Suse MySQL and MySQL workbench

I am looking at the downloads here 'MySQL :: Download MySQL Workbench'
(http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/1.0.html#downloads) and 'MySQL
:: Download MySQL Community Server'
(http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/#downloads).

As one is source code and the other is suse enterprise linux, are these
the best downloads for MySQL on suse 11.3? Is there a best source for
the install? Suse specific rpm's?

--
flebber

flebber

Try zypper or YAST first to look at the OpenSuSE repositories.
If those aren't "latest" enough for you, consider looking at the
OpenSuSE Build Service.

By installing using a package manager like YAST/zypper, your system can
automatically maintain and update your app.

Tony

--
tsu2
tsu2's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=2578

0
tsu2
11/19/2010 11:36:02 PM
> are these the best downloads for MySQL on suse 11.3?

No. Use yast to install the package and it will come from the official
openSUSE OSS repo. The openSUSE package contains a lot of patches to fix
some issues and integrate it nicely with your 11.3 OS. Anything else is
not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing, but then you
wouldn't have asked ...

--
Technology is 'stuff that doesn�t work yet.' -- Bran Ferren
vodoo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18902
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=450084

0
vodoo

mysql php5-mysql
Hi, i have installed mysqk from binaries itworks!!! but now how can i install php5-mysql and dependencies? Many thanks Thierry -- trazomtg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ When you say from the binaries, do you mean you installed via Yast and the Suse repositories?? It is always best to install via Yast-Software-Software Management if you can. This way all dependencies are done for you. -- gogalthorp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gogalthorp's Profile: http://forums.opensuse....

Help to Create dsn for MySql application
Hi, I need help. I'm developing an application to read, insert, delete and update from a local database (using wifi in ppc on local network). I'm using Mysql in the server and i have use de drivers of sun to create ODBC in windows xp. Pocketbuilder works well, when I launch the application, works perfect in my computer. Now I need to deploy the application in the PPC with WM5 and folowing the instruction of the tutorial's videos, I need a DSN file to transfer at the pocket. I found an example but I have a several questions: [ODBC] uid=root pwd=123456 DRIVER=\WINDOWS\db...

Pls help for asp.net connect mysql using the mysql connector 1.0.5
I am using the Visual web delveloper Beta2 and try to connect the mysql using the mysql connector 1.0.5 and i cannot connect, pls. helpThanks...

MySQL help!!

MySQL Workbench
Hi there! I just installed MySQL Workbench on openSuse 11.0, but when I want to launch it as ordinary user, the following message appears: THE GRT ENVIRONMENT FOR THE WORKBENCH COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED. PLEASE VERIFY YOUR INSTALLATION. Do you have any idea? (As root, it works OK.) Of course, I reinstall it, but the same thing happen. Thank you, in advance. -- [Adri�n C�rdoba] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ which version did you install and from where ? I have the latest Alpha version and didnt have any issue. Work...

mySql help ?
I give up. Ive spent way too much time on this one, so its time to call in the othe guru's to tell me what little peice im missing. I am trying to query a database for all records where a user's login session (multiple logins/outs per day) was logged in for any portion of a specified day, so would include cases where the login session spans midnight at either end of the day. The following query is what I have, and from everything Ive ever done, should work. There are a few dozen records that should be returned by this query, but the query returns NONE. WTH ? if i l...

linked server MySql to Mysql
Can i make linked server from MySql to another Mysql server?...

MYSQL Help
Hi all,   i have to use MYSQl database server as a beckend of asp.net 2.0 application . i have installed the MYSQl on windows machine (XP), but it is a command Propmt i mean for creating databases or tables i will use command Prompt Is there any GUI Interface beside this ?   best Regards Rameezwaheed  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps...

Perl Mysql
Hi all, I am installing Bugzilla3 on a windowsXP box together with Mysql5.0.45 and ActivePerl-5.8.8.820. It passed the checksetup and created the database. However, when I point my Firefox to http://localhost/ I got the following error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.dll' for module DBD::mysql: load_file:The specified module could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at (eval 34) line 3 Compilation failed in require at (eval 34) line 3. Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed...

