How can I install 3,party packages with Network Install?

Hello

I have about 10 machines to upgrade from os10.3 to 11.2
Upgrading does not work so I have to reinstall everything :-(
Now my question:
I know how to setup a server to install from BUT how can I install
automaticly the additional packages and how can I copy some config files
like kde config for users etc. AUTOMATICLY?
I have saved all the downloaded rpms from the installation.
How can I put they that installation will take it and install?
The same as noted for some files to install.
Is there any documentation?

Thanks a lot

Beat

--
tkmbe

tkmbe
1/8/2010 12:46:01 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

tkmbe;2100426 Wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have about 10 machines to upgrade from os10.3 to 11.2
> Upgrading does not work so I have to reinstall everything :-(
> Now my question:
> I know how to setup a server to install from BUT how can I install
> automaticly the additional packages and how can I copy some config files
> like kde config for users etc. AUTOMATICLY?
> I have saved all the downloaded rpms from the installation.
> How can I put they that installation will take it and install?
> The same as noted for some files to install.
> Is there any documentation?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Beat

There is an option to include additional repositories during the boot
proccess look for it.

as for the kde issue here is a switch from
kde 3.5 to kde 4.3 and the configuration files aren't compatible

--
dale14846
dale14846's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2160

0