OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse

Hi, I verify in Intel site that my Intel'drivers are outdated, because
Dell Suport is slow, so how do I update them in Opensuse?

Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine?

Thanks in advanced!

--
alexdbars

alexdbars
9/4/2010 4:32:05 PM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Wow, I did not know about that in the kernel were all needed drivers,
I incoming on linux' Sphere about two months ago, so sorry by take your
time to explain it to me, I will dig on linux hardware !

Thanks!!

--
alexdbars
alexdbars's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=48681

0
alexdbars
9/4/2010 4:32:05 PM
Some Intel graphics do not perform so well

/SBIN/LSPCI -NNK
will tell us about that and more

--
Box: openSUSE 11.3 | Gnome 2.3 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB
RAM
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=445618

0
caf4926
9/4/2010 4:32:05 PM
> alexdbars
                          Hi, I verify in Intel site
> that my Intel'drivers are outdated,  because Dell Suport is slow, so how
> do I update them in Opensuse?
>
> Do I use Virtual Machine or try through Wine?
>

> Thanks in advanced!         In general, you do not change "Drivers" in openSUSE as they are part of
the kernel.  There are cases where you might have to do a manual module
load for some reason, but it is not all that common.  Of course the big
question is, what problem are you trying to fix?  If there is no
problem, updating your "Drivers" is not required.

The subject of using a Virtual Machine or Wine are different from what
is going on with openSUSE hardware support.  If you are running a
version of Windows in a virtual machine hosted under openSUSE, new
Windows drivers might be required, but due to the disconnect of hardware
from a host computer a virtual session, this would not apply generally.
As for Wine, this is just a way to attempt to run a Windows application
natively under openSUSE which has nothing to do with Drivers.

So, if there was an important BIOS update for your PC at Dell, I might
indeed load it, but normally you will not be trying to load Intel
"drivers" into your openSUSE session unless something is not working.

Thank You,

--
Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may
get from me, you poor soul, but at least I am trying to help.

:)Its James again from Austin Texas (openSUSE 11.3, KDE 4.4.4, Kernel
2.6.35 64 Bit)
jdmcdaniel3's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=43440
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=445618

0
jdmcdaniel3
9/4/2010 4:32:05 PM
Thanks, I read about kernel and I found out I liked it, maybe in an
incoming future a will wish learn earnestly about kernel, device
drivers, alsa.... in meanwhile...THANKS!!

--
alexdbars
alexdbars's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=48681
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=445618

0
alexdbars

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

need help to install nvidia driver on GEFORCE 6150se hardware in opensuse11.4
hi all i need help with installing nvidia driver . i'm useing gnome desk top.thank's -- aburroughs92 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 'nVidia Driver via Repo in 11.3 & 11.4 - Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/29vv32s) -- Box: openSUSE 11.4 | Gnome 2.3 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap #1: openSUSE 11.4 | Duo T4300 | KDE 4.6 | Gnome 2.3 | Intel M4 Graphics | Lenovo G550 | 3GB RAM Lap#2: 11.4 | Gnome | Celeron 550 | Intel 965GM | Lenovo R61 | Tumbleweed 'My Guides' (http://tinyurl.com/...

Driver Install help!
Following is my PC Config: - Processor-C2D E8400 @ 3GHz stock - RAM- Patriot 2x2GB 800MHz PC-6400 CL5 - MoBo- ASUS P5QC - GPU- MSI R4850 - HDD- 160GB+400GB+640GB - Optical Drive- ASUS and Samsung Dual layer 20x DVD Burner - PSU- Corsair TX750 - Display- Samsung 26inch LCD TV Now I've got Open SUSE 11 x64 on 160GB HDD, XP SP2 x64 on 400GB HDD and Vista Ultimate on 640GB HDD. Till now my SUSE is in its native state, i.e. no device driver has been installed on it becoz of one simple reason, I don't know how! I'm totally n00b at it. I read the readme files but c...

installing hardware drivers
i am trying to install drivers for my bluetooth and my phone but everytime i try to run any executable file its gives me an error message about failing to display the content. why is that, i really need help as i want to enjoy my switch from windows. -- pablozn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > i am trying to install drivers for my bluetooth and my phone but > everytime i try to run any executable file its gives me an error > message about failing to display the content. why is that because executable files for a Mac or ...

help to install driver
Hi! I am a complete newb in Linux and don't have much background in programming either. I really like openSUSE, but have some problems in installing the driver for my wireless network adapter (USB, Edimax 7718). I downloaded the Linux driver from their website, but the folder does not include any executable file. Among other files it has a makefile file and a readme. The contents of the latter is a completely "foreign language" to me. Is there a linux application in openSUSE that can install this driver for me? Any help is really welcome. I copied here a part of...

