Video

Here 's my problem. I install successfully suse 11 and the sound worked
without installing manually any sound drivers but i can't see any
video. Plus i want to use vlc as my default program but there is a
dependency hell and i can't install it. Any idea?? Thx in advance!

--
ctrlfreak

ctrlfreak

if you have activated Compiz, disable it and try again with vlc to play
a video. Alternatively you can install Packman's Xine or MPlayer. I
wouldn't encourage you to use vlc as it's very buggy and often fails
miserably but it's your choice

--
*'Get h264enc' (http://h264enc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get xvidenc'
(http://xvidenc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get divxenc'

0
microchip8
6/28/2008 3:06:04 PM
If it is compiz you can probably fix it with some extra settings, see
here : 'Desktop Effects interfers with Video playback - openSUSE
Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/5amchq)

--
Novell dead? Been hearing that line for 10 years.. & fortunately
been deaf to hear it! Still gives a kick to experience their
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
Magic31
6/28/2008 3:06:05 PM
Have you tried installing with the one-click for restricted formats? :
'Restricted Formats - openSUSE-Community'
(http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/)

I use VLC alot, but many also like mplayer.

--
Novell dead? Been hearing that line for 10 years.. & fortunately
been deaf to hear it! Still gives a kick to experience their
innovations & now with Linux it makes my era an even more fun time to
be living in, got to love it! *WJM*
Magic31's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=289
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
Magic31
6/28/2008 3:16:04 PM
Have you tried installing with the one-click for restricted formats? :
'Restricted Formats - openSUSE-Community'
(http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/)

I use VLC alot, but many also like mplayer.

--
Novell dead? Been hearing that line for 10 years.. & fortunately
been deaf to hear it! Still gives a kick to experience their
innovations & now with Linux it makes my era an even more fun time to
be living in, got to love it! *WJM*
Magic31's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=289
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
Magic31
6/28/2008 3:16:04 PM
The problem is that i can't install vlc i haven't install it. Btw which
video player do you advise to use??
The video should work without installing any drivers??? I don't use
compiz now.

--
ctrlfreak
ctrlfreak's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2756
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
ctrlfreak
6/28/2008 3:16:04 PM
There is a problem my pc it's not connected on the internet.

--

ctrlfreak;1828051 Wrote:
> The problem is that i can't install vlc i haven't install it. Btw which
> video player do you advise to use??

you can get VLC from the packman repo. I recommend Xine or MPlayer
which are also available from the packman repository.

--

ctrlfreak;1828051 Wrote:

> The video should work without installing any drivers???

yes, no need for installing codecs/drivers

--

ctrlfreak;1828065 Wrote:
> There is a problem my pc it's not connected on the internet.

then you have to compile VLC yourself. Install gcc and make from YaST
and try to compile VLC. It's usually only a matter of

./configure
make
su
<root password>
make install

compiling mplayer is much more easier though

--
*'Get h264enc' (http://h264enc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get xvidenc'
(http://xvidenc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get divxenc'
(http://divxenc.sourceforge.net)*
microchip8's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=163
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
microchip8
6/28/2008 3:26:04 PM
I 've got vlc on .rpm but there is a dependency hell if i compile it it
will work??

--
ctrlfreak
ctrlfreak's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2756
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
ctrlfreak
6/28/2008 3:26:05 PM
ctrlfreak;1828082 Wrote:
> I 've got vlc on .rpm but there is a dependency hell if i compile it it
> will work??

i don't know if it'll work. This depends on what you have installed on
your system. You also need the source of VLC and probably some other
packages too (dunno which ones)... in my opinion it's better to grab
the source of MPlayer and compile it. It's much easier than compiling
VLC. You can get the mplayer source form here

http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0rc2.tar.bz2

--
*'Get h264enc' (http://h264enc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get xvidenc'
(http://xvidenc.sourceforge.net)* - *'Get divxenc'
(http://divxenc.sourceforge.net)*
microchip8's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=163
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=387813

0
microchip8

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

HELP Surfside video rental application
Any kind soul, I am new to corba and jaguar. I have ESA installed on a Win2000 server and am getting a "Corba System Exception: CORBA_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK. It then pops up the store selection with an empty list to pick from. I have read the document and gone through all the installation phases for installation of the ESA 3.61 upgrades but am unable to get it started. Could someone please guide me as to where can I get more detailed material or walk me though the application. I would be eternally grateful. Thanks In Advance Hi, Just a little more informarion i...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

Help Help Help
How to send a form data to mail by onclick action of Submit button. By using vbscript (using ADODB) in ASP Try this page: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.4.1.aspx I have found a lot of help from it.Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.-- Randy...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

Web resources about - Video - opensuse.org.help.applications

Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For films or movies, see Film . For other uses, see Video (disambiguation) . developed for cathode ray tube (CRT) television systems, but several ...

Kona by 'copter Video:https://youtu.be/heEAl8FduRY Photos:https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=441 ...
jurvetson posted a photo: Flying low and up the waterfall encircled canyons, we found a pristine B-18 bomber that crashed in 1941...

How to Use Video on Your Blog for Maximum Results
In order to stay relevant in the evolving blogosphere, bloggers need to invest in video content. You don’t have to completely transform your ...

Whitney (ex-Smith Westerns) share new single/video "No Woman," playing SXSW ++ dates with Ne-Hi
by Bill Pearis Whitney, the new band from former Smith Westerns members Julien Ehrlich and Max Kakacek, are wrapping up their debut album which ...

Here's how Facebook and Snapchat are shaping the future of mobile video
Millennials are spending more time than ever watching short-form video content on their mobile devices, and players like Facebook and Snapchat ...

Video Of Pentagon’s Bombing Of ISIS Bank Literally Shows Clouds Of Burning Money In The Air
Video Of Pentagon’s Bombing Of ISIS Bank Literally Shows Clouds Of Burning Money In The Air

Video: Trump hears the boo birds after criticizing Ted Cruz
... his army of generally loyal fans. And yet, that’s exactly what happened in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina this weekend. Let’s go to the video ...

Democratic Debate: Watch Full Video Of Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, And Martin O’Malley
... due to his quick responses. The Democratic debate aired live at 9 p.m., ET, and if you missed it, you can watch the full debate in the video ...

Video replay: 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast at Millersville University
... Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast was this morning at Millersville University, and staffers from LNP and LancasterOnline provided live video ...

Alan Rickman Narrates a Video About a Tortoise Slowly Consuming a Strawberry for a Good Cause
... causes include Save the Children and the Refugee Council , both of whom are working with One Click Giving , an organization that creates videos ...