USB 2-2: device not accepting address 9, error -62

Dear all,

(Sorry if duplicated).

I have for about 5 years now, 2 computers almost identical. I keep both
with the same operational system. Last was Suse 11.0.

My digital camera work well in this system, in both computers.

This week I start migrating one of them to Suse 11.1. Now, in this
computer, the USB camera do not work anymore.

I put bellow both copies of dmesg and lsusb -v from both computers
(11.0 first, and second is 11.1)

If you know how to solve this issue, or know some place that explain
it, please point it here.

Also, if you need more information to narrow the possible bug, feel
free to ask. I'll put it here as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Beco.

PS.

dmesg-camera-11.0.txt
----------------------
hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5
usb 1-5: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=040a, idProduct=0500
usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-5: Product: KODAK DX3500 Digital Camera
usb 1-5: Manufacturer: Eastman Kodak Company
usb 1-5: SerialNumber: KJCAI44419898

dmesg-camera-11.1.txt
----------------------
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -62
usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -62
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 7
usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -62
usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -62
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 8
usb 2-2: device not accepting address 8, error -62
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 9
usb 2-2: device not accepting address 9, error -62
hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
usb 2-6: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 10
usb 2-6: New USB device found, idVendor=040a, idProduct=0500
usb 2-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-6: Product: KODAK DX3500 Digital Camera
usb 2-6: Manufacturer: Eastman Kodak Company
usb 2-6: SerialNumber: KJCAI44419898

lsusb-v-11.0.txt
----------------------
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Device Descriptor:
bLength                18
bDescriptorType         1
bcdUSB               2.00
bDeviceClass            9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol         1 Single TT
bMaxPacketSize0        64
idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
idProduct          0x0002 2.0 root hub
bcdDevice            2.06
iManufacturer           3 Linux 2.6.25.20-0.1-default ehci_hcd
iProduct                2 EHCI Host Controller
[cut]
Remote Wakeup Enabled

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 040a:0500 Kodak Co. DX3500
Device Descriptor:
bLength                18
bDescriptorType         1
bcdUSB               1.10
bDeviceSubClass         0
bDeviceProtocol         0
bMaxPacketSize0         8
idVendor           0x040a Kodak Co.
idProduct          0x0500 DX3500
bcdDevice            1.00
iManufacturer           1 Eastman Kodak Company
iProduct                2 KODAK DX3500 Digital Camera
iSerial                 3 KJCAI44419898
bNumConfigurations      1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength                 9
bDescriptorType         2
wTotalLength           39
bNumInterfaces          1
bConfigurationValue     1
iConfiguration          0
bmAttributes         0xc0
Self Powered
MaxPower                2mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength                 9
bDescriptorType         4
bInterfaceNumber        0
bAlternateSetting       0
bNumEndpoints           3
bInterfaceClass         6 Imaging
bInterfaceSubClass      1 Still Image Capture
bInterfaceProtocol      1 Picture Transfer Protocol (PIMA 15470)
iInterface              0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength                 7
bDescriptorType         5
bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
bmAttributes            2
Transfer Type            Bulk
Synch Type               None
Usage Type               Data
wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
bInterval               0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength                 7
bDescriptorType         5
bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
bmAttributes            2
Transfer Type            Bulk
Synch Type               None
Usage Type               Data
wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
bInterval               0
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength                 7
bDescriptorType         5
bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
bmAttributes            3
Transfer Type            Interrupt
Synch Type               None
Usage Type               Data
wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
bInterval              16
Device Status:     0x0001
Self Powered

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Device Descriptor:
bLength                18
bDescriptorType         1
bcdUSB               1.10
bDeviceClass            9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
[cut]
Port 8: 0000.0100 power
Device Status:     0x0003
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup Enabled

lsusb-v-11.1.txt
----------------------
Bus 002 Device 010: ID 040a:0500 Kodak Co. DX3500
[...]

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Device Descriptor:
bLength                18
bDescriptorType         1
bcdUSB               1.10
bDeviceClass            9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub
bMaxPacketSize0        64
idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
idProduct          0x0001 1.1 root hub
bcdDevice            2.06
iManufacturer           3 Linux 2.6.27.21-0.1-default ohci_hcd
iProduct                2 OHCI Host Controller
[cut]
Remote Wakeup Enabled

Device Descriptor:
bLength                18
[cut]
Port 8: 0000.0100 power
Device Status:     0x0003
Self Powered
Remote Wakeup Enabled

--
behco

behco
5/14/2009 12:06:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> My digital camera work well in this system, in both computers.
Do you mean to say you were able to copy the pictures from the camera
or you were able to use it in applications like gphoto etc.?

--
openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64) with KDE 4.2.3 on MacBook Pro
syampillai's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=10369

0
syampillai
5/14/2009 5:26:01 AM
I never used gphoto. The 2 applications I use is Konqueror (just copy,
move around, delete, etc.) and Digikam (create and organize albums).

ty.

