Why do I everyday receive this error with opensuse updater?

[image: http://i26.tinypic.com/27y28ud.png]

the "Fix crash in QT" thingy... :confused:

--
hanzahar

hanzahar

i dont know why... but i am getting it also.

opensuse 10.3 fresh install and updated

--
dossjh
dossjh's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=646

0
dossjh
6/11/2008 4:46:04 AM
guess we just have to bear with it until the release of opensuse 11

perhaps they no longer give support to the repositories as they are bz
developing OS 11

--
hanzahar
hanzahar's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=411
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
hanzahar
6/11/2008 5:06:04 AM
It would really, really surprise me if it was deliberately not being
attended to. You could/should post a bug report or look to see if there
is one and see how it's progressing.

You can also turn the applet off permanently and use "Online Update" in
Yast --> Software --> Online Update.

I prefer not to use the applet because I like to choose when to update
and frankly the applet interferes with other Yast functions and that
irritates me (probably unreasonably).

--
'Come visit sometime'
(http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
swerdna
6/11/2008 5:26:03 AM
I cant see an clear error.
But if your issue is that the update is always shown although you
installed it. That happened with a few updates to me as well.

The updater does not registers that this patch is done.

The Solution is that you open konsole and do the following:

Code:
--------------------

  user@host:~> su
  Password:Rootpassword
  Host:/home/user #  zypper ref
  .
  .
  Host:/home/user #  zypper up

--------------------

That should solve the Problem. After that rightclick on the updater
applet and select check now - it should come back empty.

--
KunzeS
KunzeS's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=394
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
KunzeS

--------------------

> That should solve the Problem. After that rightclick on the updater
> applet and select check now - it should come back empty.

Hmm I've had the problem you describe for the last few updates, I've
found using zypper to perform the updates avoids the problems.

However next time this happens I'll give those commands a try and see
if it does the trick.

--
Linux using monkey :)
PurpleMonkey's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=304
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
PurpleMonkey
6/12/2008 4:36:04 PM
Probably same thing happening to me. My updater applet won't install /
or won't register the install of any updates. So even if I choose to
update when I go to Yast I find those packages not installed. I guess
it all started about a couple or so weeks ago. Not much of an issue for
me though since I can't wait to get my hands on openSuse 11. :)

--
hazelkid
hazelkid's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1042
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
hazelkid

--------------------

> That should solve the Problem. After that rightclick on the updater
> applet and select check now - it should come back empty.
Do not log in as su and do it.

Just do:

sudo zypper ref
sudo zypper up

--
How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight. -
Fight Club

'Ben Kevan's Blog - That's me' (http://www.benkevan.com)
eclipseagent's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=477
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
eclipseagent
6/13/2008 1:46:03 PM
Try this, when u mark the packages and as soon as it asks to enter
password, then DONT select "keep password" and see if it works.

--
Linux is user friendly, its just very selective of who its friends are
;)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385579

0
snakeeyes

You may receive the Error Message "Server Error in '/application name' Application" while browsing an asp.net application
You may receive the following error message while browsing an asp.net application "Server Error in '/application name' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error mes...

after success update from 3.1.1 to 3.2, I test my site to update from 3.2 to 4.0, and I got this error
  Server Error in '/wpatest' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Stream is not a valid resource file.Source Error: Line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> Line 2: <root> Line 3: <language name="English" key="en-US" fallback=""/>Source File: /wpatest/App_GlobalResources/Locales.xml.resources    Line: 1 Version Informatio...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!!
Hi I seem to have a huge problem on my hands.  I launched my website MyDesignerResource.com and used visual web developer to create dynamic pages.  I tried to put those on my webpage but everytime you login etc it gives me an application error.  I cannot figure out how setup the asp.net and sql server express 2005.  I tried everything i converted it to a .sql but i do not know what to put in the strings etc.  Could someone walk me through the steps in doing this.  By the way im using godaddy.com for my webhosting and i have a database setup there i just cant tak...

