Yet another question on how to increase the screen resolution!

I realize this question has been asked various times before. A lot of
the solutions posted didn't work for me and a handful of others were
beyond my comprehension. I am an inexperienced Opensuse user. I'm
running OpenSUSE 12.1. My monitor is Acer AL1715 and my graphic card is
Nvidia Geforce GT 430. I installed the nvidia driver and configured it
accordingly. However, the issue is that on windows 7, the screen
resolution is 1248x1024 but on suse the maximum resolution available is
1024x768. I find that a bit uncomfortable. Also, the nvidia driver
doesn't seem to be detecting the screen. It's labeled as CRT-1.
Moreover, the xorg.config file was empty. I tried to follow one of the
solutions by adding a certain code in it but that didn't help.  Typing
xrandr in the terminal would give off the following results:

"default connected 1024x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
1024x768       50.0*
800x600        51.0     52.0     53.0
640x480        54.0
512x384        55.0
400x300        56.0
320x240        57.0"

I'd like to add that I'm using KDE 4.8 if that is relevant. I'd
appreciate any help on the topic. I'm still learning how to properly
handle OpenSUSE and I'm still a novice (a noob to put it bluntly) so if
you can spoon-feed me the solution I'd be grateful.

--
Vagrant232

Vagrant232
4/10/2012 2:46:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yet another question...
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C25E3A.D99D1620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Again Everyone, I do apologize for all the newbie questions but I really have to get = this program written today and this list is my only "live" resource = besides Google. I'll try to keep my questions to a minimum. But here is = one more if you don't mind. 1. How do I ignore case in my program so that if the filename is named = 'SUPER.GIF' yet it's called as 'super.gif' in my program I ca...

yet another question
--0-828337071-1254874298=:24680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sorry for all my questions.=0A=0AWhat do you guys do to practice? Do you pr= actice one script over and over again? Do you read differnt scripts and fig= ure out what is happening in each one?=A0Do you think of=A0ideas to do thin= gs, then make the=A0script for that? =0A=0A=A0Any tips here would be appric= iated.=A0=A0=0A=A0Jason H. Owens =0A=0A=0A --0-828337071-1254874298=:24680-- > Sorry for all my questions. > > What do you guys do to practi...

Screen Resolution Question
hi! I am developing an application in PB 6.5..the display resolution of my display screen at work is different from that at my home. The windows and the objects in my windows are all appearing different at my home than at my office screen - for example - the left most text and objects in my window are having their first few characters go beyond the left margin of the window so that I cannot see them..my users are all most probably having different screen resolutions - how do I make sure the application displays properly for all resolutions? Any help is appreciated Thanks Ragni U...

Detecting screen resolution and setting screen resolution
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there has some piece of code (javascript) that does the following: 1. Detects the screen resolution. 2. Sets the width and the height of a browser window according to the screen resolution. I have an asp.net webform of a particular width and want it to open in a desirable height. TIA Regards, Ohlywohly Hi, use google for these kind of questions: my google search. After a quick search: JavaScript Screen FAQ Knowledge Base. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer button...

Question about screen resolution
Hi all This answer to this may be more of a "Windows/Hardware" issue, however it affects my PB app so I need to resolve it and this is a good ng to start. I have two laptops. The older is on W2000 and my newest is XP. Both have the same screen sizes(15 in) so I am purplexed as to what's happening. On the older, the resolution was always set at 1024x768 and life was good in the IDE and runtime. However, if I set my new machine to that setting it displays as if it was 800x600 on the old one.What's going on? Is this a video driver issue? Is there another setting that a...

Screen Resolution Question
Dear group, oooh i've just taken delivery of a lovely new 17" flat screen monitor and the specs recommend a screen resolution of 1280*1024@60hz. Now, i have changed to that configuration through the configuration screen, and also through the Screen Size and Rotate and the screen looks great at those settings. However, when i restart the computer (MDK10 KDE)the settings always revert to 1024*768@75hz After a bit on Googling i think the settings are stored in xf86config, am i right? So, heres what (i think) is the relevant section in that file, Section "Monitor"...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Yet another SQL question
Using SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Is it possible to do the following update tableA set A= , B= (select aa,bb from tableB where ...) the where clause in the select statement is quite complex and I don't want the overhead of update tableA set A=(select aa from tableB where ...) , set B=(select bb from tableB where ...) Thanks TPS You can use UPDATE FROM e.g. update tableA from tableA, tableB set tableA.A=tableB.aa, tableA.B=tableB.bb where ... Bye Thomas Tom Starkweather <scientex@aros.net> schrieb im Beitrag <36...

