Problems with Email from Cron job

Running openSUSE 12.1 with Linux 3.1.0-1.2-desktop x86_64,  System:
openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64), KDE:  4.7.2 (4.7.2) "release 5" and all patches
up to date.

I am having problems getting cron job to email me.  I have tried simple
test of system mail from console and am getting the following message in
my /var/log/mail file.

Second problem is I cannot stop the system from trying.

Clearly the issue is one of permissions but what do I change and how?

Code:
--------------------
    Apr 10 21:27:31 X3400server postfix/postdrop[28856]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/564062.28856: Permission denied
  Apr 10 21:27:31 X3400server postfix/postdrop[30113]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/564274.30113: Permission denied
  Apr 10 21:27:31 X3400server postfix/postdrop[29982]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/578679.29982: Permission denied
  Apr 10 21:27:32 X3400server postfix/postdrop[23681]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/344861.23681: Permission denied
  Apr 10 21:27:34 X3400server postfix/postdrop[27724]: warning: mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/63313.27724: Permission denied

--------------------

Regards,
Budgie2

--
Budgie2

Budgie2

I have the problem in email application
I have developed a simple application to do emails to different users. But one thing i cannot understand is that after my application sends email, this email is placed in Queue folder but i cannot recieve that emailOne more thing i want to know that what are the available free smtp server by using which my application can send email to all the internet users. Define "cannot receive".  Check the SMTP logs for help in why the mail is int he queue.  Check DNS and SMTP mailer settings as well. As for free SMTP servers, you won't find any outside of your host or ISP.  They'd al...

Time Out Problem Help Help Help.....
Hello Experts.I am filling up the Dataadapter from a view, and soem time during the day it raised timout.My Connection timeout setting are 180 secMy View taking 6 sec in query analyzer to populate the data.Please help me what do I need to consider more....Much Appriciated..Thanks in advanceRik How many rows are you returning? Maybe you should consider to return only a subset of the rows - if there are too many?Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thanks for your favourable reply.I need to populate that grid with all records, and those rows ar...

Email Application problem
Hello forum member, i have no idea Email application.is it simple email programe from where i send a mail or different. please clear it for me with a small demo. Thanking you. Hi use this function test it using gmail account usingSystem.Net.Mail;then use this function public Boolean sendemail(String strTo, string strFrom, string strSubject, string strBody, bool IsBodyHTML) {Array arrToArray; char[] splitter = { ';' };arrToArray = strTo.Split(splitter);MailMessage mm = new MailMessage();mm.From = new MailAddress(strFrom); mm.Subject = strSubject;mm.Body = strBody;mm.IsBody...

Help with cron job
Since I'm stupid apparently: I gave up on trying to use the default crontab that SLES uses (a little too complicated, IMO) and just did a: crontab -u root -e I have a single script I need to run at 6:00 p.m. every night So I did this: 0 18 * * * ./root/edirbackup.sh It runs fine manually but doesn't appear to be running with cron. Cron is active. I'm sure it's some stupid thing I'm doing wrong. I've got myself ordered some SLES 10 training books, but in the meantime if someone doesn't mind pointing out the error of my ways. :) -...

I have a problem running an application giving the following error message pls help me out to fix the problem
Error message:Un able to connect to ASP.NET Development Server(  Visual studio 2008)  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error message for Asp.Configuration: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\9.0\WebDev.WebServer.EXE   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\9.0\WebDev.WebServer.EXE is not a valid Win32 application. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Refer to this thread. http://forums.asp.net/p/1189567/2448204.aspx Hope this helps.  ...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

problems fill dataset. help help help
I'm tring to fill a datset and am gettin gthe below error. I feel have checked everything and now am pullin ghair out in frustration to problem. error is : Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30518: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Fill' can be called with these arguments: Source Error: Line 57: myDataAdapter = new oleDbDataAdapter(mySQL,myConn...

Problem deploying application...HELP!
I created an application using PB 5.0. It uses MicroSoft's SQLServer for its database. The application was packaged and installed on my development NT using Install Builder. It runs fine in PB's development environment and as a stand alone application on my NT. When I installed the application on a different NT PC (one that did not have PB and the SQLServer client), I had problems running the application. I received the following error message upon launching the application: Error Number 2 Error text = Null object reference Window/Menu/Object = <no group> Error Obje...

Problem in sending email through my application
my code protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { try { MailMessage message = new MailMessage(txtFrom.Text, txtTo.Text, txtSubject.Text, txtBody.Text); SmtpClient emailClient = new SmtpClient(txtSMTPServer.Text); emailClient.Send(message); litStatus.Text = "Message Sent"; } catch (Exception ex) { litStatus.Text=ex.ToString(); } } and an exception occurred System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Must issue...

Help Help Help Help

Help: Email problem with perl
When we need to send result through email, we use sub-function like this: sub trap_die { my @param =3D @_; $message =3D $param[0]; $CommandString =3D "/bin/mailx -s \"$message\" = cshao\@traffic.com </dev/null"; system ( $CommandString ); } trap_die ("$instance[$i].$owner.$table is chained\n"); But the message is only in the title, if it is long message, I can only get part of it. how should I change the the trap_die function so that the message will appear in the body, so that I can send more result? Than...

EMail Problem-Maybe Help Here?
I have two old Mindspring accounts, one for me one for SWMBO. They are separate and billed separately. I pay the minimum monthly for the privilege of keeping the same email addresses for 12 years. I use BellSouth for DSL and mail goes out over their server. All has been fine.............until now. Mail still goes out from both accounts on two different computers networked to the one DSL account. All mail is received by the various domains we contact with no problem and their replies are returned as normal. Except that no direct mail or copies are received by the either of the Mindspr...

