Stopping pcspkr/PC_BEEP when restarting Xserver and on shutdown/restarting?

Hello All,

I've done many searches on Google and many forums, but I can't seem to
find a workable solution to this problem...?
I'm trying to stop the Buzzing sound from happening when I restart the
Xserver or even when I shutdown/restart my laptop. I've tried quite a
few things but nothing seems to be working..

SO FAR I'VE TRIED:
- blacklisting "pcspkr" in --> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf with
this line *"blacklist pcspkr"*
- running *"xset -b 0 0 0"* --> sets the Buzzer to 0%, 0 pitch, and 0
duration
- running *"xset -b"* (which should set to 'off')
- running *"xset b off"* (which should also set to 'off')
- *"rmmod pcspkr"*
- *"setterm -blength 0"*

Also, I think I've tried a couple other things as well, but I can't
think of any right at this moment...

Has anyone been able to successfully stop this buzz from happening
either all together or just during X restart (I'd prefer just for this
one, but it doesn't matter if it has to be for everything)?

MY LAPTOP SPECS:
*# uname -a*
Linux localhost 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2011-07-21
02:17:24 +0200 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# CAT SUSE-RELEASE
openSUSE 11.4 (i586)
VERSION = 11.4
CODENAME = Celadon

RUNNING GNOME

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free...

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

--
mmartin0926

mmartin0926
4/10/2012 3:56:03 PM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stop Restart Now Restart Later Dialog After Windows Updates
Microsoft has released several security patches in the last 24 hours which every Windows and Office user should install as soon as possible to protect the software programs from attacks. A dialog will appear after the updates have been installed if the updates are installed using Windows Updates. This dialog offers the user the choice to restart the computer now or later. Users who select to restart the computer later will be reminded after some time by the same dialog box which is then repeated in an endless loop until the computer is restarted. http://www.ghacks.net/2009/08/12...

Session restarts or applcation restarts
I have a probem with my asp.net application and the problem is IIS or server configuration related and not code related. To simplify things, I have a global.asax, a web.config and a .aspx file. The Session_Start event of global.asax reads the visit count value from an Access database and increment the visit count by 1. The visit count is stored in the Session collection using this line of code Session.Add("VisitCount", (object)dr.GetInt32(0)); For my testing, the .aspx displays the VisitCount value from the Session collection and the session id using this line of code Response.Write(Sess...

Shutdown/Restart
I need to schedule a nightly restart of my database in order to troubleshoot a problem I've been having. Please excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea how to achieve this. Can anybody provide me with some quick tips on scheduling restarts (and the actual command to restart the database)? Thanks - wrote: > I need to schedule a nightly restart of my database in order to > troubleshoot a problem I've been having. > > Please excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea how to achieve this. Can > anybody provide me with some quick tips on scheduling rest...

Stopping the restart.
This is just a confirmation--I'm pretty sure I remember the answer...... Is there a way to stop the automatic restart if FF went down with (windows or) tabs open? about:config setting? lock (or other "indicator" file I can delete or build? Or build and remove most of the permissions? cookie I can set or unset? I'm pretty sure the answer is know. But it would be interesting, if not a secret, how it knows when I have laboriously been successful in getting an OS reboot done that it should immediately (to the extent that it does "immediately any more) ...

Please help! Need to backUp Data Folder, How to Shutdown and restart Sybase
Hello guys. I've got task from my friend. I am not Data base professional and would like to help him with hard solutions: back up daily all needed data to tape backup). He has medical office with 6 computers and 1 Server Win2000 Server. On this Server Installed Sybase Anywhere 6.0. On this computer has been installed tape backup and he ask to backup important folders to tape every day after all users already disconnected. I understand to backup successfully I should go to Sybase Central Application and shutdown Sybase before, because some files(with db extension, may be more) are ...

Restart
Reed; ** PK problem ** In PK 2.5.1 build 1155 or 1226 - If you issue the Restart ( ) method call - the application does *NOT* restart. Instead, it seems to just issue a Halt/Halt Close. This is not the documented behaviour in the PK help file nor, the behaviour of this command in PB. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com ...