ATI drivers installing??!?!? Help Me!!
Sorry. my english is very bad. I have no internet connection. So i should install packages and drivers manually. But i couldnt find ATI drivers package. My video card is Radeon Xpress 1250 (OnBoard). I tried to install driver package that is from ATI's drivers page, but i couldnt :S :S :S When i try, openSUSE shows uncomprehensible characters :S :S :S And i have looked for RPM package but i couldnt find :S :S :S What should i do??? -- pisahmet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ YaST>Software>Community Repositories Add t...

need help to install driver
Good day all, i'm a pure noob with linux and trying to install some driver to be able to retrieve data from my USB blood pressure monitor.'libomron - Open source driver for Omron USB products' (http://qdot.github.com/libomron/) I'm only running Suse 11.2 on my laptop and i did find some driver here no RPM https://github.com/qdot/libomron but just do not know how to install it, i tried to get in the folder ''CD'' and then ''Cmakefile'' but doesn't work for me and do not have a clue on how to do it, so i would really appreciate a st...

NVidia Driver Install Help
Hi all, I have a fear of using the 1 click install method of installing the NVidia (Propriety) Driver for my Opensuse 11.2. My Graphics Card is an nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX. I have attempted to use the 1 Click method to install this driver in the past, although once I have re-booted, the GUI or X-System would not load. 'NVIDIA - openSUSE' (http://en.opensuse.org/New_NVIDIA_cards) I have clicked the NVIDIA drivers in the above link and noticed that my card the 7900 GTX was not exactly written there in the list of supported hardware. I did try to install the NVIDIA dr...

Updating installed printer driver with driver profile settings
I have a bunch of iPrint printers already installed on 1000s of machines. I want to add a driver profile to the printers. I can add and associated the profile no problem. My question is, will this automatically get pushed out to 1000s of workstations? If not, what do I do to make it get pushed out? Unfortunately this will not get pushed out automatically. But I might have some things you could try to make this happen as a side effect. If you are running NW65SP4 on the server - if you load the NDPSM with a /DNS switch or remove the switch the clients will get redirected to a...

Help With Terminal Installing Driver
Okay I've used an X11 Terminal on MAC OS to compile programs but never a driver. I'm now using SUSE 11.3 (first linux to install on my toshiba correctly). Alas I need help telling the terminal what to do. It came with instructions that the modules and firmware need to be set up or injected into the kerenal. My Wireless Driver is: Realtek 8192SE driver version Linux: 2.6.0017.0507 My Computer is a Toshiba L505-ES5034. Like I said I've compiled software in X11 before but never a driver. So first I navigate to the files using CD (change dir) and then what? -- new2...

Help me installing my wlan drivers
Hi Please help me configuring wireless drivers. I had gone through many links but nothing helped me. I have a dell inspiron 1545 with suse 11.1 which i installed a couple of weeks back. Struggling for installing wlan drivers since then. please help me. I tell the steps i had followed.Below is my hardware information linux-v6ib:/home/harish/Desktop # /sbin/lspci 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07) 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07) 00:02.1 Dis...

intel g33 driver
Hi all, I'm a complete opensuse newbie. I want to install this driver, but I don't know how to do it. 'Index of /repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video:/intel-G33/SLE_10_SP1' (http://tinyurl.com/6ao92v) Thanks in advance. -- linuca ------------------------------------------------------------------------ heey... where from can i get the Intel G33 driver for openSuse 11??? -- tokifukaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tokifukaz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=29102 View this thread: ...

help my to install driver for my ladtop
I need to install the driver of a graphics card from Intel in openSUSE console I searched everywhere and I could not find a manual as I do esplique My computer is a Sony Vaio CS110E 250 G disk Intel 2 duo processor 2.0 g -- castortroi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mh... did you consider using the OpenSuse software search located at 'Webpin' (http://packages.opensuse-community.org/)? Enjoy. -- Purpur ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Purpur's Profile: http://forums.o...

Web resources about - OutDated Drivers: How do Install Intel Drivers In Opensuse - opensuse.org.help.hardware

Facebook Removing Outdated School Info from Some Users’ Timelines?
It appears that Facebook is in the process of reminding users that they are no longer in college , as some users are seeing notices that their ...

Doctor Who - The Eleventh Doctor is a Badass (Outdated) - YouTube
The Doctor is a funny guy... but he has darkness inside. As he says: "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have ...

Paul Roos' coaching style 'outdated': Matthew Lloyd
Under-siege Melbourne should give coach-in-waiting Simon Goodwin far greater control over the team's game style next season, leading analyst ...

Australia’s outdated surrogacy laws force couples to take risks overseas
Recent research shows Australians are the largest user nation of offshore surrogacy globally. So how did it come to this?

Roger Cook: WA is losing the innovation battle through outdated views on education - PerthNow Search ...
ONE of the key jobs of a state government is to develop economic infrastructure. Energy, water, rail and roads are known drivers of economic ...

Cameron Diaz: monogamy is outdated
Cameron Diaz doesn't believe in sharing her bed with the same person for her "whole life".

Victoria's outdated Audit Act needs urgent attention
The following piece was written by four auditors-general of Victoria: John Doyle, who presently holds the position, and his three immediate predecessors, ...

Australia's defence strategy outdated, with major defects: Lowy Institute expert
Australia's defence planning is outdated and lacks coherence, relying on old notions of defending the continent from conventional military attack, ...

US military to consider ending 'outdated' regulations towards transgender ...
ABC Online US military to consider ending 'outdated' regulations towards transgender ... ABC Online The United States military will consider ...

Telus to shut Public Mobile's "small, outdated" network
Telus says it will start shutting down Public Mobile's cellphone network in May, moving the more than 260,000 discount customers to its main ...