YaST 2 Installation Source Missing

When I go into YaST2 Installation Source section it doesn't show any
installation source. It use to have the DVD listed. When I try to exit
out of the Installation Source section YaST2 just hangs and I can't get
it to exit out.

How can I add back in the installation source if I am unable to get the
Installation Source section of yast to work properly?

--
alanatdsi

alanatdsi

I believe I found the problem as to why it locks up.

It appears that an installation source was trying to be added but it
didn't finish adding it properly. I found in
/var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ the files for the
second source but it is missing the file in
/var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/DESCRIPTION/description
that describes it.

Can I just delete the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ directory or will that not
remove the installation source entirely?

By the way this is a SuSE 10.0 installation.

--
alanatdsi
alanatdsi's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17325

0
alanatdsi
2/16/2009 6:46:02 PM
alanatdsi;1945413 Wrote:
> I believe I found the problem as to why it locks up.
>
> It appears that an installation source was trying to be added but it
> didn't finish adding it properly. I found in
> /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ the files for the
> second source but it is missing the file in
> /var/adm/YaST/InstSrcManager/IS_CACHE_0x00000002/DESCRIPTION/description
> that describes it.
>
> Can I just delete the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ directory or will that not
> remove the installation source entirely?
>
> By the way this is a SuSE 10.0 installation.

I deleted the IS_CACHE_0x00000002/ folder and it's working now.

--
alanatdsi
alanatdsi's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17325
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=408007

0
alanatdsi

installation help 3.2.2 AND 4.0.2
In installed both 4.0.2 and 3.2.2 in different sites but in the same hosting account.  With both of them i get the runtime error that tells me to change web.config to be able to view errors.I did that on both, (change key to <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> and the messages still do not change.I cannot find an error log - the one unders the "Portals" structure has not been  created. Which leads me to several questions:1.  Is there a server setting by the hosting company that prevents me from seeing the details of the error, if so what is it and how is it changed?2....

Help Installing 2.1.2
I am having problems installing 2.1.2 on my intranet server. 1) I unzip the files to a virtual directory 2) Navigate to the appropriate URL 3) The default DNN page successfully loads 4) When I login as either host or admin, it accepts the login but the page is blank (no modules or panes). No direct error message is given, but the URL in the browser shows: http://10.3.0.28/projects/portal/Default.aspx?tabid=1&def=errormessage Any Ideas? - Try <customErrors mode="Off" /> in web.config - Enable cookies - Press Cltr+[Refresh] in IEA fan of C#, che...

DNN 2.1.2 Installation
I tried to install 2.1.1 version before in my site. I failed for some reason. Now the 2.1.2 is released. I want to install this in the site. I want to make sure that this works fine atleast now. Please help. I have listed the way I am going to install it in the server. ** Directory placing will be such a way that default.aspx, web.config etc will be placed in the root. Ex: www.mysite.com/default.aspx ** Delete all the existing files in the site ** Upload the files other than .vb to the server ** Ask my server support ppl to set the folder & sub-folders with FULL (read / wr...

Help Installing DNN 2.1.2
I downloaded DNN 2.1.2 and installed it on my 2003 standard server with SQL 2000 w/sp3. When I browsed to the site I keep getting a errors. I have pasted the errors below. If someone could help I would really appreciate it. I have search for any other problems with install on this forum. None really relate to my issue. Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mutex could not be created. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review...

Help!
 Can anyone help me please??? Upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.2.2, all seemed to have gone well, except for the fact that i can't add/delete/edit any pages; although modules can be added/deleted/edited? Existing content was returned with missing images/icons and page management returns the following error message:- Error: Page Management is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. at Microsoft.ApplicationBloc...

Help Help Help #2
I have created two transaction objects, one source and one destination, I have also created a pipeline object between the source and destination databases. Some of the fields in the source database contain blank spaces for values; after a successful pipeline the destination database fields that should contain spaces are now NULL. My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.3, my Sybase version is 6.0.4. Is this a simple setting change? Thank you in advance... I'm not sure if this is related or not, but, I've discovered what I think is a major bug in PB in that when a dw retrieves ...

Help installing VirtualBox 3.2.2 OSE
I still learning a lot about basic stuff so I maybe doing something obviously wrong! First Question: Does anyone know of a repository for this? The ones I have only install 2.0.6. and I know that Sun provideds repos for other distros but cant find one for Suse. I currently have vbox 2.0.6 OSE and its been running awesome except I get errors with directx when running 3D apps cause of the video card driver that comes with vbox(at least so far thats I narrowed it down to). So, Im trying to update to 3.2.2 but cant seem to find an easy way to do it. I downloaded the RPM for Ope...

Help with new install of DNN 2.1.2
I am getting this error on the first access of a new install of DNN 2.1.2 : ============================================= Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web reques...

Can not compile xmms-1.2.11. Please, help me. (configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed
OpenSuse11.3 download src xmms-1.2.11 ./configure .... checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i586-suse-linux/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes checking dynamic linker characteristics... cat: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf: No such file or directory GNU/Linux ld.so checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool checking pthread.h usability... yes checking pthread.h presence... yes checking for pthread.h... yes checking for glib-config... no checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.2... no *** The glib-conf...

ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application installed in IIS as an ASP.NET 1.1 application (Web Application Project)
I have a Web Application Project (newly migrated from VS2003 with VS2005-SP1) and a Web Setup Project.When I install the generated msi on a computer that has both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, the application does not start because of a tag in Web.config that does not exist in ASP.NET 2.0. When I check the ASP.NET version (right-clic on the Web Application Folder in IIS > Properties > ASP.NET) I can see that the ASP.NET version is 1.1.  i have the same kind of problem .. can any one solve it..prasant In web Setup project on Custom Action tab add in Install action next *.vbs-script:Di...

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

MIssing Stored Procedures in new DNN 2.1.2 Install
After installing and setting up DNN 2.1.2 under IIS 5.0, and SQL 2000, I have found that some of the needed stored procedures were not created. Is there an easy way to rerun the scripts that create these? Suggestion as to how to fix the issue? Here's one the procs missing: Error: Tab Management is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: The stored procedure 'dbo.UpdateTabOrder' doesn't exist. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The stored procedure 'dbo.UpdateTabOrder' doesn't exist. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.DeriveParameters() at System.Data.SqlClien...

newbie help for installing perl 5.8.2 on 10.2
Hello, I have tried to install perl 5.8.2 on my powerbook running 10.2. I used information on one of Apple's web pages to try this: http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/perl.html Note that this page is for installing 5.8.0, but it seemed to work OK, substituting the newer 5.8.2 downloaded gz file. I followed the instructions exactly (I think), using the default installation configuration, NOT installing the new Perl on top of Apple's Perl 5.6.0. The make seemed to work. The make test gave me three errors - two with Berkeley DB (as mentioned on App...

Install 2.2 over 2.014?
Can I just download 2.2 and install over 2.014 or do I need to wait for the automatic update? Interviewed by CNN on 11/07/2011 17:31, Test told the world: > Can I just download 2.2 and install over 2.014 or do I need to wait for > the automatic update? Yes you can. -- MCBastos This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized use will be prosecuted under the DMCA. -=-=- .... Sent from my McCauley Omnicom. *Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.1 * Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla ...

Web resources about - YaST 2 Installation Source Missing - opensuse.org.help.applications

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?