--
behco
behco's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=27828
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414453

0
behco
5/14/2009 6:16:01 AM
I had the same problems with the default 11.1 installation. But, it went
away after I upgraded to KDE4.2.2 or 4.2.3. I am now running 4.2.3 and I
am able to see my photos through Digikam.

Code:
--------------------
    usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
  usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04b0, idProduct=016e
  usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
  usb 4-1: Product: NIKON DSC COOLPIX S210-PTP
  usb 4-1: Manufacturer: NIKON
  usb 4-1: SerialNumber: 000070128015
--------------------

As soon as the camera is plugged in, it is shown in the plugged in
devices pop-up.

--
openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64) with KDE 4.2.3 on MacBook Pro
syampillai's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=10369
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414453

0
syampillai
5/15/2009 11:36:01 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll try update it.
;)

--
behco
behco's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=27828
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414453

0
behco

Virtualbox 2.2.2 USB devices grayed out
Hi. I've got opensuse 11.1 with KDE 4.2.3 and VirtualBox 2.2.2 (non-ose of course) I followed this thread: 'Virtual Box USB tips - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/d9cjhp) With one exception. The GID of vboxusers was 113, not 112 (checked it in some system file) I've got one question about that thread, there is something like this: Code: -------------------- and add following line to /etc/init.d/boot.local mount -a Reboot. -------------------- So I should add "mount -a" to "/etc/init.d/boot.local" right? I did...

UPGRADE ERROR FROM 3.2.0-->3.2.2 HELP!!!
Hey there, I followed all the instructions for an upgrade has shown in the documentation and I am getting the following error: Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.02 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'. DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database.Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortalAliasByPortalID'. I backed up everything for 3.2.0 and I copied over all of the key information for web.config that was required ...

11.9.2 -> 11.9.2.5: errors from installdbccdb and instcomm
I recently upgraded from 11.9.2 to 11.9.2.5 using EBF9620. I unzipped the downloaded upgrade file and overwrote the files in the $SYBASE tree. I then proceeded to run the upgrade scripts as directed in the cover letter (scripts located in $SYBASE\scripts). The "instmstr.sql" and "instmsgs.ebf" scripts ran just fine, but the "installdbccdb" and "instcomm" scripts produced some errors about objects not being found. The server appears to be operating just fine, but I wanted to know if I should be concerned about these errors. "ins...

ybase11.9.2 bcp error on linux using system("bcp...") Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 02:11:22 GMT From: dhliu <dhliu@home.com> Orsybase11.9.2 bcp error on
On linux command line, bcp is ok. > bcp ndb..mytable in /tmp/nw.txt -c -t '=' -Uuser -Ppassword Starting copy... 1000 rows sent to SQL Server. 1006 rows copied. Clock Time (ms.): total = 1000 Avg = 0 (1006.00 rows per sec.) but failed inside perl progarm when using system("bcp ndb..mytable in /tmp/nw.txt -c -t '=' -Uuser -Ppassword"). Here is the message: bcp ndb..mytable in /tmp/nw.txt -c -t '=' -Uuser -Ppassword Starting copy... Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file. Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file. bcp ...

Error when upgrading Bugzilla and Testopia to 3.2 and 2.2 respectively #2
Hello, I upgraded testopia and Bugzilla to 2.2 and 3.2 respectively. Previous versions are Bugzilla 3.0.2 and Testopia 2.2. It seems that when I am clicking the "Do some testing" link, error shown below is occuring. Also after I restored the database, test runs doesn't appear anymore. Software error: DBD::mysql::db selectrow_hashref failed: Unknown column 'target_pass' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT run_id,plan_id,environment_id,product_version,build_id,plan_text_version,manager_id,start_date,stop_date,summary,notes,target_...

2.1.2 Help! Multiple Errors
This installation of DNN has been running error free for over 6 months then these errors started appearing in the log. I havent installed any new modules in months. Any help resolving these errors would be very much appreciated. Simply logging in results in this a "critical error". After submiting the login form the following error is added to the site log. ====================================== FileName: FileLineNumber: 0 FileColumnNumber: 0 Method: DotNetNuke.Logging.XMLLoggingProvider.AddLog DatabaseVersion: 2.1.2 AssemblyVersion: 2.1.2.16001 Porta...

Can not compile xmms-1.2.11. Please, help me. (configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed
OpenSuse11.3 download src xmms-1.2.11 ./configure .... checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory GNU/Linux ld.so checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool checking pthread.h usability... yes checking pthread.h presence... yes checking for pthread.h... yes checking for glib-config... no checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no *** The glib-conf...

