Reports successfully printed when nothing has printed

An epson sx405 ll-in-one printer on suse 11.0 x86_64, prints a test page
from yast fine

But try printing a document and it appears that nothing happens, a look
at logs shows successfully printed messages

Logically it seems to me that the system is sending the print job to
the printer just fine, or there would be errors, and it's at the printer
itself the operation 'breaks down'

Does that sound right or could there be another reason the system says
it's printed successfully when there is no output from the printer?

I can't really think of a reason why a test page can be printed from
yast but 'normal' printing doesn't work (I'm not used to dealing with
printer issues as I hardly ever print anything)

--
Ecky

Ecky
9/23/2009 10:36:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

KDE or gnome?

Check what printer queue is used, possibly in the cups admin interface
(it opens in firefox). your applications may be writing to a different
queue, or even may be set to print to file.

--
brunomcl
brunomcl's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8892

0
brunomcl

print print
i have data displayed in my datagrid now i want to print data how to do that. i have paging enabled in my grid.i want to pring data in normal a4 page so how much rows i have to display like how to make adjustments  Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. have a print button that changes the number of pages or sets enablePaging = false?  The you might as well use RegisterClientScriptBlock in that method to call window.print method :)David Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- And in conjuction to disabling paging you can apply a print...

printing event after report printing
hellooooi am using a client side print to print my  reports and need to recive anythig tell me that the reort is printed or not to take an action based on this replay is there are any way for thatthanks BolosBolo...

Print selection prints NOTHING!
Name: RP Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Print selection prints NOTHING! Comments: To reproduce: 1. Go to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_strange_land 2. Highlight the section titled "Plot summary". 3. File -> Print, and choose "Selection". Out comes 3 pieces of paper, each blank except for the page title and page numbering. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Printing report on Dot Matrix Printing
Hi, What is the best way to print reports on dot matrix printer using printer ESC codes. I have tried but ouput format is not acceptable. Any Suggestion? Thanks in advance S. Bokhari Write to it as a file. If it is a local printer use the port as the file name, if on the network use the full path. i_file = FileOpen ('\\server\printer', LineMode!, Write!) S. Bokhari wrote in message ... >Hi, > >What is the best way to print reports on dot matrix printer using printer >ESC codes. >I have tried but ouput format is not acceptable. > >An...

printing from SSRS does not print entire report
Report will only half print the first time i print the report, but works fine there after.   On the windows dialog print screen, it always show 1 page the first print, then when I print the report again, the number of pages will fill in corectly, IE pages 1-xx Has anyone had this trouble....

PRINTING REPORTS... HELP!
Is there any way to specify a page break on a data window report? Or is it possible to print a report, then immediately after print another report/datawindow... Example: I have multiple part number information to print, but would like to also print a "Notes" section immediately after each part number but on the following page. So for instance, print Part XYZ with its info on page 1, then on page 2 print the Notes section, then on page 3 print Part ABC, then on page 4 print the Notes section again, etc, etc. Thanks! -- --------------------------------------------------...

Printing a report....HELP!!!
 Dear all,  Here's a newbie "architectural" question for you guys. I have been writing a module that outputs a report for DotNetNUke.The report works fine. You select a country and all the data of the country is presented in nicely formatted table, etc.The problem that I have now is creating a "see all countries" report.If I do the looping in the codebehind (VB) the output will not look right, since it is done in ASP and the variables being loaded in VB overwrite each other in the ASP.I managed to load an array in ASP with the value that I want, but my gridv...

Composite report print/print preview cutting last line of multi-page report
I have a Composite report and I am using 8.01. The report is multipage. At the end of each page the last sentence of the page get truncated. For example, When you are at the end of page 1, the last line will get printed half on page 1 and half on page 2.. You can see this effect in print Preview also. Is this a problem?? HOw to resolve it.. Thanks in advance. Pramod pramodrane@hotmail.com Do you have a real large autoheight column in there? It's a known issue (not bug) when you have very large autoheight columns (those that span page breaks). I've had succ...