DBD::mysql bad auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle file on OS X
Howdy group :) Having a bit of trouble getting DBD::mysql installed on OS X I get this error: root# perl -e 'use DBD::mysql;' Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle' for module DBD::mysql: /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle(2): Not a recognisable object file at -e line 1 Compilation failed in require at -e line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1. root# Here is what is in the directory: root# ls /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/au...

Need help setting up mySql on new suse 11.2 install
Hello all, I have just installed suse 11.2 and want to set up mysql. I can start mysql from the terminal window by typing 'mysql' but thats it. I believe I have to create a users table and then the user root or at leats set roots password. Is there a 'how to' for first time mysql set up? -- k2zs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Run the script mysql_secure_installation. This will prompt you for a root password (root in mysql, not root in Linux, so can be different passwords). Start the mysql -service- from ...

MYSQL
Hello, i have MYSQL running on the OES-Linux server. Now i know thwere i an config file i have to edit before i can manage the MYSQl from another host. does anyone know where i can find that file ??? if i now trey to log in from another server the MYSQL cluietn say: Host 10.0.1.2 is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server Hope someone knows the fix. Thanx Dave I don't know that much if there is something special with MySQL on SuSE/OES, but in an ordinary MySQL installation, this is restricted in the mysql database itself, user table and Host column. Creat...

MySQL
Hi it is possible to connect to MySQL using PB ? I dont want use ODBC. Milos PB only supports ODBC to connect to MySQL. Sorry. "sula" <milos.sula@musumperk.cz> wrote in message news:4002631b@forums-1-dub... > Hi > it is possible to connect to MySQL using PB ? I dont want use ODBC. > > Milos > > Does MySQL support JDBC or OLE? Those would be the only other options. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/...

MYSQL
Have ASE 12.5 on Linux box with the Rep Server on the box as well. Another part of the org want to rep data from ASE to MYSQL. Although Sybase Rep does not support Mysql...I thought through the ODBC connector it would. Please help Your thinking is wrong! > Have ASE 12.5 on Linux box with the Rep Server on the box > as well. Another part of the org want to rep data from > ASE to MYSQL. Although Sybase Rep does not support > Mysql...I thought through the ODBC connector it would. > Please help ...

Web resources about - Suse MySQL and MySQL workbench - opensuse.org.help.applications

Workbench (AmigaOS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Amiga Workbench uses the metaphor of a workbench (i.e. a workbench of manual labor), rather than the now standard desktop metaphor , for ...

Workbench II - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore tillwe's photos on Flickr. tillwe has uploaded 11430 photos to Flickr.

Apple opens iAd Workbench platform to non-developers, adds video clip support
As noted in a report today from Ad Age (via MacRumors ), Apple is now allowing non-developers to access and use the iAd Workbench platform. ...

Apple Launches iAd Workbench, Allows Devs To Advertise From $50
Apple has altered iAd in order to make the service more accessible for developers. Reach millions of iOS users with iAd Workbench, the simplest ...

iAd Workbench - Support - Apple Developer
Find answers to frequently asked questions about iAd Workbench.

Apple looks to bring developers into the iAd fold with Workbench
New APIs and user-facing features aren't the only things Apple pushed out to developers at this week's Worldwide Developers Conference, as the ...

Oracle gives MySQL Workbench a new look
Oracle has revamped the user interface for its MySQL Workbench administration software, streamlining a number of routine operations and adding ...

Secret Spaces: Repurposing a Piano into a Hidden Workbench
... " This project ," he explains, "solves the dilemma of not having adequate workspace in an apartment or other venue in which an unsightly workbench ...

iAd Workbench Lets Devs Advertise Their Apps For As Little As $50
... allowing ad developers to start hocking their own apps on the iAd network starting in 2010. Today, however, Apple has added an iAd Workbench, ...

New Design For MySQL Workbench 6.0
More "flexible" GUI arrives for open source database