Suse 12.1 Help using Disk Utility

I'm using Suse12.1 64bit with Gnome Desktop.
I am trying to use a portable hard disk (USB) that was used on an Apple
Mac using the Disk Utility.
The device mounts okay but is Read Only.
I am now trying to format or set the device for write/read usage.

Disk Utility won't let me Format the drive - says the drive is busy
whatever I try.

I managed to Edit Partition and set up an EFI System Partition with a
Type Linux Basic Data Partition.
This EFI partition is only 210 Mb in size (it didn't give me an option
to set a size. But I can use this EFI device as a data work space.
Now I can't delete this partition.
Help. Is there a user manual anywhere for Disk Utility.

--
garthkh

garthkh

Sorry, I might look a bit dumb, but what Disk Utility?
We normaly repartition, create file systems and organise mounting here
using YaST > System > Partitioning.
There are also tools like Gparted.
And on the low level you can use -fdisk-, -mkfs- and edit -/etc/fstab-.
As you say I know  about a few ways to do these things, but the general
term Disk Utility does not trigger anything for me.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180

0
hcvv
3/28/2012 8:56:03 AM
I would have booted from the openSUSE live CD/DVD, and used the Disk
Utility there.

--
afshine
afshine's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=66431
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=473861

0
afshine

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

Web resources about - Suse 12.1 Help using Disk Utility - opensuse.org.help.applications

Nvidia’s self-driving car computer is as powerful as 150 MacBook Pros
How much processing speed does one need to power a self-driving car ? Nvidia thinks that 150 MacBook Pros ought to do it. And the chip company ...

Kuwait recalls ambassador to Tehran amid escalating Saudi-Iran tension
CNN Kuwait recalls ambassador to Tehran amid escalating Saudi-Iran tension CNN (CNN) Kuwait has become the latest country to side with Saudi ...

China Stock Markets Close Quietly After Bumpy Tuesday
China’s stock markets ended trading Tuesday at a nervous standstill, following a 7% sell off on Monday that spooked global bourses.

Another Hoverboard Catches Fire While Charging In Australia
Are hoverboards dangerous? We suppose if you fall off them, they could be considered dangerous. That being said, they are also known to be dangerous ...

Facebook's Zuckerberg is taking it on the run
Social network's CEO plans to do a lot of running this year, and he wants you to join in.

Nokia's €15.6B public exchange offer for Alcatel-Lucent successful, French regulator says, companies ...
Katie Collins / CNET : Nokia's €15.6B public exchange offer for Alcatel-Lucent successful, French regulator says, companies to start merging ...

Missing Country Singer Craig Strickland Found Dead After Hunting Trip in Storm
Country music singer Craig Strickland has been found dead more than a week after he went missing in a powerful winter storm, the Oklahoma Highway ...

US Sues Volkswagen Over Emissions Scandal
Wall Street Journal US Sues Volkswagen Over Emissions Scandal Wall Street Journal The U.S. Justice Department sued Volkswagen AG VLKAY -2.82 ...

British boy, 4, dubbed Jihadi Junior, begged his grandfather 'please save me' during a heartbreaking ...
Isa Dare, 4, from London, was paraded for the cameras in military fatigues and an ISIS bandanna while being made to declare: 'We are going to ...

NFL Teams The Rams, Chargers, And Raiders Apply To Relocate To Los Angeles
It’s the second biggest television market in the country, but for 20 years Los Angeles has been without a professional football team. That may ...