can't startup SUSE after full disk space!

Dear All,

I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a
warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the
machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't
start, & there is error in instalation...

I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the
desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop.

please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours...
thanks,

Hadidi

--
mhadidi2002

mhadidi2002
6/29/2009 10:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If it is the root partition that's over-full, it should be safe to
delete the contents of the directory /tmp and try again to reboot.

But if it's the /home partition that's over-full, I would boot to a
live CD like Knoppix or Ubuntu 9.04, something like that, and use the
GUI file managers (konqueror or nautilus) to transfer data with
copy/paste or cut/paste out of /home to a second drive or another
partition, then reboot.

--
'Drop in and visit some time'
(http://opensuse.swerdna.org/index.html).

0
swerdna

can't install amsn, suse dont't install tcl scripting langua
Hi all i recently installed opensuse 11.1 i586, and i need to install amsn here, but i got a error when installing, it says that needs the TCL Scripting Language, i typed "tcl" on yast and i found the files needed, i check the files on software management, and i click accept, it asks for the opensuse cd, but i only have the dvd install, i put it on the dvd rom, but i get a error message "failed to mount /dev/srO ...." :( i dont understand whats going on. EDIT: I think i posted in the wrong section, sorry i didnt find any other that matchs my problem PS: so...

can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'master' because 'logsegment is full
Hi All, I'm working with Sybase 12.0 and Aix 5.1 First of all, one small history: I worked with sybase 11.9.2 and I never received the message about the problem with log of the master database. After changing to Sybase 12.0 this problem was occurred frequently. I added another 3 mb to master size but again this problem occurs. Any idea about what's happening? Thanks Sergio ps: I don't have any task that work with master database. I don't see any explanation to grow of the log master. In 12.0 a new column was added to syslogins to track unsuccessful...

Security startup's creed: you can't hack what you can't see
Security software startup Trusted Network Technologies Inc. is expected to come out of hiding this week. But it hopes its customers will appreciate the ability to make their networks and critical information systems more clandestine. The company is expected to disclose today that it has received $6 million in first-round funding from Charles River Ventures and Flagship Ventures, and it will unveil its access-management app, Identity, which sports a sneaky twist. According to company founder and CEO Stephen Gant, the app provides user access control by embedding a two-factor identity--o...

can't run KDE desktop after full disk space!
Dear All, I am in a big trouble, I have openSUSE, everything is ok before i had a warning message saying that my disk space is full, I restarted the machine, then after that I have a message telling that open SUSE can't start, & there is error in instalation... I opened file safe & removed some items, but I can't logged on to the desktop again, it is just a console, I want to work on KDE desktop. please help I have to deliver my graduation project after hours... thanks, Hadidi -- mhadidi2002 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Help, can't get eDirectory installed on Suse Linux
Trying to install eDirectory on Suse Linux (both current versions downloaded from Novell website). Pretty new to Linux, but have a decent Unix background. using a document from the following link: www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/14539.html Pretty easy to follow, but when I try to install eDirectory, it says that port 639 is in use. Questions: 1. when installing Linux what should I use as access method? LDAP or local usr? 2. When installing eDirectory should LDAP be running or not? 3. When installing eDirectory I get a the following messages: Suc...

Disk space full and can't fully boot server to delete!
I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do? -- redcoat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Redcoat, > I have a netware server 6.5 that gives me the message it is out of disk > space. It will not function to let me in through windows explorer or use > any commands at the servers netware console. What can I do? Use something like JCMD och CPQFM to delete files off the ...

Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb',How can I do?
when I run system procedure,I got following messages : Can't allocate space for object '' in database 'tempdb' because the 'system'segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of thesegment. Failed to allocate disk space for a work table in database 'mydb'. You may be able to free up space by using the DUMP TRANsaction command, or you may want to extend the size of the database by using the ALTER DATABASE command. thanks. allan wrot...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

New Suse install w/factory disks "can't find CD 1"
Hello, I have some Novell produced disks of SuSE Linux 10.0 from the Boxed version -(I know, I should get a current version, it's what my company provides & mandates for now, I'll chase getting a current version along with this, anyway...)- I've done hundreds of Linux installs, some of these have been SuSE installs, and in this case, I'm using the DVD install disk and receive an error stating that the install program can not find CD1 (yes, with the DVD in the tray). So I replace the DVD with the Novell produced CDs of SuSE and repeat this with CD 1. Sa...

Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
I upgraded to Lion. I have pre-existing Perl modules that I had installed, but I hadn't yet installed DBD::mysql. When I try to install DBD::mysql, I get this: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Using DBI 1.615 (for perl 5.012003 on darwin-thread-multi-2level) installed in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/ Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql Can't exec "/usr/bin/make": No such file or directory at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Distribution.pm line 2026. CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.020.tar.gz /usr/bin/make -- NOT...

Can't access suse, and can't seem to reinstall it either.
Everything worked somewhat OK for about a day, since i got it installed (had problems with opening yast and couldn't update). Then today it started freezing for no reason; desktop icons disappeared, and that bottom panel too. Then when i restarted (by clicking the restart button on the machine cause nothing responded on the desktop), i got this message: "Grub read error" and could no longer get into suse. So I thought maybe if i reinstall, (this time entering a root password, cause the first time i didn't) maybe it'll work fine. But i can't seem to be abl...

Web resources about - can't startup SUSE after full disk space! - opensuse.org.help.install