VirtualBox screen size

If you are into virtualization with Sun xVM VirtualBox, there's a great
new simple solution to setting the guest virtual machine's screen size/
resolution - since the release of VirtualBox version 1.6.2.

It's a new VBoxManage command, explained in the Help Contents/ User
Manual at section 9.12 under the heading "Configuring the maximum
resolution of guests when using the graphical frontend".

As the default screen resolution option was unsatisfactory for me, I
found by trial and error that the perfect resolution for a Guest on my
Host's desktop (with a 19 inch LCD) is 1272 x 920. So in my HOST
system, I shut down VirtualBox, then opened a terminal and typed:

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution 1272,920

This worked perfectly. Now when I run any guest machine in Virtualbox,
the guest immediately opens to my desired screen size (1272x920) and it
works consistently time after time. You can set any screen size you want
this way. Absolutely no adjustments are required inside the guest
machine's settings.

--
SuzaUza

SuzaUza

Thanks, great tip. Now don't issue this command as root, you'll
lock yourself out of VB. If that's happened just issue the
following command as root:

rm -r /tmp/.vbox-user-ipc/

where user is your username, after that VB will start as normal.

If you have problems getting usb to work in 1.6.2 on 11.0RC1,
I've found this to work:

put this line in your /etc/fstab

usbfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbfs   devmode=0664,devgid=1000 0 0

and comment out the existing usbfs line.

This won't automount usbfs so you'll have to mount it in a
terminal, as root just type

mount usbfs

Now it may happen that you have already run VB one or more
times in your session, if that's the case just run this
command again, but now you don't need to be root:

rm -r /tmp/.vbox-user-ipc/

Now usb will hopefully work.

--
hank_se
hank_se's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=202

0
hank

Screen size help
When I type stepmania in the terminal. I get the crash. But the problem is when the crash heppen. It forces my screen size really small. So if I get this crash again I like to fix it. Don't want to restart my computer just to fix my screen size. So how would I get my screen to 1280x1024? Using 11.1 kde4.1.3 -- dhdarka ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Screen and text size--help!
In trying to get the font larger I have messed up the settings. How do I go about getting the size and font back to the original default? Thanks Shorty wrote: > In trying to get the font larger I have messed up the settings. How do > I go about getting the size and font back to the original default? > > Thanks > Completely Close Firefox. Goto Your Firefox profile folder (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Firefox) Backup 'prefs.js' file Open 'prefs.js' file in notepad. put '//' at the start of these three user defined preference ,...

help with designing with different screen size.
windows 7,xe8, androids mobile Is there an article about designing for different screen size? I did a code for one screen size, then when I which to different size I had to redo my files deployment again. Do I design in master first then switch between different screens? If theres an article, I want to read it. Thanks for you help Gilbert wrote: > Is there an article about designing for different screen size? Arranging FireMonkey Controls http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Arranging_FireMonkey_Controls Mobile Tutorial: Using Layout to Adjust Differ...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

alignment of labels in application on different screen sizes?
Hi all, I am developing a web application in asp.net . When I access this application from browser on my local machine it works fine. but for testing purposes i installed the same application on one more machine. the monitor of this machine has different screen size. it is bigger than my monitor. And when I view the application on that machine then alignment of all labels is not proper, i mean to say that indentation is not aligned and in some places text continues in next line. What should i do to resolve the problem? I will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance how are you d...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

Web resources about - VirtualBox screen size - opensuse.org.help.applications

VirtualBox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oracle VM VirtualBox (formerly Sun VirtualBox , Sun xVM VirtualBox and innotek VirtualBox ) is a virtualization software package for x86 and ...

Oracle VM VirtualBox
New May 22nd, 2012 VirtualBox 4.1.16 released! Oracle today released VirtualBox 4.1.16, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 4.1 which improves ...

Oracle unwraps VM VirtualBox 5.0 with focus on security
After entering beta roughly three months ago, Oracle's VM VirtualBox 5.0 virtualization software is now generally available, offering faster ...

The VirtualBox 5.0 beta is finally here
VirtualBox, the open source virtualization system originally created by Sun and now under Oracle's stewardship, has released its first revision ...

VirtualBox updated with support for multi-touch platforms, in time for Windows 8.1 & Mavericks
VirtualBox, a free software package that allows you to run a whole range of virtual machines on your Mac, has been updated to provide support ...

VirtualBox update adds 3D support to Mac OS X-hosted VMs
Sun's VirtualBox, an open source virtualization solution, has been updated to …

Install Windows 8 on Oracle VirtualBox
... should things go wrong. If you only want a quick look round at the Windows 8 highlights, then, the safest approach is to install it on a VirtualBox ...

openSUSE 11 on VirtualBox
... system and I don’t have any second PC to use only for UNIX development I had to install all the stuffs on a Virtual Machine. I choose VirtualBox ...

VirtualBox 4.0.6.71416
VirtualBox最早是德国一家软件公司InnoTek所开发的虚拟系统软件,后来被Sun收购,改名为Sun VirtualBox,在Sun被Oracle收购后现改名为Oracle VirtualBox.因为他是开源的,不同于VM,而且功能强大,可以在 Linux/Mac 和 ...

Review: VirtualBox 5.0 vs. VMware Workstation 11
Oracle VirtualBox and VMware Workstation have been duking it out for several years now. VirtualBox occupies the “free and open source” corner ...