Print Report Programatically(without print dialog)
Hi, I'm new to CR. I want to print my generated report on the Windows platform with Visual Studio 2008 VB with my code. The only method I found is .Printout() for the CRViewer. This causes the Print Dialog to appear. I would like addressability to the print dialog parameters, i.e. copies, etc. but not have the end user in the loop. Can anyone help with some samples?  Jim I use something like this.  Receipt receipt = new Receipt();  // This is a ReportClass object ///set parameters and load reportreceipt.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "STAR";  //case sensi...

Help!! print on pre printed format document
I may need some guilde line that to print data on a pre printed format document. Normally, i send data in DW to print use dw_1.print(). But how if i want to print data at specify location of a pre printed format document. What is the common? Yo can use the print functions, like print() syntax 3, printbitmap(), printsetfont() etc. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. cks wrote in message <370E3BB8.51D1@hotmail.com>... >I may need some guilde line that to print data on a pre printed format >document. Normally, i send data in DW to print use dw_1.print(). B...

Printing HTML reports on a Dot matrix Printing
Hi, Does anyone has any idea on how to achive this. I wanted to get the Dot matrix printer inplace for my Web based application printing needs. Currently I not using crystal reports and directly placing the output of the data/report on the web page inside the grid control. This is only helping in the geting the output on the Laser Printers. When we try to get the same outpout on the dotmatrix it becomes a mess vewing. Any solution, links or approach will be appreciated... Thank you. Regards SadeedRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from ...

how to print crystal report without print preview
I am using VS dot net 2005 and use crystal report for reporting purposes. So my crystal report working properly. but I want to print two seperate crystal repot one after the other (without popup any dialog box) by clicking button . how can I do this?Chandana...

Print Attached document when print from crystal report
hi...   I want something like....  I made a Purchase Order Crystal report...when i print it its working fine...  But now i want that suppose i have two word document attached with this po..  This document are in current directory and i also have path in my database.  I want to print this word document(Attached document) when i print po.   Please help me.. Thanks... niksasp.net: I want something like....   I made a Purchase Order Crystal report...when i print it its working fine...   But now i want that suppose i have two word document ...

Help ! Please !!!!!! Print Command to print a line
Hi When I use the print command to print lines of text to the print job, I use this sintax: PRINT(PrintJobNunmber, {Position1,} Text {, Position2}) Position1 specifies, in thousandths of an inch, the distance from the left edge of the print area where the text should start. Position2 specifies the position to wich the print cursor should move after printing the text. The problem that I'm having is that if I use a value greater than 10000 (ten thousand) to the variable Position1 or Position2 I get an error message. I'm using a 130 columm printer with it own font (and...

Web resources about - Reports successfully printed when nothing has printed - opensuse.org.help.hardware

How NARR8 Successfully Launched On Facebook
I work with NARR8 , a free-to-use application and digital publisher of interactive eBooks. Last month, NARR8 launched its extensive catalog of ...

Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store on iTunes
Get Goal Setting: Ultimate Guide to Setting Goals Successfully on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Researchers successfully eliminate HIV virus from cultured human cells - YouTube
The Temple University School of Medicine research team's approach looks promising as they work towards a permanent cure and potential for protection ...

Third time's a charm: SpaceX successfully launches new probe after two failed attempts
A new probe that will observe and examine space storms has been successfully launched after two previous failed attempts.

Lauren Wells successfully appeals disqualification from world championships
Canberra athlete was disqualified during the 400-metre heats at the world athletics championships in Beijing.

NASA's New Horizons successfully flies past Pluto, then phones home
Pluto may have been demoted from the big-planet table but on Wednesday, it was the dwarf planet's time in the spotlight.

S. Korea successfully launches satellite
SOUTH Korea has succeeded in its third attempt to launch a satellite into orbit, meeting a high-stakes challenge to national pride a month after ...

UK Tornado fighter jets successfully fly using 3D printed parts
UK fighter jets have flown for the first time with parts made using 3D printing technology. BAE Systems said the metal components were successfully ...

Military rocket successfully launched in US
A United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket has successfully lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.