Yet another bootsplash question
As a Linux noob, I really want to learn as much as I can, but I also want to sell my friends on it, so I need the graphical splash screen. Originally when I installed 11, the splash screen was there, but GRUB was configured wrong by the installer and I had to change the Menu.1st entries. Since then, no splash screen. I do have the parameters vga=791 and splash=silent set. Changing the value for "vga=" will successfully change the video mode during startup. So I guess I'm getting the splash screen, but it's verbose instead of silent, and it's black instead of...

yet another newbie question...
How do I get the cool round-corner module borders that the DotNetNuke.com site has? Thanks, dp In you portal\[GUID] directory you will find (among other things) a zip file called container. In it you will find the necessary images and instructions for applying the container.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Awesome... thanks! dp...

Yet another OO question
Hi all, I've just been reading a bit about accessor get/set methods. I have a method: sub even{ my $self = shift; my $even = shift; $self->{_even} = $even if defined($even); return $self->{_even}; } This basically does what a get and set method would do. So why would I need a set/get methods? This value is passed to the object like so: $object->even('even_value'); This is setting the value here, although I'm sure this isn't the recommended way of doing it. Should objects only have values set when instatiating? m...

Yet another License question
I'm going from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5. I've got all my user license's now (thanks to you guys). Now how do I get a server license? I have upgrade protection, etc. and have been able to download NetWare6 licenses in the past. What am I missing? Thanks. Jason You should have got one with NW 6.5. http://www.novell.com/licensing/eld/LRequest.jsp?ENCRYPTION=NW6 is the place for additional NW 6.0 server licenses, but I can't find one for 6.5 just yet. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/for...

Yet Another Filter Question
SM 1.05 How do I filter out ALL incoming mail that is, or partially contains, HTML? Thanks Al wrote: > SM 1.05 How do I filter out ALL incoming mail that is, or partially > contains, HTML? Thanks Um, why? You can set SeaMonkey to only read the plain text. while in Mail & Newsgroups View-->Message Body As-->Plain text then you wont see any HTML. Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Al wrote: >> SM 1.05 How do I filter out ALL incoming mail that is, or partially >> contains, HTML? Thanks > > > Um, why? > You can set SeaMon...

Web resources about - Yet another question on how to increase the screen resolution! - opensuse.org.help.hardware

Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions (or Resolves ) were political statements drafted in 1798 and 1799, in which the Kentucky and Virginia ...

World powers adopt UN Syria resolution to end civil war, but differences on Assad's future as leader ...
The UN Security Council unanimously adopts a resolution endorsing a peace process to end the Syrian war.

Putin: Russia supports U.S. draft U.N. resolution on Syria
Russian president says only way to solve Syrian crisis is politically, but until that happens, the fight continues

Rainbow Six Siege update adds high-resolution textures on PC
New visual options are best enjoyed in 4K; patch also fixes issues raised by community.

U.N. approves resolution calling for political path to resolve Syrian crisis
The United Nations Security Council on Friday (December 18) approved a resolution that supports international efforts to seek a political solution ...

Popular fitness app makes U.S. debut in time for New Year’s resolutions
You have a gym membership, but you’ve talked yourself out of going. You paid for a personal trainer and found reasons to cancel. Maybe fitness ...

UN Admits Iran Broke Resolution, Expert Says Neighbors Are Building Missile Programs
UN Admits Iran Broke Resolution, Expert Says Neighbors Are Building Missile Programs

House Republicans introduce resolution expressing support for Christmas. Bold move there, sports!
You’ll likely be curious as to whether this newly introduced resolution is genuinely meant as response to Starbucks not putting reindeer on their ...

Relativity Media’s Bankruptcy Resolution Postponed To February
Relativity Media will have to wait longer than it wanted to escape from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Michael ...

11 Popular Career-Related New Year’s Resolutions
11 Popular Career-Related New Year’s Resolutions