Problems with perl and cron jobs
Hi all, I have a script that runs an SQL query and sends an email using sendmail. It works fine if called using a browser. The email is sent with the correct content in the message. If I run it using cron, I get the message but the content is not sent. Meaning the body of the message is empty. I also get an email from cron that contains and error message: ----------- DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1 at /home/ezbid/www/cgi-bin/ua/includes/close_item.pl line 248. ---------- Can anybody give me some insight as to why I get an...

Help with Script/Cron job
Recently set up external USB drives for backup-to-disk with latest version of Backup Exec (9.2?) for Netware OES 6.5 server. Backup jobs run great so far but I would like to automate the process of deactivating the pool and then dismounting the volume at the end of the week so my client can then just plug in the 2nd USB drive (same Volume and Pool name) for the next week of back up jobs. Anyone out there have any pointers or resources for doing so? TIA, Ben Ben Lewis, So do you want this to pre-executed before the backup job starts or do you wanna have it like a comma...

help help help help

HELP!
I'm using ZENworks for Desktops 4.01. I continously have issues either creating Application Packages. Or, if I"m lucky enough to create one, being able to create the objects I want to associate with them. while the *.fil file that bombs changes from one package to another, the following is a common error I get: Error File copy error! Source File = C:\WINNT\system32\Perflib_Perfdata_2fc.dat Destination File = \\ZW_SERVER\DATA\ZEN_Applications\RegUpdate\18.fil. Press to Ignore to skip. Retry to copy the file again. OR if trying to create an Object association ...

seamonkey email problem
Whenever I try to forward or reply to an email I expect the current email will be quoted in the reply and the sender to be in the "sent to"field for the new reply email. None of this is happenning. I just get a blank compose slate when I click reply. What could be the problem? SeaMonkey 1.0 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060130 SeaMonkey/1.0 Thanks I reinstalled seamonkey on top of my current installed and that fixed the problem... ...

Email problem, someone please help!!
Hi, I'm making a website in asp.net and on the last task ive come across a problem :(, here it is! page1.aspx has a detailsview grid with a button for each line, when you click the button it takes all the information for that line to another page and seperates it into labels. That works fine no worries. But the reason for this page is so i can email all the information in the labels to a email address, when i send it, it does go through to the email but doesnt display the information called from the detailsview but instead the label name (text="label1") if i delete the text ...

Problem with client application!!!! Please Help
Hi group, I'm trying to deploy a client application with powerbuilder 5.0.04 and Adaptive server anywhere 6.0. So I use rteng6 to connect to my database. When it asks me to log on to the application (the client), it doesn't find anything in the tables, though they are filled correctly. And also when I try to make a sql statement (select) in PB Database Administrator, and it says : *********************************************** line 1 An error occured, yet no mesage was returned, by the database driver. Continue? *********************************************** ...

Web Form Email Job Problem
I have a web form that pulls data entered by the user, and then sends out an email to the user and an email group based on the category selected by the user. The groups used for the categories are stored within an XML doc. I'm able to parse the XML doc without a problem. I know this because I assigned the email variable to a label on the page, and I can see the result after the form is submitted.But when I try to apply that same email address variable from that XML parse into the email job within the code file, I receive the following error:The specified string is not in the form require...

Email Problems Upon Deploying an Application
Hi there!I am developing a web application that at some point sends an email.  The system is being developed in VB.NET.Everything works perfectly in the Visual Studio 2005 test environment.  Emails are being sent properly to our SMTP server (hosted on the internet).Now that I've deployed the web application (onto an IIS 5.1 server), my emails are not being sent.I am catching an SmtpException with a status code of "General Failure".The exception message is: "The operation has timed out.    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient(MailMessage message".&nbs...

Problem with client application!!!! Please help
Hi group, I'm trying to deploy a client application with powerbuilder 5.0.04 and Adaptive server anywhere 6.0. So I use rteng6 to connect to my database. When it asks me to log on to the application (the client), it doesn't find anything in the tables, though they are filled correctly. And also when I try to make a sql statement (select) in PB Database Administrator, and it says : *********************************************** line 1 An error occured, yet no mesage was returned, by the database driver. Continue? *********************************************** It would be great if you could help me Thanks in advance, Dominic ...

Web resources about - Problems with Email from Cron job - opensuse.org.help.applications

Bentley Flying Spur V8 S solves the ultimate First World problem
Filed under: Geneva Motor Show , Bentley , Sedan , Luxury , Performance Can't decide between the V8 and W12 versions of the Flying Spur? Bentley ...

New drivers and firmware fix Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book power management problems
... also heat issues now Microsoft have issued fixes. Starting today, new drivers and firmware updates are rolling out that address these problems ...

Embracing Computer Programming and Business law, UW students run from Problems of American Racial and ...
These kids today! So practical, so averse to the wisdom of their elders... For more analysis, here's the Cap Times article "Introductory politics ...

'Freakonomics' author says the most upsetting problem he's ever researched was cancer
Stephen Dubner, co-author of the best-selling "Freakonomics" series of books, has helped analyze hundreds of problems between four books (and ...

The problem with using gold to hedge
Gold and the S&P 500 are an especially volatile couple.

Rubio Is More Of A Bush Than Jeb — And That’s His Problem
Rubio’s refusal to admit the 2003 invasion was a mistake speaks to a dangerous obstinacy and lack of judgment

Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance
E! Online Adele Sets the Record Straight on Sound Problems During Her Grammys Performance E! Online Adele wants you to hear exactly why her ...

How Startups In Hypergrowth Mode Can Tackle Diversity Before It's A Problem
An exec from a recruiting software firm offers some actionable suggestions for hiring and retaining diverse people in tech. With the spotlight ...