Video

I am a brand new user of openSuse, I have used other distributions
(Ubuntu) once for a short time.. not enough to really learn. The install
was easy enough.

I am having a video problem  with Suse. I have an ATI video card. Can
someone spell out plainly what I need to do to get smoother and faster
scrolling? My web experience is very jerky and slow. Is there an ATI
driver that covers most cards? I am not certain about the particular
model of a video card I have.

--
Slim1950

Slim1950
11/12/2008 1:26:01 PM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Slim1950;1895024 Wrote:
>  I am not certain about the particular model of a video card I have.I can NOT help with tuning your ATI card/driver.  But I can help you
identify what card you have.

Open a Gnome=Terminal or a KDE konsole and type:
::*su -c 'sax2 -p'*::and that should tell you what
card

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77

0
oldcpu
11/12/2008 1:56:01 PM
The video card I have is ATI RV280 5964

Can you help me now?

--
Slim1950
Slim1950's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15301
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
Slim1950

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
oldcpu
11/12/2008 7:06:01 PM
I am running openSuse. Are you telling me that I have the right driver
installed? I don't understand your post.

--
Slim1950
Slim1950's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15301
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
Slim1950
11/12/2008 9:26:02 PM
Slim1950;1895218 Wrote:
> Are you telling me that I have the right driver installed?No. I'm not telling you that. How could I know what driver you have
installed, if you have not told me?  Do you know what driver is being
used on your PC ?

In case you do not know how to find out - then one way to find out what
driver your xorg.conf file is trying to use, is to type in a
gnome-terminal or kde-konsole:
::*grep -i driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf*::note linux is
case senstive

To repeat what I stated in my first post, I can NOT help with tuning
your ATI card/driver.   If I was in your position, and if I did not have
the best driver, I would surf the web looking for a how-to for
installing the ATI driver on openSUSE.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
oldcpu
11/12/2008 10:16:01 PM
Further to my last post, typically, based on the little that I know,
your driver could be:
- vesa (this is obviously the vesa driver)
- radeon (I think this is the free opensource "openGL" driver)
-  fglrx  (I think this is the proprietary ATI driver < not sure > .
  Typically (but not always) the proprietary ATI driver is supposed to
  have superior performance

A simple guide for installing the ati driver is here:
'ATI Installer HOWTO for SUSE/Novell users'
(http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/ati-installer-HOWTO.html)

It states quite clearly it works with a RADEON 9250 (RV280 5960)

But the above is from surfing, and NOT from experience.  As I have
already stated, I can NOT help with tuning your ATI card/driver.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
oldcpu
11/12/2008 10:16:01 PM
"No. I'm not telling you that. How could I know what driver you have
installed,"

First, I know squat, (I said that already) and I want to learn.

Secondly, "ATI - openSuse" is not a complete sentence, and communicates
nothing to me. I was looking for clarification. Thanks.

--
Slim1950
Slim1950's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15301
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
Slim1950
11/12/2008 11:26:01 PM
Slim1950;1895266 Wrote:
> Secondly, "ATI - openSuse" is not a complete sentence, and communicates
> nothing to me. I was looking for clarification. Thanks.

Just keep asking for help here, and someone with ATI experience will
chime in.  I'm offering the best that I can.

If you click on "ATI - openSuse" you will see it is a very
comprehensive "HOW-TO" guide with not only installation information, but
also tuning information.

I think after clicking on that, it is rather intuitively obvious that
it is a "HOW-TO".

Again, good luck with your efforts.

--
oldcpu
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
oldcpu
11/12/2008 11:56:01 PM
Doh!! I didn't notice that ATI -openSuse was a link!

My apologies! Thanks.

--
Slim1950
Slim1950's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15301
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399591

0
Slim1950

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

Web resources about - Video - opensuse.org.help.hardware

Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For films or movies, see Film . For other uses, see Video (disambiguation) . developed for cathode ray tube (CRT) television systems, but several ...

Video Net Tastemade Raises $40 Million From Goldman Sachs, Others
... company has raised isn't as interesting as who's giving the company that money. Take Tastemade for example. The three-year-old digital video ...

Video memories, storytelling, and Star Wars spoilers
Enlarge / No spoilers: this is a thing that the trailer showed happening in the movie at some point where two characters exchange a lightsaber ...

Video proof the Porsche 912 deserves a second look
Filed under: Videos , Porsche , Coupe , Classics , Performance Petrolicious heads to France to cruise around with an artist and his Bahama Yellow ...

Netflix invented socks that can pause video when you fall asleep
Netflix is all about funky DIY projects these days. First came the 'Netflix and Chill' button, and soon after that came an old 1950s TV capable ...

"Hello Everyone.... Hope you enjoy these tiny cooking videos...."
It's Pocket Resort ... with lots of very tiny cooking. I'll just choose one...

Australia's The Goon Sax share "Boyfriend" video
by Bill Pearis Brisbane, Australia's strummy indie pop trio The Goon Sax have a new video for charming single "Boyfriend," which is from their ...

Top-tier VC firm's epic holiday video turns Drake and Bieber lyrics into startup dad jokes
First Round Capital's legendary holiday video is out, and like previous years , it was worth the wait. The seed-stage venture firm’s videos ...

Jimmy Kimmel gives Trump the 'Dr. Seuss' treatment (video): Donald Trump in ...
cleveland.com Jimmy Kimmel gives Trump the 'Dr. Seuss' treatment (video): Donald Trump in ... cleveland.com This photo provided by ABC shows ...

Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Diwale’ Eyes Bollywood Records In Crowded Frame – Video
Tomorrow, Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be playing everywhere in the world with the exception of a handful of markets including China and ...