O wiki wiki, wherefore art thou, wiki?

I use a personal wiki as a way to record notes and create documentation.
I've used various wikis, most recently mediawiki. When I upgraded to
11.2, I discovered that there were *no* wiki packages in the standard
repositories. I've ignored the issue for a while but now I've upgraded
to 11.3 and find that opensuse still supports zero wikis.

I don't understand this. I see 'wiki' as something like 'web server' or
'database' or 'browser' or 'mail client' and so in any Linux
distribution I'd expect to find an embarrassing richness of choice
rather than a complete and utter lack of any candidates.

So I guess I've missed some important point. What are other folk doing
about wikis on opensuse?

--
djh-novell

djh

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 00:36:01 +0530, djh-novell
<djh-novell@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> I use a personal wiki as a way to record notes and create documentation.
> I've used various wikis, most recently mediawiki. When I upgraded to
> 11.2, I discovered that there were *no* wiki packages in the standard
> repositories. I've ignored the issue for a while but now I've upgraded
> to 11.3 and find that opensuse still supports zero wikis.
>
> I don't understand this. I see 'wiki' as something like 'web server' or
> 'database' or 'browser' or 'mail client' and so in any Linux
> distribution I'd expect to find an embarrassing richness of choice
> rather than a complete and utter lack of any candidates.
>
> So I guess I've missed some important point. What are other folk doing
> about wikis on opensuse?

since there usually is quite a delay of updates and if not security, but
bug fixes before they get into oS repos, i prefer to install things like
wikis or CMS' from their outside sources. easier to update them myself
than having to bug some maintainer to do so.

--
phani.
0

--
markone
markone's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=20893

0
markone

Wiki Wiki not Wiki Working
So I had this bright idea. Test::FAQ and Test::Tutorial are just sort of sitting here on my hard drive not doing much of anything. Why not put them up as a Wiki and then everyone else can sort of just play around with it and we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I can't get the damned Wiki working. I've tried the QuickiWiki, which mysteriously refuses to write a file larger than 10K, and ClusterWiki, which is giving me fits trying to get it configured. If anyone has experience with this sort of thing, set up a perl-qa Wiki and we can get started. -- Michae...

Wiki on wiki.qpsmtpd.org
I also see the need for some decent documentation for qpsmtpd. I believe that a wiki would be helpful for creating documentation in a community effort. Therefore i just installed a Dokuwiki under http://wiki.qpsmtpd.org. For editing a user account must be created (this prevents spam). Comments? Regards Michael -- It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks On Feb 6, 2006, at 04:53, Michael Holzt wrote: > I also see the need for some decent documentation for qpsmtpd. I > believe > that a wiki would be helpful for creatin...

Wiki Wiki Working
Got the Wiki working, it seems Opera is at fault, being unable to handle anything more than 10K in a POST. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have anything else servicable. http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi Collaborate! Test::Tutorial and Test::FAQ are up there, let's see if we can fill them in. If someone would be so kind as to fill in TestTutorial from the latest version of Test::Tutorial? -- Michael G. Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/ Perl6 Quality Assurance <perl-qa@perl.org> Kwalitee Is Job...

page -> wiki -> wiki -> wiki
Can the responsible parties please cleanup this chain of links and shutdown/lock [1] the two abandoned wikis? http://qa.perl.org/ [2] links to: http://schwern.org/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi links to: http://perl-qa.yi.org/index.php/Main_Page has spam and links to: Finally: http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/ [1] I think that's just: <meta HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT="0; URL=http://perl-qa.hexten.net/wiki/"> [2] It would be nice to have a "website maintainer" e-mail address/info at the bottom of the qa.perl.org page. "&l...

wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Gaia -> wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia
Hey all, FYI: wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Gaia has moved to wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia Trond. ...

November wiki mail list, November wiki page on the Perl 6 wiki
Some cross-linking to help future newcomers more easily find things..... The November wiki discussion group is here: http://groups.google.com/group/november-wiki The November page on Perl 6 wiki is here: http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.cgi?november I just added a reference to it on the Perl 6 Wiki home page (at end of the first entry under "Development Status"): http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6 Best regards, Conrad Schneiker www.AthenaLab.com Official Perl 6 Wiki - http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6 ...

Wiki Wiki Working #2
After shuffling some files around and doing some permissions tricks, the Perl QA Wiki is working again! Everything is now editable. http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/cgi-bin/perl-qa-wiki.cgi -- Michael G. Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/ Perl Quality Assurance <perl-qa@perl.org> Kwalitee Is Job One <Schwern> Contrary to popular belief, Perl is not developed by a team of independently wealthy mad scientists. <autrijus> (qw/independent wealthy mad scientist/)[rand(3)]; # choose one <autrijus> the ...