Strange Oracle Issue with 9.2.0.2 and 9.2.0.3
I wonder if anyone has seen this issue ... We have a successfully compiled DBD 1.12 and 1.14 running on a RedHat 7.2 server -- when setting RowCacheSize to a number more that 1000 we garbled data -- Also using the -1000 value does the same. I have seen a few tidbits of data on the net and Oracle's Metalink talking about a possible bug with >= 9.2.0.2 Oracle but to patches and no bugs reported. The problem disappears with setting RowCacheSize to something small like 100 or 0. Also the problem is not seen <= 9.2.0.1 Oracle Client. I am about to write up a TAR on this with Ora...

Error: Upgrading from From 2.1.2 to 3.2
I have tried this two times, by using my current 2.1.2 version, copy over all files from 3.2 into the 2.1.2 directory.Updated and verified the config file. Open the site through the browser, but... :o( It stops at once with the below message Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.00 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'. Is there any knowledge about this? Am I the only one experiencing this :o(...

Error: Upgrading from From 2.1.2 to 3.2
Aynyone seen this message? Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.00 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'....

Error installing iManager 2.0.2 #2
I am currently running Netware 6 SP5 with iManager 1.2.2. I tried to install iManager 2.0.2, but the error message listed below alwas comes up. I have installed JVM 1.4.2 and eDirectory 8.7.3. Any ideam? *** Open log 03/29/2005 15:54:26 EST *** ______ Driver Fatal: Could not initialize the Shipping Profile in driver.initShippingProfile(). ______ Driver Fatal: 1 >= 1 ______ Driver Fatal: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 1 at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431) at com.novell.application.install.LinkArray.get(LinkArray.java:74) at com.novell...

Upgrade from 2.x to 3.2.2 error
Hi, anyone who knows what whent wrong here? Upgrade whent with out complaints, as I go to the page I meet this. An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObject(String ObjectProviderType, String ObjectProviderName, String ObjectNamespace, String ObjectAssemblyName) at DotNetNuke.Modules.NavigationProvider.NavigationProvider.Instance(String FriendlyName) at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins....

4.2.2.2
Occasionally I will get an alert from ZAF announcing "The firewall has blocked local network access to 4.2.2.2 (DNS) from your computer." The explanation says that ZA has blocked access to Port 53 on a DNS server. Why would ZA block this? As far as I know, it has never requested permission to access this server and I have never denied such permission. I use a Netgear router, and in order to make it work with my system, I was instructed to configure the DNS Configuration of the TCP/IP Properties of my network card and add 4.2.2.2 as one of my DNS Servers. Thanks for you...

SeaMonkey 2.2 #2
I have just re-installed 2.0.14 and it works a treat. Don't mess with wot ain't broke. D. ...

SQL Command now spits error with asp.net 2.0 beta 2, worked fine with asp.net 2.0 beta 1
TodaysEvents.SelectCommand = "SELECT location = " _ & "CASE WHEN LOCATION IS NULL THEN otherlocation ELSE location " _ & "END, ensemblename, eventid, date FROM events WHERE " _ & "Date = '" & DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString & "' AND isapproved = '1' ORDER BY " _ & "ENSEMBLENAME" Any thoughts? The error message I get is: The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause. Hello, this issue has now been resolved. It had nothing to do with beta 2, it was a sql issue. asaf...

Web resources about - USB 2-2: device not accepting address 9, error -62 - opensuse.org.help.hardware

Report: Facebook To Stop Accepting IPO Orders Tuesday
Facebook will reportedly stop accepting orders for shares in its May 18 initial public offering after the close of business tomorrow (Tuesday, ...

Now Accepting Applications for FbStart: Helping Mobile Startups Grow
We recently announced FbStart, a program that provides mobile developers with free tools and services to help their startups succeed. Initially, ...

Facebook now accepting applications for FbStart
Facebook wants to help developers gain their footing on the platform. The company is now accepting applications for FbStart, a program a nnounced ...

BJ's - now accepting EBT - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore catastrophegirl's photos on Flickr. catastrophegirl has uploaded 7117 photos to Flickr.

Overstock.com CEO Patrick M. Byrne Discusses Accepting Bitcoin on CNN International - YouTube
Overstock.com CEO Patrick M. Byrne Discusses Accepting Bitcoin on CNN International - YouTube

Passport officer denies accepting bribes to help illegal residents, Dubai court hears
The man, who works at Dubai International Airport, was also charged with giving away classified information, Dubai Criminal Court heard.

Learning to live by accepting death
Learning to live by accepting death.

An Australian Real Estate Agent Is Accepting Fee Payment In Bitcoin
... currency that has recently become a winner amongst successful capital investors, is taking it up a notch with an Australian realtor now accepting ...

'Strong' leaders have misread the psychology of voters by accepting the myth of obedience
In a week when the navel gazing in the Liberal Party over leadership has now descended into lint picking, maybe we should have a closer look, ...

Marijuana-Friendly Resort Starts Accepting Applications For CannaCamp Summer 2015
Weed users will be ecstatic and high with the offer of a cannabis camp by a resort in Colorado.