Printer problem #2

I installed 3 HP USB printers on a 11.1 box to access via samba. The
first 2 work just fine.

The last one, an HP 2420d is recognized and installed. The problem is
that after it is installed it can't even print a text page. All I get is
a communications error with no details at all.

It doesn't matter which of the 3 listed drivers are used, or if I
installed via cups, yast or the hplip utility. The result is the same.
The printer does work as it was moved from a Windows box.

The install is fully updated. Yes, the printer is turned on.

--
vilanye

vilanye
10/3/2009 6:56:02 PM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you try a different usb connection cable or different socket on the
box?

--
Box: Linux 2.6.27.30-170.2.82 i686 PAE | Fedora 10 | KDE4.3.1 | M2N4-SLI
| AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap: openSUSE 11.1 | Celeron 550 | (KDE4.3.1)"165" | Intel 965 GM |
Lenovo R61e | 3GB RAM
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422891

0
caf4926
10/3/2009 6:56:02 PM
FWIW, a similar complaint I found 'here.'
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=477410) I also had a look at
this 'reference.' (http://tinyurl.com/yc6v6bd) Do you have the hplip
package installed from openUSUSE repos? I don't have much experience
with HP printers, but AFAIK there are HP-specific config tools that may
be better to use. (hp-setup for example).

Any HP printer users out there?

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422891

0
deano

DNN 2.1.2 Problem HELP!
I have been experiencing a monsterous problem. I am converting a DNN module that I made for version 1 to 2.1.2. I am new to DNN and was very pleased to get my module to work as a version 1 mod. I have become increasingly frustrated with the Error that begins with Parser Error: Cannot load type...... and ends in Skins line 543. I have been through the line by line testing of the ascx only to discover that it won't even work with just a label. I have checked to make sure I have named everything correctly. I was just about to type this up when I decided to try one more thing. I closed ou...

Help Help Help #2
I have created two transaction objects, one source and one destination, I have also created a pipeline object between the source and destination databases. Some of the fields in the source database contain blank spaces for values; after a successful pipeline the destination database fields that should contain spaces are now NULL. My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.3, my Sybase version is 6.0.4. Is this a simple setting change? Thank you in advance... I'm not sure if this is related or not, but, I've discovered what I think is a major bug in PB in that when a dw retrieves ...

Upgrade from 2.1.2 problem: urgent, please help me
Hello everybody, I've tried to upgrade my DNN portal from 2.1.2 to 3.0.12, but the system give me the always this error: Server Error in '/DNN3' Application.  The stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortal' doesn't exist. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortal' doesn't exist.Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the...

DNN 2.1.2 Mystery Problem
Ever since I installed a copy of DNN 3.0.4 on the same server as my production portal, I have been intermittantly getting a strange error on the production portal. ? Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. This is what is displayed =============== Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: ? Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding...

Printer Problems #2
I am printing a report that is about 500 pages in InfoMaker. It only will print about 80 to 90 pages and then stop. Any ideas???? This has happened with many reports. Thanks, Eric Are these nested reports and you are running under W95? If so, it is a W95 problem. We run into the same problem with both IM and Foxpro, where W95's memory management causes all these problems. It doesn't matter whether you have 32M or 64M. Running under NT4 everything runs just fine. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Netwo...

printer problem #2
but job just hangs?? mnmorid@cox.net wrote: >but job just hangs?? Could you please give a more detailed explanation of your problem as well as describing your environment (type and version of server and workstation used ...) -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.6.5) This would indicate that the job is getting to the back end, but not being serviced by the gateway. What gateway are you using?? What errors do you see on the Print Manager console ?? >>> On 10/26/2005 at 11:49 am, in message <wkP7f.6730$5e6.2067@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <mnmor...

Printer Problems #2
Open suse, 11.3 KDE. Perhaps someone can give me some advice - i'm trying to install an Epson sx215 printer and scanner. ok, the scanner first - it's detected in the scanner configuration, and epson2 is coming up as the driver - but they are not together. It says, epson2 (no scanner recognized for this driver) and it says, no driver (and then usb://EPSON/sx215) I've tried to link them together by clicking add, and edit - neither works. The printer, on printer configuration, I downloaded the drivers from avasys and there is a photo image print system lite driv...

Printer Problem #2
Hello, they excuse my English, but I am going to try to relate of best foma possible my problem to them. When trying to print from groupwise leaves appears to printer dialog in target (empty). Therefore I cannot print mail. * I installed others drivers of printer. * I installed client 7,0 again * I installed the version 7 SP1 and I have not been able to solve to the problem, strange it is that when comes some associate in I engage in a dialog of impression appears the associate and can print the atachment. Please. Ronnie Rnavarrete, It appears...

printer problem #2
My Client uses a stand-alone printer. An HP DeskJet 895c. He is unable to print his PowerBuilder application documents in landscape mode. When he tries to change the print setting in the application from portrait to landscape, it always changes back to portrait. This problem only occurs in his PowerBuilder applictaion, and he does not have any problems when using his LAN printer, an HP 4SI. Any help you could give me on the subject, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

"NoFollow" Spidering Problems DNN 2.1.2 HELP!!!
HiI need to changed the URL's on DNN 2.1.2 installation so that [LOGIN],[TERMS],[PRIVACY] and [COPYRIGHT] go to href = "h*tp://www.mysite.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=65&def=Terms" rel="nofollow" instead of href = "h*tp://www.mysite.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=65&def=Terms"I am trying to use the Nofollow attribute for links because I dont want the terms,privacy etc to be spidered.Is this the best solution or is there a better way of stopping Google from spidering the TOKENsCan somebody helpThanksGslick The only way I'm aware of control of a bot is through your "robots.txt". ...

Printer problems #2
Sir, How to stop the ejecting of paper after the print? What I mean is , when I print a report in Powerbuilder if the data contains only two rows in a A4 paper size , it prints the two rows data and takes the whole paper is out thus wasting paper. Shall I stop the ejecting of the paper after the two rows data print , I can save the paper. Ie. After the data print , I want printer be in idle Any Idea? Regards Vidya Open a print job and then use PrintDataWindow to print the datawindow. job = PrintOpen ( ) PrintDataWindow ( job, dw_x ) PrintClose() On 6 Aug 2007 01:45:00 ...

Time Out Problem Help Help Help.....
Hello Experts.I am filling up the Dataadapter from a view, and soem time during the day it raised timout.My Connection timeout setting are 180 secMy View taking 6 sec in query analyzer to populate the data.Please help me what do I need to consider more....Much Appriciated..Thanks in advanceRik How many rows are you returning? Maybe you should consider to return only a subset of the rows - if there are too many?Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks for your favourable reply.I need to populate that grid with all records, and those rows ar...

Web resources about - Printer problem #2 - opensuse.org.help.hardware

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...