trying to install Firefox 3.6 but YaST says "3.5 is needed"

I am on OpenSuSE 11.0 running Firefox 3.0.  I want to upgrade Firefox to
3.5 or 3.6 but all I can find in
/pub/opensuse/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0/x86_64 is
MozillaFirefox-3.6.0-1.2.x86, or MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE
3.5-3.9.x86.

When I try to install MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE 3.5-3.9.x86 I am
told I need to install Firefox 3.5 because of failed dependencies.  I
have looked around on the internet for an RPM for this version but can't
find it.

Can someone help me by either telling me where I can find the correct
RPM to install, or advise me with other instructions to wean my old 11.0
system of the old Firefox?

By the way I can not upgrade this system to 11.1 or 11.2 because it is
a production machine.  However, I debug on this machine using Firebug
and I would just like to bring these two tools up to date.  Thanks for
the help.

--
fogelfish

fogelfish

You can find current versions for Mozilla Software here: 'Index of
/repositories/mozilla'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/)

Old versions (including FF 3.5) can be found here:
'Index of /repositories/mozilla:/legacy'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla:/legacy/)

--
teetasse
teetasse's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=28589

0
teetasse
1/23/2010 9:46:02 AM
fogelfish;2108786 Wrote:
> I am on OpenSuSE 11.0 running Firefox 3.0.  I want to upgrade Firefox to
> 3.5 or 3.6 but all I can find in
> /pub/opensuse/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.0/x86_64 is
> MozillaFirefox-3.6.0-1.2.x86, or MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE
> 3.5-3.9.x86.
>
> When I try to install MozillaFirefox-branding-openSUSE 3.5-3.9.x86 I am
> told I need to install Firefox 3.5 because of failed dependencies.  I
> have looked around on the internet for an RPM for this version but can't
> find it.
>
> Can someone help me by either telling me where I can find the correct
> RPM to install, or advise me with other instructions to wean my old 11.0
> system of the old Firefox?
>
> By the way I can not upgrade this system to 11.1 or 11.2 because it is
> a production machine.  However, I debug on this machine using Firebug
> and I would just like to bring these two tools up to date.  Thanks for
> the help.

Try doing an unconditional update on mozilla repo, like this but on
mozilla
'carl4926 - Unconditional Update in Yast Software management'
(http://tinyurl.com/la9htv)

--
Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.3.4) | M2N4-SLI | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia
8500GT | 4GB RAM
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=431452

0
caf4926
1/23/2010 10:56:04 AM
It's been a while since I posted this.  I should follow up with what
happened.  I tried an unconditional update on the mozilla repo and that
did not work.  I tried to find an old enough version of Firefox in an
rpm and was unsuccessful.

I ended up uninstalling Firefox and removing all of mozilla's
firefox-related rpms that did not complain about other dependencies
being broken.  Once I did that I installed the latest Firefox rpm, which
was successful.

Coincidentally or not, soon after I did these things, my copy of Zend
Studio started to crash and became unusable.  I am still trying to
figure out why, but it sure seems odd that it started misbehaving on the
heels of the changes I made to Firefox.

--
fogelfish
fogelfish's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7529