Brother Printer Problems

Hi,
i am new to OpenSuse, but used Ubuntu before.
After connecting of my brother printer i see a strange issue going on.
THe printer prints, but the pages are all white.
I checked the configuration and it looks fine, except that it does not
work.
Under ubuntu it did work. So strange.
I checked with the helpfile from opensuse and i try to install the
driver with cupswrapper, but gives me an error (its already there even
if i can not see it).
Is there a way to remove it from the repositories and install it
fresh?
Or is there a different way to do it?
It is a Brother HL-2040 printer connected via USB.

Thanks for any suggestion.

--
yester64

yester64
4/10/2010 1:16:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

See if this 'thread' (http://tinyurl.com/y97ab98) helps.

This might be helpful as well:

'HowTo Install a Brother Laser Printer HL-2040 in Suse 10.x, 11.x +
User Notes' (http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susehl2040.html)
I note Swerdna mentions:
> Note added 19 November 09: The drivers from the Brother site do not yet
> work in openSUSE 11.2. Instead, use the driver for the HL2060 that comes
> with the openSUSE installation media &/or the oss repository. Change the
> default resolution from 300dpi to 600dpi and it will work fine. I'll
> post here when Brother have rectified the situation.
This is probably relevant to your situation. Anyone know if the Brother
drivers have been updated to work with 11.2 yet?

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122

0
deano
4/10/2010 1:36:04 AM
I thank for your response.
To be blank, i chose 150dpi (toner save). Perhaps thats the problem. I
will report back :)

--
yester64
yester64's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=44579
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
yester64
4/10/2010 2:56:01 AM
On Fri April 9 2010 08:36 pm, deano ferrari wrote:
<snip>
> This is probably relevant to your situation. Anyone know if the Brother
> drivers have been updated to work with 11.2 yet?

deano ferrari;

This seems to be corrected by updating the ghostscript library.  See posts #19
and #20 in this thread:
http://forums.opensuse.org/get-help-here/64-bit/426327-solved-64-bit-printing-brother-2040-laser.html
--
P. V.
"We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you." Red Green
deano_ferrari;2150349 Wrote:
> See if this 'thread' (http://tinyurl.com/y97ab98) helps.
>
> This might be helpful as well:
>
> 'HowTo Install a Brother Laser Printer HL-2040 in Suse 10.x, 11.x +
> User Notes' (http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susehl2040.html)
>
> I note Swerdna mentions:
>
> This is probably relevant to your situation. Anyone know if the Brother
> drivers have been updated to work with 11.2 yet?

Completely forgot to update that to change it and recommend the
ghostscript update. I'll do it straight away.

--
'Drop in and visit some time'
(http://opensuse.swerdna.org/index.html).
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
swerdna
4/10/2010 9:36:02 AM
PS I updated that last year but forgot to ftp the revised page to my
site -- #@!etc

--
'Drop in and visit some time'
(http://opensuse.swerdna.org/index.html).
swerdna's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=84
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
swerdna
4/10/2010 9:46:01 AM
OK, it works now.
To be honest i do not know if i installed the drivers or not since i
got an error message as i installed them.
But this is the driver that worked for me.

Brother HL-2060 Foomatic/hl1250
also dpi set to 600.

I wish i could run in low resolution since i like to save toner, but i
might need to consider a new printer.

Thanks again and problem solved (at least for me right now).;)

--
yester64
yester64's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=44579
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
yester64
4/10/2010 4:56:01 PM
I Have a Brother HL-2040 and I have the DPI set to 300 and it works
flawlessly at that setting. You may want to try that setting again with
your current driver.

Cheers! :)

--
Intel i5-750 2.66GHz 6GB DDR3 nVidia GTS 240 1024MB 1TB SATA2 11.2 x_64
KDE 4.4
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
etech97
4/10/2010 5:46:02 PM
Have you checked your 'brother inkjet cartridges'
(http://www.eco-inkjets.com/shop-by-brand-brother.html) for your
printer, may be they are empty and they need to be replaced. Or else
format your computer and try to install the fresh copy of drivers on
your printer.

