openSUSE 11.3 Firefox and Flash Plugin

Operating System: openSUSE 11.3(64-bit)
Browser: Firefox 3.6.10
Flash Version: 10.0.45.2

When Firefox starts, it spawns another process called npviewer.bin.
However, after a while the command-line usually outputs the following:

Code:
--------------------

  *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPObject RandomMemoryLocation is no longer valid!
  *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPObject RandomMemoryLocation is no longer valid!
  *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPObject RandomMemoryLocation is no longer valid!

--------------------

Do any of you know what these error messages mean? By the way if I kill
the npviewer.bin process, will I have to restart Firefox to view
multimedia that uses Flash?

Thank you for your help!

--
Paranelsus

Paranelsus

I would re-install nsplugwrapper - to see if it sorts out the problem as
a first step

--
dth2
dth2's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=246

0
dth2
10/17/2010 7:36:02 PM
nspluginwrapper (npviewer.bin) is what makes 32 bit flash work with _64
system

--
Box: openSUSE 11.3 | Gnome 2.3 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB
RAM
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=448348

0
caf4926
10/17/2010 8:06:02 PM
caf4926, so is nspluginwrapper causing the issue?

--
Paranelsus
Paranelsus's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=17674
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=448348

0
Paranelsus
10/18/2010 12:36:02 AM
Paranelsus;2239688 Wrote:
> caf4926, so is nspluginwrapper causing the issue?
Yes
Google the error
Read

--
Box: openSUSE 11.3 | Gnome 2.3 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB
RAM
Lap #1: openSUSE 11.3  | Duo T4300 | KDE 4.5.2 |  Gnome 2.3 | Intel M4
Graphics | Lenovo G550 | 3GB RAM
Lap#2: 11.4 M2 | KDE 4.5.1 | Celeron 550 | Intel 965GM | Lenovo R61 |
Mint-Debian
'My Guides' (http://tinyurl.com/yk25bhr)
'Forum Terms and Conditions'
(http://forums.opensuse.org/faq.php?faq=novfor#faq_novellgen)
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=448348

0
caf4926

Fixed -- Adobe Flash Player 11.3
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3223393 "Hi, this issue is fixed in internal build, you can get next beta build from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/flashplayer/ to verify your issue. Thanks!" --Jing Yuan on 3:13:50 AM GMT+00:00 Jun 17, 2014 Finally fixed?! -- "The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, ...

FIrefox 3.6.3 running flash plugin on windows 7 64bit
Name: Jeff Thomas Email: jthomas3atkumcdotedu Product: Firefox Summary: FIrefox 3.6.3 running flash plugin on windows 7 64bit Comments: It appears that Firefox runs fine on win 7 64 bit, however, when you need to install the flash plugin you have to run firefox as Administrator or in compatability mode. Otherwise, when you logout or restart the computer and relauched firefox to access a flash enabled website you will get a prompt to enabel java script and/or flash even though they are already installed. When run as administrator or in compatibility mode you get the nuisanc...

Firefox 3.5.3 und Firefox Plugin/Addon
Name: André Email: zuhauseatfozzys-weltdotde Product: eBay Companion Summary: Firefox 3.5.3 und Firefox Plugin/Addon Comments: Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, zur Zeit wird bei Ihnen auf der Startseite ein Addon beworben, was nicht kompatibel zu der aktuellsten Version von Firefox ist. Jedoch bin ich an diesem Addon interessiert, zugleich verärgert, dass es nicht funktioniert. Ich bekomme direkt bei der Installation den Fehler, dass diese Version nicht kompatibel ist. Könnten Sie mich benachrichtigen, wenn eine passende Version erschienen ist? Vielen Da...

Firefox 3 issue with flash plugin
Name: Ben Email: benmoss1athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3 issue with flash plugin Comments: I am at a site that required the plug in for flash. So I allow the plug in to be installed. which it does seem to do successfully. Firefox restarts, but then ssays I need the plug in again. this keeps looping with no end.. It keeps thinking that the plug is not there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox 3.0 has not flash plugin
Name: resident Email: malicedotdollatramblerdotru Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 has not flash plugin Comments: Firefox 3.0 has not any flash plugin. Stanart Adobe plugin is not compatible (it can work, but it labeled as compatible with 2.0 and FireFox turns it off) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Karyl Severson Email: karyldotseversonatbredbanddotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: Hi, there - I have installed and re-installed Adobe Flash Player for Mac, and have installed both Firefox 3.0 and now 3.1 Beta, but websites requiring Flash no longer work. It is not an extreme problem as I can use Safari on my Mac, but I prefer the normal robustness of Firefox. Thanks very much. Karyl Severson Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9....

Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Firefox 3
Name: Christian Email: dechrisi1atfreenetdotde Product: Firefox Summary: Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Firefox 3 Comments: dear mr./mrs., i love your browser and i use firefox already a long time. yesterday i updated to your new version of firefox (of course i mean firefox 3) and now i want to know, how long i'll have to wait until the Adobe Flash Player is available for Firefox 3? i've read the system requirements at the offcial site of Adobe and they said, that it's only available for firefox 2.x so when do you think is this plugin available for firefox 3? ...

flash plugin for firefox 3 beta 5
Name: robert Email: slim_shady459atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: flash plugin for firefox 3 beta 5 Comments: www.pandora.com needed flash installed. Clicked on plugin icon on screen and below is what popped up. When to flash website and did manual install and it worked. It might be the website deal bu thought I would send anyways. Firefox could not install this item because "install-v5f..rdf" (provided by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the author about this problem. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Wind...

