Disable Power Management for GDM?

I've just installed openSuSE 11.2, and I need to disable the feature
that causes the laptop to suspend when you close the lid (and it's
plugged in to the wall).  I've already done this for my user profile,
and I've attempted to do it for the root profile, as well, but when the
GDM login screen is shown, the laptop still suspends when you close the
lid.  Could someone point me in the direction of a config file or some
configuration program that will allow me to tweak this?  Thanks!

--
nick_at_seakr

nick
4/2/2010 1:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[QUOTE=nick at seakr]
I've just installed openSuSE 11.2, and I need to disable the feature
that causes the laptop to suspend when you close the lid (and it's
plugged in to the wall).  I've already done this for my user profile,
and I've attempted to do it for the root profile, as well, but when the
GDM login screen is shown, the laptop still suspends when you close the
lid.  Could someone point me in the direction of a config file or some
configuration program that will allow me to tweak this?  Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Hi
When you configured the power settings, try pressing the 'set as
default' button and enter the root password and see how that goes.

I just tested on my netbook and even without setting the default it
doesn't suspend, just blanks.

I modified the power settings via right-click on the battery
icon->preferences.

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.45-0.1-default

0
malcolmlewis
4/2/2010 3:48:15 PM
In any case doing it for 'roots profile' is useless as root never logs
in.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180

0
hcvv
4/2/2010 3:56:01 PM
Thanks, I'll give this a shot.  I also found instructions using
gconftool-2, which I was able to combine with sudo and/or su to edit the
settings for the user "gdm," which I'm hoping may also help with the
problem.

--
nick_at_seakr
nick_at_seakr's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=27655
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436382

0
nick

Power Management help?
My laptop is plugged in and charging but cannot identify power source. Im new to Opensuse and linux please help. -- poore111 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ How do you mean - it can't identify the source. It's charging isn't it? -- Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.5) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap: openSUSE 11.2 | Celeron 550 | KDE 4.4.0 "release 2" | Intel 965 GM | Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ caf4926's Pro...

Help in Power Management
Hi all, I have a problem, I have a pc toshiba satellite a505 i7, I installed Open SuSe 11.3 everything works great but the battery, it does not recognize and it must be cause acpi option is not working on my pc, I have to boot with acpi=off, i dont know why this is happening, if someone has an answer about it, please let me know, thanks all -- alltiger ------------------------------------------------------------------------ So here are the specs I found for your Toshiba Satellite A505-S6030, are these correct? Code: -------------------- Processor Intel� Co...

Install error: Config defaults for GNOME for GNOME power manager have not been installed correctly.
Hi folks, things were running fine until GNOME misbehaved; GNOME failed to load telling me: > Install error, Configuration defaults for GNOME power manager have not > been installed correctly. > So I Code: -------------------- ctrl alt f2 -------------------- to the shell and check the logs in gdm and find this: > Could not ask power manager if user can suspend, launch helper exited > with unknown return code 0. > gdm-simple-greeter[4150]: libgrade-warning:unexpected element<requires > version> inside <glade-interface> So I try Co...

HELP HELP HELP ------------Managing Bookmarks
Name: David Osborne Email: daviddotosborne99atyahoodotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: HELP HELP HELP ------------Managing Bookmarks Comments: Why can't I manage my book marks in Firefox 3 Beta 5. I have tried deleting the bookmarks in firefox itself and I have also delted the files off of the favoorutes folder on my hard drive BUT NOTHING WORKS............ I like firefox but unless this can be resolved QUICKLY & EASILY i will have to UNFORTUNATLEY return to explorer. I have been unabl to find any satifactory soltion to this question anywhere......HELP PLEASE PLE...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help Help Help Help

Disable Power Management Message
Hi there, I am running Linux 2.6.27.23-0.1-default x86_64 openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64) KDE: 3.5.10 "release 21.11" on my Lenovo T61 laptop. A message from Power Management saying "Screen is being locked" (or something like that - my system is German) keeps coming up, sometimes 3 times in one minute - but nothing happens. This message is very annoying and I wonder how to disable it. Already tried everything within the KPowerSave settings and also from KDE-System-Settings for Desktop and Screensaver. Any ideas how to supress/disable this message? Thank you very...

help help help help

Help: Security Manager/Install Cert.
We are trying to do 2 way authentication with certificates using Jaguar and a Powerbuilder Client application (no browser at all). We believe we understand how to request the certificates and install them etc but we have the following issues. 1. Since our client wants every user to have their own certificate, all users must request it and go thru the install process. However, the basic install from the (verisign) site installs the certificate into explorer and not into the sybase security manager. They would then have to go thru a process of getting the file and running the man...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

I need some help installing DynST Template Manager
I have a copy of DynST[1].TemplateManager.01.00.00.Install.zip that I am trying to install on DNN 2.04. I am getting this error:(this is the last few lines from the module install) Info File dynst template manager_files\slide0013.htm read successfully Info Loading DynST Template Manager_files/Thumbs.db Info File dynst template manager_files\thumbs.db read successfully Info Loading DynST.TemplateManager.dnn Failure Found multiple .dnn files in the zip file: templatemanager.dnn and dynst.templatemanager.dnn Info File dynst.templatemanager.dnn read su...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

Web resources about - Disable Power Management for GDM? - opensuse.org.help.install

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

'They're robbers': Debt management firms leaving clients worse off
Debt vultures promise to sort out your money problems, but sometimes, they can make matters worse.

M&C Saatchi Sells 30% of London Agency to Management Team
... particularly after the agency bought digital shop Lean Mean Fighting Machine in May 2014 and integrated some of its founders into the management ...

HuffPost Management Recognizes Union
Management of The Huffington Post has voluntarily recognized Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) as the union representing its editorial staff. ...

Time Zone Management
I spent last week in Utah on Mountain Time and I found myself booking meetings in Europe, NYC, and the Bay Area regularly. I am certain that ...

The Grand Strategy of Rising Superpower Management
[Munk School Trans-Pacific Partnership Conference:][a] Geopolitics Panel **Revised and Extended:** I could now talk about the risks of the Trans-Pacific ...

Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh explains why 18% of employees quit during the company's radical management experiment ...
... roughly 1,500 employees. He made them an offer: They had a month to decide if they would rather go all in on Zappos' transition to self-management ...