Restart
When I try to restart computer, from start menu "turn off" "restart".it has been displaying a box that says "Ending Program - 120c" and wont shut down till I hit the "end now " button. I tried to search for it but no avail.I looked in DtaskManager and all the processes loked ok. Any clues OS Win XPpro Thanks Steve D wrote: > When I try to restart computer, from start menu "turn off" "restart".it has > been displaying a box that says "Ending Program - 120c" and wont shut down > till I hit the "...

restart
Name: Mr.Mostafa Metwally Email: 8xatmaildotnetdotsa Product: Firefox Summary: restart Comments: a new firfox 3.0.8 sometimes make restart through browsing Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

restart fire fox or restart computer
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: restart fire fox or restart computer Comments: I managed it. in my world restart firefox and restart this computer are not the same thing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

restart a service without restart jaguar
EAS 5.3 (windows) hi ! =bfit is possible restart a service without restartin jaguar??? thanks call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\EAServer\bin\jagtool" -h %3 -n 9000 -p %4 restart -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * * Think Sybase * * <Yuri> wrote in message news:4490338f.1031.1681692777@sybase.com... EAS 5.3 (windows) hi ! �it is possible restart a service without restartin jaguar??? thanks sorry -h is the host, -n is the port, -p is the password. -- Dean Jones CE...

how to restart asa without OS restart
I always meet a problem while visit network database(ODBC asa 9.0) it tell me that : Connection Failed:Database Server connection limit exceed I do not know how to solve it,and how to restore the database without restarting System -- regards, acme ============== I love powerbuilder "acme" <hbni@163.com> wrote in message news:42e872f4@forums-2-dub... >I always meet a problem while visit network database(ODBC asa 9.0) > it tell me that : > > Connection Failed:Database Server connection limit exceed > > I do not know how to solve ...

It restart all over again
Name: Edoardo Rodriguez Email: edoardosezatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: It restart all over again Comments: I installed the new version of FireFox 3.0.9, everytime I open it it's like it started all over again, I can't changed the theme, the starting page, nothing, is started like it was the first time, and all pages related to any single toolbar I have appears also like I just install them, all this anytime I open FireFox, I'm going back to the previous version. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040...

restarting
Name: prix Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: restarting Comments: when one firefox window is closed, and another is immediately opened, the message "fire fox is already running, but is not responding. please close all windows and try again". then, when i try to open another window, it opens just fine. the delay has happened many times running on windows xp system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/2008091620 Firefox/3.0.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectati...

No more Restarting
Name: Russell Email: jmothershed1atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: No more Restarting Comments: A good suggestion is no more restarting, Basically firefox in general is made up of RAM and files. Sleep mode on a computer is suspending to RAM. You can cross that with firefox as an alternate state off un-interrupted use yet allow the files to not be in use and to be updated. The alternate state could be a limited RAM or File based state which would allow un-interrupted downloading / uploading / and overall browsing. Switching back and opening new tabs if any when done u...

Web resources about - Stopping pcspkr/PC_BEEP when restarting Xserver and on shutdown/restarting? - opensuse.org.help.hardware

American realities for Iraqi refugees restarting life in New York
Escape from Baghdad promised so much for Omar and his young family, but their new life as refugees in the South Bronx is hardly the American ...

North Korea may be restarting nuclear plant: U.S. institute
North Korea may be attempting to restart its main nuclear bomb fuel reactor after a five-month shutdown, a U.S. research institute said Thursday. ...

Official: GreenTech Auto restarting production later this year
Filed under: EV/Plug-in , Manufacturing/Plants , NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) Will the rubber really hit the road for GreenTech Automotive ...

Good Shepherd Church: Rebuilding, restarting after fire
The Good Shepherd Church in all its former glory, before it was devastated by an electrical fire last fall. The church will hold a fundraiser ...

Why Does Your iPhone 6 Keep Restarting?
That’s a good question that no one, not even Apple , can really answer. What’s clear though, is that it happens quite often to many iOS users. ...

a restarting friday open thread
by liberal japonicus I recently restarted doing Tai Chi. I only started doing it because a colleague was teaching it, and a schedule conflict ...

Restarting Opera
Speaking of feature creep, there's a browser that included so many features that I'd probably need an entire day to list them. An email client, ...

Koreas Holding Third Round of Talks Aimed at Restarting Gaeseong
... crossed the demilitarized zone for the third time in just over a week as they seek agreement with their North Korean counterparts on restarting ...

As Sunnis die in Iraq, a cycle is restarting
As Sunni militants rampaged across northern Iraq last week, executing Iraqi soldiers and government workers and threatening to demolish Shiism’s ...

The Lakers Need To Stop Restarting The Season
"It's okay, guys, the real season doesn't start until February."