11.1 Net Install fails during package install - MD5 sum

I'm trying to perform a net install of 11.1 and ran in to a problem with
package install.  Any ideas?

I've run the install twice, the first time failing on on a glibc
package.  I repeated the install and it made it 82% through the package
install.

The error gives the package name (yast2-network this time) saying it
failed.  The expanded detail shows a Subprocess failed Error: RPM
failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/...  :
cpio: MD5 sum mismatch

Network error? repo error? or hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!

--
CobraPA

CobraPA
12/24/2008 1:36:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.install 14389 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I ignored that problem, since I figured I could install yast2-network
later (possibly...)

However, I see another error later during the Automatic Configuration
portion.

The dialog says "Error"

with the following content:

Download failed:
Download (curl) error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/content'
Error code: Connection failed
Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'download.opensuse.org'

Following that, I did a retry which failed, then clicked 'Skip
Autorefresh'

The install continued from there.

--
CobraPA
CobraPA's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1791

0
CobraPA
12/24/2008 2:16:02 AM
When I was trying the install, I got numerous errors of different types.
Then I tried a different mirror and got much better results and no
errors.

During the Installation Menu on the boot cd, I think its F4 to change
installation types (look at the bottom of the screen for HTTP).  Select
HTTP again.

It will give you two entries to change.

Change the server to one of the mirrors.  I did the following:

Code:
--------------------
    Site: suse.mirrors.tds.net
  Dir: pub/opensuse/distribution/11.1/repo/oss/
--------------------

I hope this helps.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with the install
method, just the site where the packages are from.

Good luck,

Noisome

--
noisomep
noisomep's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18112
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
noisomep
12/24/2008 3:46:02 AM
Great, thanks!

I wondered about that.  The download.opensuse.org is a mirror re-direct
link, isn't it?  I'll try a direct mirror.

My last install failed, even though I thought I might be able to work
through it.

"Calling the Yast module 'inst_user has failed"
It then recommends filing a bug, and reviewing the yast log info at
http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/YaST

--
CobraPA
CobraPA's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1791
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
CobraPA
12/24/2008 3:16:01 PM
I did notice a minor difference in the install program from tds.net vs.
download.opensuse.org.  I've been trying to setup users in my 11.1
install from a prior version of suse install on the same system.  The
install program had an option to import them on the version from the
download link, but the one from tds.net did not have the option.  :'(

--
CobraPA
CobraPA's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1791
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
CobraPA
12/24/2008 3:36:01 PM
It just sounds like you are having failures while downloading the
packages. Is your internet connection stable? If not you might need to
download the live CD or DVD to do your installation that way.

--
rjwilmsi
rjwilmsi's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=4236
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
rjwilmsi
12/24/2008 4:16:02 PM
rjwilmsi;1915044 Wrote:
> It just sounds like you are having failures while downloading the
> packages. Is your internet connection stable? If not you might need to
> download the live CD or DVD to do your installation that way.

I considered this, but it's a very good internet connection that I
don't see any other problems with.  Changing to tds.net allowed me to do
a full network install, so it seems to me it's a problem with some of
the mirrors or the download.opensuse.org redirector.

--
CobraPA
CobraPA's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1791
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
CobraPA
12/25/2008 5:26:01 PM
I've had a good install now, based on using tds.net mirror.  Also, it
seems the distro changed a little, or the auto detection changed, as
neither the download.opensuse.org or tds.net installs shows me the
'migrate user accounts' option when I repeated the install yesterday
(see my comments in post 5.)

Thanks Noisome, you where right on about the repo problems.  :)

--
CobraPA
CobraPA's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1791
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
CobraPA
12/25/2008 5:26:01 PM
this thread helped me too...having the same problem and kept saying
retry on the package

put in the mirror above and worked great

thank you

--
avatarman
avatarman's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=22627
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=402868

0
avatarman

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Installation fails while installing package
Hi, I'm installing openSUSE 11.2 on a notebook from DVD + locally mirrored update and kde4 buildservice repositories. This usually worked fine, but this time, the installation always fails at about 89% while installing some package, whose name I can't find out. Its script fails with error 127, the error message blocks access to the log. Is there a way to continue the installation process afterwards, instead of always trying to reinstall and hoping to find out the name of the failing package? Other ideas also appreciated... Thanks in advance, Armin -- joloran...

oSUSE 11, network install: Installation of Some Package fail
Hello I'm trying to install openSUSE 11 from the network. Booting from mini iso, choosing default partitioning, default packaging. But installation fails at different stages of packages install. Tried 4 times - the same error at the different stages. Using VMware Virtual Machine, 20GB HDD, 1GB RAM Host: Intel Core Duo 3 Ghz, 4GB RAM Please, have a look ath the screenshot made: '[image: http://photofile.ru/photo/tos4/2581593/large/79494704.jpg]' (http://photofile.ru/photo/tos4/2581593/79494704.jpg) -- tosiara --------------------------------------------...

To install or not to install?

Install 11.1RC1 messed up 11.0 install -- help
I loaded opensuse 11.1 RC1 live CD last night to see how it worked. I got stuck configuring the network card. It seemed that the network switch was off and wouldn't turn on so that even though the firmware was installed I couldn't get past that issue. So I decided to go ahead and install a second copy of opensuse on the machine, so that I would be about to reconfigure and reboot. I have a copy of opensuse 11.0. I configured 2 new partitions 3.75GB for the root, 256MB for /var. I configured it to use the existing 1GB swap, the existing 1GB /temp, and the existing 1GB ...

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Installing C++2006 wants to install .NET v 1.1
I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed. But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1. Obviously I don't want to install an older version. How do I go forward here? Gord Pollock wrote: > I want to install C++2006 on a laptop that already has .NET v2.0 installed. > But the installer won't let me proceed without installing v1.1. > > Obviously I don't want to install an older version. How do I go forward > here? You must install .net 1.1 . Without it BDS will not install. But you have miscon...

MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!
Dear Forum,   I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following... Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads... "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager." After which...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Help! Installing Seamonkey 1.0.1 messed up system
Something went horribly wrong when I tried to install Seamonkey 1.0.1. First, Seamonkey was missing menu and menu item labels and displayed a partial error message in red at the very bottom of the window (_below_ the row containing the status area, the on-line/off-line indicator, etc.). The message says: <broadcaster id="Communicator:Workmode" --^ The really bad part is that is messed up something on my machine (Windows XP)--when I uninstalled Seamonkey 1.0.1 and tried installing Seamonkey 1.0 and then Mozilla Suite 1.7.12, I get the same symptoms. I also...

How can I make a installation package for my ASP.NET 2.0 website just like Community Server 2.1 installer?
The Community Server 2.1 installation package can create web virtual folder,and can configure virtual folder as an application,and can set permissions for folder, and can create SQL 2005 DB, and can create username and password for the DB, could you tell me what utility can do that? Many Thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator Visual Studio 2005 supports Web Setup project which can create installation package. You can also using other Installation tools like InstallShield, etc. to do so.   C...

Web resources about - 11.1 Net Install fails during package install - MD5 sum - opensuse.org.help.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Appleā€™s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...