Importing installation sources from a previous setup

I would like to import installation sources from my previous openSUSE
setup (by the software management tool "zypper addrepo"). Unfortunately,
I did not export my fine-tuning of 'the additional package repositories'
(http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories) for openSUSE
12.1 before I was affected by 'another distribution upgrade hiccup'
(http://tinyurl.com/7blen8s).

Is it possible to extract anything from the other data structures so
that I can reuse details in my current configuration?

--
elfring

elfring
11/27/2011 7:16:06 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

error when we install setup conflict with a previous installation
I've just tried to install .net framework 2.0 but couldn't. I get an error message saying that there is a conflict with a previous installation. Is .net framework required "only" to extract/start the program? Is there any way around  it? Please let me know .Net Framework is an essential part of the .Net. You need it to be able to run managed code. So you must look for solving the conflict and install it on your machine.Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will ...

Basic Install/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py insta
Basic Install ============= For starters, if you just want to run virt-manager/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py install To build an RPM, you can run: python setup.py rpm setup.py generally has all the build and install commands, for more info see: python setup.py --help-commands python setup.py install --help http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html -- Vink ...

To install or not to install?

How do you install the install the kernel source?
In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Thank you. * zavi@hotmail.com wrote, On 01/19/2007 06:21 PM: > In OES linux, how do you install the kernel source and what's the recommend > source cd - that is, oes sp2 or the original disks. Just go into Yast, Software Management and install the kernel sources. It will ask you for the right CD. Then do an update through rug or Red Carpet to have the sources updated, i.e. match the version of your running kernel. Uwe -- Novell Support...

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The server object and "servername-PS" objects have been created, but the = server seems to have stuck! Any ideas? I had to type IP address of server with replica, which seemed to work = (installing over VPN link, but I've done this before with no trouble and = there is no problem I'm aware of with the link - everything else works) Cheers, Peter. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQY...

Update installation source for autoyast installation
Hi, I'm trying to set up an autoyast installation. How can I add all available updates to the installation source. I tested with create_update_source.sh, but now I have wrong dependencies with older rpms like glibc. I marked "do not install glibc-2.4-31.30", so I get more and more dependency problems. How can I fix this? Thanks! Nicole #### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2008-04-29 07:37:42 #### Installation von glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1] nicht m.glich glibc-2.4-31.30.i686[SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1] kann n...

Convert Source Install into Binary Install
What is the best way to take an existing DNN site that was installed via source install, and remove all the unneeded files to create a binaries only version? *Note this is a production site, that is already in use, and has many custom modules. Thanks in advance. Regards,Scott SchecterEntitySpacesSchecter Technology Solutions Scott, I would recommend using Beyond Compare and remove all unnecessary files (when you compare your production site with the Install version that you can download from the dnn website) manually.However, be extra carefull around the /Portals, /Install and /D...

FTP installation source broken after install
Greetings, I know this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong but....I have some older servers without DVD drives, so I set up a SLES10SP3 32-bit installation folder on our ftp server, under the root in the pub/sles10sp3 folder. I coped all the files from the DVD there. So the install goes fine, I boot from the 32-bit CD, choose FTP during install and configure the server and folder, anonymous access. It finds all the files and installs. Then, once the install is done, anytime I access anything with software I'm told it can't access the installation media, when I...

Force install add on not previously installed
I have been using Firefox for some time and in later versions when compatibility became a problem with some add ons I use, I force installed them with Nightly Tester Tools. I am setting up a new machine for a friend with FF 3.6 and the add on menu is grayed out with a compatibility message for one of the add-ons I am running on my v3.6. Is there a way to grab this without finding an earlier version of FF and "upgrading" to the current version and force installing the add-ons as I go? Thanks for your time. Darrell Shuman wrote: > I have been using Firefox for...

Help
I am currently attempting to set up IDM Bundle Edition to sync usernames and passwords between Edir and an new AD Domain(not created yet). Can some point me to a walk through / documentation for setting up Bundle Edition? If anyone in northeast Ohio has experience with this and would like to consult please email me at mmadden at twinsburg.k12.oh.us Thanks Marc Madden -- twinsburgcsd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:06:03 +0000, twinsburgcsd wrote: > I am currently attempting to set up IDM Bundle Editi...

How to install Source after a module Install is already loaded
I had a problem loading the "ForumBlog_03[1].10.01_Source.zip" file where it indicated some files were missing (File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.dll).  I looked for other zip files in that zip file to make sure I was using the correct one, but I didn't see anything.  So I then loaded the "install" zip file instead of the "source" one.  That worked great.Now the problem exists that I need to modify the source code for the Blog and I'm not sure how/if it's possible to add the source code some other way besides the Module uplo...

Web resources about - Importing installation sources from a previous setup - opensuse.org.help.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...