Help!please help!how to uninstall linux open suse?

i have installed open suse not sure which version on a brand new
system.
i want to uninstall and install vista home premium 64.
i have nothing i want to save on system and want a fresh start on
vista.
i have tried booting vista and going through install but it eventually
comes up with an error that the partitions are not ain the correct
format.
i think i need to wipe the system clean then install?

--
garyizzle

garyizzle
3/1/2009 5:46:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to format your disk to ntfs

I find that the only way vista seems to accept is if I use an XP
install cd and format with that. Then exit the install. Boot from Vista
dvd
You could try Parted Magic
if you don't have a xp cd.

--
Box: Linux 2.6.27.15-170.2.24 i686 PAE | Fedora 10 | KDE4.2.0 | M2N4-SLI
| AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.1 | Celeron 550 | (KDE4.2.0)"102" | Intel 965 GM |
Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
caf4926
3/1/2009 5:56:02 AM
@caf4926
Can't you just use the vista install disk to:
first delete all existing partitions.
second and then create new ones and format them.
All in the one installation?

--
'Drop in and visit some time'
(http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html).
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
swerdna
3/1/2009 7:16:01 AM
John, I tried that and it just really didn't work. Seems to be a pile of
you know what:X
So I used my XP disk.

The format from the Vista disk, still gave me invalid result:\

--
Box: Linux 2.6.27.15-170.2.24 i686 PAE | Fedora 10 | KDE4.2.0 | M2N4-SLI
| AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.1 | Celeron 550 | (KDE4.2.0)"102" | Intel 965 GM |
Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
caf4926
3/1/2009 9:06:03 AM
thanks everyone..dont have xp disc and yes i deffinately need to format
to ntfs thats the error that shows!
parted magic?easy to use and then uninstall?
appolagies for my lack of computer knowledge but am so gratefull to
everyone!!!!thanks

--
garyizzle
garyizzle's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=23558
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
garyizzle
3/1/2009 9:46:02 AM
Parted Magic will delete partitions, but now I think about it, it may
not do ntfs. It is easy to use. Uninstall?? It's a live CD runs from the
cd or loads to RAM

This may be an option for you
'Hiren's BootCD 9.7 - www.hiren.info'
(http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd)

--
Box: Linux 2.6.27.15-170.2.24 i686 PAE | Fedora 10 | KDE4.2.0 | M2N4-SLI
| AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.1 | Celeron 550 | (KDE4.2.0)"102" | Intel 965 GM |
Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
caf4926
3/1/2009 9:56:01 AM
right im gona give it a go but will get from download.com there is a
newer version with linux swap and it is ntfs
have never downloaded with linux though succesfuly can i just save then
open with dolphin?
gawd i am terrible but hey we all have to start somewhere lol

--
garyizzle
garyizzle's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=23558
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
garyizzle
3/1/2009 10:16:01 AM
caf4926;1951045 Wrote:
> John, I tried that and it just really didn't work. Seems to be a pile of
> you know what:X
> So I used my XP disk.
>
> The format from the Vista disk, still gave me invalid result:\
Fascinating

'Drop in and visit some time'
(http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html).
swerdna's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=84
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
swerdna
3/1/2009 10:26:01 AM
PartedMagic will repartition and format to NTFS.
Or get hold of the toolkit from the maker of your HDD.
Or get any old DOS bootable and use fdisk /mbr and then fdisk.

--
wakou
wakou's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=22927
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
wakou
3/1/2009 11:56:01 AM
Very simple.

(Security measure: Just in case you have 2 HDs, better disconnect the
one you want to keep unchanged.)

Boot from Suse CD or DVD, select the rescue system.
When you are on the text console and looged in as root, type in the
following:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda count=10k

This will overwrite the boot sector of the first hard disk (WARNING:
Linux might consider the order of HDs different than Windows!) including
the partition table and the beginning of the following filesystem with
all zeros - recovery IMPOSSIBLE !! After that, Windows will consider the
HD as "factory new" and there is NO way to get any data back! (Except in
special fortunate cases but you need a very skilled linux user to even
try.)

Btw, this also a reliable way to kill all boot sector viruses - there's
no defence against this command. AFAIK, there is no way to do something
like this under windows (maybe for good reasons), so do yourself a
favour and keep the Suse CD/DVD: If you get a boot sector virus that you
cannot get rid of, you will need it ;)

--
dirk_s
dirk_s's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1990
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
dirk

swerdna;1951021 Wrote:
> @caf4926
> Can't you just use the vista install disk to:
> first delete all existing partitions.
> second and then create new ones and format them.
> All in the one installation?

No, that's not possible since windows fdisk can only handle ntfs and
fat partitions. A whatever else partition is shown as no partition.
Trying to use this space will end up in an error. That's  how Billy boy
sees the world. Nothing else but M$. rotfl!

Bye

Erik

--
erikro
erikro's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17317
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
erikro
3/1/2009 2:16:02 PM
i think im gona have to phone helpline in morning cant find linux cd
either and no disks aaaaaargh
tried dowloading with linux open suse 11.1 but cant run after???what do
you usually open it with?do u extract files first?i have tried that but
didnt work either
ready to smash it up aaaaargh thanks peeps

--
garyizzle
garyizzle's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=23558
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408989

0
garyizzle

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Web resources about - Help!please help!how to uninstall linux open suse? - opensuse.org.help.install

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Quickly request help in an emergency with BlueLight
BlueLight is an app that lets you request assistance in an emergency as well as notify loved ones you are on your way home or if you need help. ...

Police to deploy drones to catch thieves, help break sieges
... investigations by UK police. More than a quarter of the 43 police forces in England and Wales are mulling whether to bring in drones to help ...

Do you have wireless dead zones in your home? The NETGEAR PowerLINE WiFi 1000 can help
Depending on your home, Wi-Fi could be brilliant or torturous. In a small house or apartment, there is a good chance your signal will be strong ...

The 'Making a Murderer' filmmakers just revealed major news that could help Steven Avery
"Making a Murderer" creators Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos appeared on "The Today Show" Tuesday to reveal a new twist to the story of Steven ...

Smart Showerhead Hydrao Changes Colors to Help Conserve Water
Hydrao is your ally in the war against water waste. With several states experiencing heavily tightened water control and the skyrocketing bills ...

Sleep Number’s ‘It’ bed will help you improve your sleep habits
Sleep Number is perhaps one of the very few companies at CES that actually wants to put us to sleep instead of keep us awake with bright screens ...

Study: Health insurance helps, but even the insured can face crushing medical debt
Fewer people with health insurance report having problems paying medical debt, a new Kaiser Family Foundation/ New York Times survey finds. While ...

Three Trends In E-Learning That Can Help Businesses Craft Better Training Programs
E-learning's effectiveness depends not on cool technology, but how that technology is harnessed to get real results.