--
merryjohnson
merryjohnson's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=44694
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=436855

0
merryjohnson

Problem installing iprint printer after installing MS021
All, During our testing of the latest MS patches we have found that we are unable to install iprint printers using the ipp webpage. Doing further testing we found that installing MS021 is where the problem is located. The error message displayed is as follows: Line: 44 Char: 4 Error: Object doesn't support his property or method Code: 0 URL: http://<servername>/ippdocs/isinstie.htm Any help appreciated! Paul Mattock Pepsico UK Ltd > Any help appreciated! Try this: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10100961.htm Regards Rolf Lidval...

Install Bugzilla on windows with postgresql problem... first install please help
Hi all, I'm doing my first install of bugzilla and run into this this problem. DBD::Pg is installed but checksetup.pl still complain about it. I'm really new to mozilla/perl/* stuff so I have no Idea how to solve this problem. I searched the web for an answer without success. Thansk for your help Best Regards /David ppm> rep add Bugzilla http://landfill.bugzilla.org/ppm Repositories: [1] ActiveState Package Repository [2] Bugzilla [3] Bugzilla [4] Bugzilla [5] Bugzilla ppm> install DBD::Pg ==================== Install 'DBD-PgPP' version 0.05 i...

Printer installation problem
Howdy, A while back I posted that I'd been having a probem with setting up a printer for a small P2P lan. I still have the same problem and would really appreciate any suggestions. Background: W98SE box (clean install) is partitioned for OS on boot partition, Data and Aps on second partition, and swap file on third partition. Freespace on the partitions are C: =967Mb, D:=1.23Gb, E:=670Mb. Printer is a 5 y.o. HP 820Cse. I've tried installing from HP Support site using IE interface, tried installing from freshly downloaded and saved driverset, and from OEM Floppies. I consistant...

Brother printer problem
I have a Brother HL 2140 laser printer. It works on Mandriva and Ubuntu, but because it does not come with a PPD file, only an lpr and cupswrapper file - both of which are loaded onto the computer but Yast cannot seem to find, it will not work properly. What have I missed here, and how do I get it to work? DCM -- dcm1943 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi dcm1943 I have installed drivers for a couple of brother printers over the years with earlier versions of suse. I assume you've installed the rpm packages ok, and no...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

Help!!!!The installing problem
&#26080;&#27861;&#20174;URL'iso:/?iso=suselinux.iso&url=hd:///?device=/dev/sda6&filesystem=auto' &#21019;&#24314;&#23433;&#35013;&#28304; Failed to mount /mounts/mp_1002 on /var/adm/mount/ap_ox00000001:mounting media failed(mount:special device /mounts/mp_1002 dose not exit) Please Hlep me!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- shizenghua ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shizenghua, Could you please provide a bit more detail, how far into the install do you get before this error shows? If this sh...

Problem Installing My Printer, and More :(((
Hello Friends, I am new to Linux, and particularly very new (beginner) to SuSE Linux. So forgive me if my questions may sound silly. I am not familiar with the system, operation, and nor with the terms used in Linux system. Here are my problems: 1- PRINTER PROBLEM: I have been trying to install my LEXMARK X1150 All in one printer (+scanner+copier) machine to my computer, but i have been failing at each time. I tried to search about it in the internet and found some nice web sites explaining it, but i couldn't understand anything. My system is AMD Sempron 2800 (tm), 80 GB H...

Problem with Installing printers
Hello, we are using iprint on a Netware 6.0 SP5-Server. Today i recognized that i cannot install printers via the webpage. When i click on "install printer" nothing happens and no error-message occurs. The page just reloads. I tried the iprint-Client 4.16 but it did not help. I read the threads concerning the security update KB912812 from MS but that does seem to be my problem because i don't get any error message (and the TIDs are related to Netware 6.5 with Apache2 and Tomcat4). This MS-update is installed on the machines. The clients are Windows2000 SP4 w...

Printer Installation Problems
Am trying to install printers on two machines, one running Win 98 and one running Win XP. I browse to the Novell Server, choose iPrint from the left (gray) menu, then choose Install Printers from the right (yellow) menu. I see a list of the printers on the network. I click the one I want to install, and get a dialog box saying it's not installed and to confirm I want to install, and I click yes. Now it starts installing - the dialog box includes a list of tasks and one of those lines of little boxes that confirm progress is being made. Except this goes on for ever. A ti...

