
for now. Thanks, this thread  can be closed.

--
jolorant
jolorant's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=47227
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=441268

0
jolorant
7/1/2010 4:26:02 PM
i' m sorry for my maybe inadequate solution but did you checked before
the status of your DVD?you know there is a method for this after loading
kernel.and also checking  md5 could be a good idea,but the most impt is
a pure and simple checking of your written DVD

--
Pushy
Pushy's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=11135
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=441268

0
Pushy

To install or not to install?

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

oSUSE 11, network install: Installation of Some Package fail
Hello I'm trying to install openSUSE 11 from the network. Booting from mini iso, choosing default partitioning, default packaging. But installation fails at different stages of packages install. Tried 4 times - the same error at the different stages. Using VMware Virtual Machine, 20GB HDD, 1GB RAM Host: Intel Core Duo 3 Ghz, 4GB RAM Please, have a look ath the screenshot made: '[image: http://photofile.ru/photo/tos4/2581593/large/79494704.jpg]' (http://photofile.ru/photo/tos4/2581593/79494704.jpg) -- tosiara --------------------------------------------...

Does not install
Name: Muralikrishnan B Email: muralikrishnanatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Does not install - Not a valid install package Comments: Here's the error I get after Firefox tried to install the XPO file : Firefox could not install the file at http://people.mozilla.com/ebay-beta/ebay-0.9.6.3.xpi because : Not a valid install package -207 this happened multiple times for me Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

11.1 Net Install fails during package install
I'm trying to perform a net install of 11.1 and ran in to a problem with package install. Any ideas? I've run the install twice, the first time failing on on a glibc package. I repeated the install and it made it 82% through the package install. The error gives the package name (yast2-network this time) saying it failed. The expanded detail shows a Subprocess failed Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/... : cpio: MD5 sum mismatch Network error? repo error? or hardware problem? Thanks in advance! -- CobraPA -----------...

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

zcm install failing with edir installed
Hi, I'm attempting to install ZCM on a server which has edirectory already installed (weird, i know. But it must be done). The file /opt/novell/zenworks/ZENworks_10_Configuration_Management_with_SP1_InstallLog.log shows that there are two fatal errors. The problem is that it can't find the file /opt/novell/zenworks/share/java/bin/java. It obviously can't find this file because it does not exist (java directory doesn't exist under share). Does this mean that somehow one of the java packages is not being installed during installation? Status: ERROR Additional Not...

Web resources about - Installation fails while installing package - opensuse.org.help.install

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?