An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c
*** Repost of original locked thread of "webmaster@dotcom-sys.com" *** Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on rem...

Help! Application error?
When I run my application( PB7.0). I try to modify the date value in datawindow.Then,that column flashs continuous and crash the system. Application error occurs: "The exception unknown software exception(0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x77f4738e." What does it mean? Any Ideas to solve that problem? Same application run on PB5 is no that problem. Thanks in advance. Do you have any code in the losefocus event of the datawindow? Are you entering a correct date or an incorrect date when this happens? Is this an edit mask or just an sle? ...

Application Error
We use PowerBuilder 7.0 for many/many things here. But, we are having a problem with a single application. It's a very small app, with only one window. The single window has about 30 functions. What happens, is when you try to add or duplicate a function, you get an application error. It's the same error every time. It's about 50/50 on when it happens. It either happens right when you try to add it, or it can happen when you try to save it. The error is "The instruction at "0x114521b8" referenced memory at "0x41000021". The memory could not be &...

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

application profile error in visual studio 2005 please help ( not a member of profile error).
hi, i m total novice to asp.net i m using profile object in a page therefore i have gone through some of the video tutorials on ASP.net sites i have watched video hilo_profile-themes_final devoloped for visual web devoloper but problem is i m using visual studio 2005 according to the video i have created the default page with following code <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "ht...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help Help Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insert data error
Please tell me .Where is error in this code!Thanks  private void Button3_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   OleDbConnection myCon=new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=" + Server.MapPath ( "db/db.mdb"));   string sql="Insert into Student (name,password) Values (@name,@password)";   OleDbCommand myCom=new OleDbCommand( );   myCom.CommandType=CommandType.Text;   myCom.Connection=myCon;   myCom.CommandText=sql;    my...

You may receive the error "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level" in asp.net
You may get this error when trying to browse an asp.net application. The debug information shows that "This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS." However, this error occurs primarily out of 2 scenarios. This Article explains it further and provides the possible resolutions for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - Why do I everyday receive this error with opensuse updater? - opensuse.org.help.applications

Weekend Box Office: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Dominates, ‘Daddy’s Home’ Does Well
There should be no surprise that in its second weekend, Star Wars: The Force Awakens dominated the weekend box office once again. What may surprise ...

Al Jazeera Reporter Responds to Criticism of Doping Documentary
Al Jazeera investigative reporter Deborah Davies has responded to comments from Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning , calling Davies’ documentary, ...

Chicago Police Double Fatal Shooting Bolsters Push To Oust Mayor Rahm Emanuel
Residents say the city’s leader has to go sooner, not later. Facing a federal probe by the Department of Justice over possible racial bias and ...

Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi
NBCNews.com Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi NBCNews.com Iraqi authorities expect to announce Monday that they have ...

What Donald Trump Did For One Georgia Family Is Actually Pretty Cool
Donald Trump has hardly been the recipient of good press since announcing that he would be running for President in 2016. While some would attest ...

Christmastime storms, tornadoes kill at least 43 in U.S
By Lisa Maria Garza DALLAS (Reuters) - Storms hit the U.S. South, Southwest and Midwest over the Christmas holiday weekend, unleashing floods ...

China Forces French Reporter Skeptical of Terrorism Claims to Leave Country
China said Saturday that it would not renew a French journalist’s press credentials, the Associated Press reports . Ursula Gauthier, a reporter ...

UK floods: North of England faces further misery after 'unprecedented' flooding inflicts chaos across ...
Residents and business owners in city centres across northern England face further misery tomorrow after “unprecedented” flooding transformed ...

Bernie Sanders Wants Trump Voters To ‘Feel The Bern’ In 2016
Democratic presidential nominee, Bernie Sanders, wants Trump voters to “feel the Bern” in 2016. The senator from Vermont appeared on CBS’s “Face ...

China unveils two-child policy
AsiaOne China unveils two-child policy CNN Chinese lawmakers rubber-stamped the new legislation Sunday (December 27, PHT) during a session ...