Wiki
Well, I've been hunting down a free and easy way to create a nice little knowledge base for my office. I'm trying out the idea of a wiki knowledge base. I'm playing around with tikiwiki. Anybody have any experience creating and maintaining a knowledge base? Anybody use a wiki to do it? Anybody want to throw some pointers at me? Anybody want to throw a brick at me? -- Matthew - The Great System Tyrant -------------------------------------- http://www.mattography.net/ http://www.matthewdgood.com/ http://www.systemtyrant.com/ *lobs brick at Matthew* Matth...

wiki
I started cleaning up our wiki a bit: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G If you find grossly outdated or broken content, please contact me directly. Andreas Hi All, http://blog.timc.idv.tw/posts/common-misconceptions-about-boot-to-gecko-and-the-web/ I have recapped some of the common misconceptions I had to explain to the press and web developers. I hope writing this down would help people (who need to talk to the same people). Tim On 3/29/12 7:09 PM, Andreas Gal wrote: > > I started cleaning up our wiki a bit: > > https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G > &g...

Wiki
Scott has created a Wiki for the .Text project at the following URL: http://dottextwiki.scottwater.com/ As far as I understand it, a Wiki is a collaboration tool that enables anyone to edit just about anything on the site - in this way we can build up a set of documentation and other info for .Text with everyone able to contribute. The tool that Scott has implemented appears to be very simple to us - have a go on the "PlayPage" and try it out! Apologies if you already know about this - Scott blogged it but I couldn't see any info on here. Thanks Martin. I meant to menti...

wiki
Hi, There was so much talk about perl6 wiki, that i couldn't follow it anymore. Is there a currently working wiki where actual perl6 documentation can be read/written? Is it http://perl.net.au/wiki/ ? It doesn't seem to be very full of info ... -- Amir Elisha Aharoni, http://aharoni.blogspot.com/ "We're living in pieces, I want to live in peace." - Thurston Moore ______________________________________________________ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html > From: Amir E. Aharon...

Wiki
Is there an officially sanctioned PD wiki? Is there an unofficial one? Has Sybase discussed plans to start one? Bump Good idea - bump bump! -Matt C. On Sep 24, 12:47=A0pm, Mark Brady <fodb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Bump I'm willing to set one up on one of the free sites unless you think Sybase would like to set up their own. Mark Brady <fodball@gmail.com> writes: > I'm willing to set one up on one of the free sites unless you think > Sybase would like to set up their own. I introduced myself to CodeXChange today. There seems to be a wik...

Wiki
Does anybody know of a wiki component for asp.net?John HogeSeaEagle.com Inflatable Boats http://csharp-source.net/open-source/wiki-engines HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question...

Wiki
Hi, Is the wiki down ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/ I can't seem to get to it. Cheers, John -- John, > Is the wiki down ? > > http://prismwiki.codegear.com/ > > I can't seem to get to it. we had a small server hick-up. it should be reachable and fine, now. yours, marc marc hoffman wrote: > John, > >> Is the wiki down ? >> >> http://prismwiki.codegear.com/ >> >> I can't seem to get to it. > > we had a small server hick-up. it should be reachable and fine, now. > > yours...

Web resources about - O wiki wiki, wherefore art thou, wiki? - opensuse.org.help.applications

Magwatch: Wherefore art thou, Blake?
The Bachelor is rich material for the gossip magazines this week.

Wherefore art thou Canadian directors?
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Rosewill Line-M Case Review: Wherefore Art Thou Micro-ATX?
Vendors are always very quick to send us their biggest, best, and brightest. Rosewill's own top-selling Blackhawk Ultra has been with us for ...

Wherefore Flickr? Ideas for the Beloved Photo Site’s Escape From Yahoo
Flickr in 2004, before the Yahoo acquisition. Earlier this week we wrote about how Yahoo had laid off at least five employees including the ...

Riots in Brussels: 100,000 Protest Austerity, Overturn Cars, Throw Fire Bombs; Wherefore Art Thou Austerity ...
... as the following images show. Gallery of Riot Images Please check out the Sky News Gallery of Riot Images Here are two of six images. Wherefore ...

UFN 36 Ramblings: Wherefore art thou, Subs and Wallopings?
If we expect anything from Brazil’s Fight Night cards, it’s violence. This card, by and large, did not deliver the violence. It was actually ...

Wherefore Art Thou, @PolandSpringWtr?
The bottled water company was strangely silent during its moment of social media fame

More funny memes from Cowboys' loss to Eagles: Romo, Romo, wherefore art thou Romo?
Here are some of the best memes, submitted by fans using our meme generator, from the Cowboys' loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.

Wherefore Art Though, Juliet? In Latest Pic Migration, She Moves From Sony To Warners
EXCLUSIVE : Warner Bros is in, and Sony Pictures and New Regency are out of The Juliet , an adaptation of the Alfred Bester short story that ...

Share This : Oh Hollywood, Wherefore Art Thou on Syria?
The silence of the sheep? As we teeter on the brink of bombing Syria, there is a huge void, a vast emptiness, a vacuum. We have no hot air, no ...