FF 13/Flash 11.3 Plugin
I'm seeing the following, apparently acknowledged by Adobe as their problem: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4478247?tstart=0 On 06/13/2012 11:36 AM, Cal Tinson wrote: > I'm seeing the following, apparently acknowledged by Adobe as their > problem: > http://forums.adobe.com/message/4478247?tstart=0 Thanks for the information. Fortunately as a Linux user I'm stuck with Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202, unless I want to use Chrome. Yeah right! http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html -- Thunderbird (1...

firefox 3 beta2 sorts flash plugin
Name: sol Email: solatpcsavioursdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta2 sorts flash plugin Comments: firefox 3 beta 2 sorted out my persistent flash player plug in incompatibility. nice one Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Firefox 3.5 Bookmarking time increases 3x over Firefox 3.0.11
Name: Tom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.5 Bookmarking time increases 3x over Firefox 3.0.11 Comments: On Ubuntu 9.04, I have 2488 bookmarked items. With Firefox 3.0.11 it takes about 30 seconds which is tolerable given the number of bookmarks I have. With Firefox 3.5 the time it took to bookmark a web page increased to just over 90 seconds. I have 3GB RAM, and run Firefox in a Live CD environment with usually between 1.5-1.9GB free. There is no hard disk access, so the 3x increase in time is something Mozilla needs to reduce. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; ...

Help..TechSupport is having trouble (Load 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3)
I am currently running 11.9.2. EBF 8948 and attempting to load from 11.0.3.3 dump. Sybase says it is a new bug that is currently in engineering. They suggest that I redump during "slow" time and attempt to load again. We dump the transaction log from the source every 10 minutes and hardly see the log over 5 MB of 300 MB allocated. This doesn't make sense. Any suggestions on this? The data space and log space are identical in each server. Take care. JCS Here is the errorlog: 01:00000:00018:1999/07/13 08:45:23.41 server Error: 3473, Severity: 21, State: 1 ...

In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2
Name: Firas MR Email: firasmr786atgmaildotcom Product: Other (please state) Summary: In Firefox 3 Beta 3, Flash video is choppy and memory usage is 10% more than Firefox 2 Comments: Hi, I'm on Ubuntu Linux Feisty Fawn. I've noticed that Flash isn't working properly in Firefox 3 Beta 3. Flash performance was significantly better with Firefox 2. Although I have to say that even with Firefox 2, it wasn't entirely satisfactory partly because of Firefox's memory footprint. Using the 'top' command, Firefox 2 shows Memory usage at 35%. Firefox 3 Beta 3...

firefox 3 beta 5
Name: Jessi McKay Email: Jessidotmckayatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 beta 5 - Problem with flash plugin Comments: I tried to download the flash player plugin, for youtube etc. and it said firefox could not read it, and so it couldn't be installed. Other than that, it's working wonderfully so far, =D Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

moonlight plugin 3.0 with Firefox 11.0
Hello, I have one problem with Firefox v11.0 with the last moonlight plugin. It doesn't work because of incompatibility. I use Open Suse 11.4 (version x86-64). Could you help me to solve this issue ? Regards, -- eric1111 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eric1111;2443263 Wrote: > Hello, > > I have one problem with Firefox v11.0 with the last moonlight plugin. > It doesn't work because of incompatibility. > I use Open Suse 11.4 (version x86-64). > > Could you help me to solve this issue ...

Web resources about - openSUSE 11.3 Firefox and Flash Plugin - opensuse.org.help.applications

openSUSE.org
openSUSE is a free and Linux-based operating system for your PC, Laptop or Server. You can surf the web, manage your e-mails and photos, do office ...

openSUSE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... initial release of the community project was a beta version of SUSE Linux 10.0, and as of November 16, 2011 the current stable release is openSUSE ...

openSUSE
openSUSE forum. The openSUSE project is a worldwide community program sponsored by Novell that promotes the use of Linux everywhere. The program ...

openSUSE
The project is a worldwide effort that promotes the use of Linux everywhere. creates one of the world's best Linux distributions, working together ...

openFATE - openSUSE Feature tracking
© 2010 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. Novell is a registered trademark and openSUSE and SUSE are trademarks of Novell, Inc. in the United ...

openSUSE Mailinglist Archives
Home - Content - Search - Mailinglist Archive: Overview Announce opensuse-announce English Announcements concerning the openSUSE project opensuse-bugs ...

openSUSE News
The latest news from the openSUSE project

Attachmate says openSUSE lives, UNIX copyrights not sold to MS
Novell's IP sale to Microsoft and pending acquisition by Attachmate raised …

openSUSE Education says 'get a Li-f-e'
If Linux is good enough for the International Space Station , why not your school computers? The developers over at openSUSE must think so, today ...

openSUSE 11 on VirtualBox
... you have to choose how much RAM and disk space you want to waste. As usual, the more the merrier. Next step is to download and install openSUSE ...