Brother printer install
Good Morning, I installed the rpm file downloaded from brother driver directory. When I add a printer in the printer menu, the usb printer is seen but doesn't find any correct driver. Can anybody advice some tip ? Many thanks in advance -- New_User_X ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I can see that brother is not really welcome on this forum:) I finally could install the printer. -- New_User_X ------------------------------------------------------------------------ New_User_X's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.o...

problem installing
1. log of perl Makefile.PL and make -------------------- bash-2.03# perl Makefile.PL *** Note: The optional PlRPC-modules (RPC::PlServer etc) are not installed. If you want to use the DBD::Proxy driver and DBI::ProxyServer modules, then you'll need to install the RPC::PlServer, RPC::PlClient, Storable and Net::Daemon modules. The CPAN Bundle::DBI may help you. You can install them any time after installing the DBI. You do *not* need these modules for typical DBI usage. Optional modules are available from any CPAN mirror, in particular http://...

HELP
------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C2D76A.4EB4C450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello guys, I have just installed PERL/Apache and mod_perl, but this last = one gave me an error when I try to compile. Could anyone help me? =20 Thi is the error: =20 bash-2.05# make && make test cd "src/modules/perl" && make -f Makefile.modperl make[1]: Entering directory `/projects/IRIG/mod_perl-1.99_08/src/modules/perl' cc -I/projects/IRIG/mod_perl-1.99_08/src/modules/perl -I/projects/IRIG/mod...

Problem with installing printer
I have a problem with installing a printer. I have created a map with the maptool. I placed the folder "IPPDOCS" at another server, one with Apache. This works fine for a little while. But now when you try to install a printer by clicking one, the page is just flashing. I use NW6 with SP3, i also updated my language.js as recommend at TID: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10084368.htm I use the language.js from SP5. Then i saw that i cannot rename the folder "IPPDOCS" to something else, like i did. I changed the name to "PRIN...

printer installation problem
I have a nw6 server with sp3 and edir 8.7.03 installed. My NDPS is version 3.03. I use imanager to enable iprint for serveral printers, seems OK. Then on client I use IE6 to connect for iprinting. with ip address :631/ipp. I download the nipp.exe and install and restart the client computer. The iprint client vewrsion is 1.10. When I access the iprint page again, I saw the printers that are iprint enabled, but when I click on install. I got an HTTP 404 error code. how can I solve it? David Make sure the workstation can resolve the address that the printer li...

Web resources about - Brother Printer Problems - opensuse.org.help.install

Chris Christie has a problem with the presumption of innocence
Last night’s debate was more or less dominated by Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, but that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t riddled with deeply problematic ...

Is there a problem with Apple Music?
... page on my iOS device, the song or playlist began playback. In my case, the signup page didnt return until I force quit the app. The problem ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
Filed under: Green , Recalls , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with ...

Tom Stoppard's "The Hard Problem"
by Doctor Science The American premiere of Tom Stoppard's latest play, "The Hard Problem", is at the Wilma Theater in Philadelphia. We went last ...

42% OF AMERICANS NOW REJECT 2-PARTY SYSTEM: Confirm That Government is the Problem
... the government topped the U.S. populace’s list of pressing grievances in a separate Gallup poll . They named it the nation’s number one problem ...

A matchstick-size implant that could be the answer to America's serious overdose problem is about to ...
... to 30% of people never fill their prescriptions in the first place, and others simply forget to take it or choose not to. That's a big problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: No more heroes: View problems as solvable together
You must have felt it, if you have worked in IT for even a few years that creeping sense that more of the time you once spent installing, configuring, ...

Donald Trump: 'Ted Cruz Is Very Nervous About 'Birther Problem'
Donald Trump did an interview Wednesday night on CNN with Erin Burnett and after he spent a good amount of time dissing Nikki Haley's speech, ...

Here’s The Problem With $600 Billion In Federal Grants
Here’s The Problem With $600 Billion In Federal Grants