No sound w/ICH6 in 64-bit VM on 64-bit

I have OpenSUSE 12.1 and I'm using virt-manager w/qemu-kvm with a 64-bit
Windows 7 guest.  The Windows 7 guest correctly sees the ICH6 sound
device and it appears to work from the Windows point-of-view.  I get no
sound, however.

At first, I thought it was a permissions issue, but I added the "qemu"
user to various groups including audio, pulse, and pulse-access.  I even
went crazy and executed qemu-kvm with the aoss wrapper.  I see that
qemu-kvm is linked against libpulse, so I believe it should work just
fine.

I asked this question on the qemu-devel mailing list and they believe
it should work and it could be a distro bug.

Any thoughts or ideas?  Does anyone else have this working?

--
erikvcl

erikvcl

erikvcl;2418371 Wrote:
> I have OpenSUSE 12.1 and I'm using virt-manager w/qemu-kvm with a 64-bit
> Windows 7 guest.  The Windows 7 guest correctly sees the ICH6 sound
> device and it appears to work from the Windows point-of-view.  I get no
> sound, however.
>
> At first, I thought it was a permissions issue, but I added the "qemu"
> user to various groups including audio, pulse, and pulse-access.  I even
> went crazy and executed qemu-kvm with the aoss wrapper.  I see that
> qemu-kvm is linked against libpulse, so I believe it should work just
> fine.
>
> I asked this question on the qemu-devel mailing list and they believe
> it should work and it could be a distro bug.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas?  Does anyone else have this working?

Have you considered trying VirtualBox by chance?  By the way, we have a
new forum on this very subject here: 'Virtualization'
(http://tinyurl.com/8xrn2nt)

We would love to have your help in building up the posts in this forum
so that it can be as useful as possible for all openSUSE users.  Your
assistance in posting VM related questions and solutions there is
requested.  Just start a new thread there with this problem.  The forum
is brand new so don't worry about missing it.

Thank You,

--
Remember that little in Life is certain, including any advice you may
get from me, you poor soul, but at least I am trying to help.

:)Its James again from Austin Texas - Software efficiency halves every
18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law.
jdmcdaniel3's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=43440
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=469766

0
jdmcdaniel3

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Migration from 32 bit application to 64 bit application
 Hi,I already have existing asp.net site which is running on 32 bit box with 2.0 framework and sql 2005. Can i migrate this application to 64 bit box  with 3.0 framework? What are the benefits i would get in this migration? would there be any performance gains in terms of speed? What kind of issues i can expect to have in this migrationthanksPrady  Not sure if you are going to gain any benefit out of it. It would be a minor performance enhancement (due to 64bit) that might not be visible to users' eyes..NET 3.0/Sql Server 2005 are fully compatible w/ 64 bit, so you won&#...

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam Is there any particular 64 bit OS that you are interested in hearing about? - Mark VS Vairam wrote: > > SQL Anywhere Associates!! > Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical > white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any > please.... > > Thanks > > Vairam WINDOWS all flavours...

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam I believe that SQL Anywhere Studio is currently only released in a 32-bit format. TO the extent that 32-bit applications can run on a 64-bit OS, you can use ASA on a 64-bit system. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Cho...

32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10
manuals.sybase.com does not mention anything about Solaris9/10. It only mentions about required patches for Solaris8. Does Sybase support 32-bit ASE 12.5.x on 64-bit Solaris9 or 64-bit Solaris10 ( SPARCs of course )? Any specific OS patches required for Sol9/10 ? ...

64-bit TB needs 64-bit plugins
Is it true? Can it use 32-bit plugins? -- @~@ You have the right to remain silent. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you! ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3 不借貸! 不詐騙! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 請考慮綜援 (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa In article <dOadnXN0re6DudjTnZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d@mozilla.org>, toylet.toylet@gmail.com says... > > Is it true? Can it use 32-bit plugins? No, it cannot use 32b plugins, nether FF can. It is general rule for every 64bit application, that it...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH ...

64-bit ODBC Drivers Needed to Connect from 64-bit SQL 2005 to 32-bit Sybase 12.x
Hi, My company is running an Aspect EnsemblePro call center that uses Sybase 12.X for its database. We have been using the Sybase ODBC drivers that were bundled with Aspect in order to connect to the Sybase database from our 32-bit SQL 2000 Servers. This had been working great. Recently we deployed new 64-bit SQL 2005 servers, but discovered that 64-bit SQL cannot use 32-bit ODBC drivers in order to link to other databases. I have been all over the Web trying to find a 64-bit Sybase ODBC driver, but the 3rd-party drivers that I've found seem to be pretty cost-prohibitive....

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows... #2
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH Dan Hale wrote: > Does anyone k...

Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit)
Name: Dmitry Viazmin Email: dmitrydotviazminattutdotby Product: Firefox Summary: Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit) Comments: Hi, It would be great to get a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit). Do you plan to do that? Best Regards, Dmitry Viazmin Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

32-bit applications on 64-bit Vista...
Building a new system, and was trying to decide between Vista x32 and Vista x64. Will 32b applications installed on a 64b OS be able to benefit from the full 8 GB of ram I intend to install if I go with a 64b OS? In article <gfp7ki$7hn$1@news.grc.com>, no@thanks.com says... > Building a new system, and was trying to decide between Vista x32 and Vista > x64. > > Will 32b applications installed on a 64b OS be able to benefit from the full > 8 GB of ram I intend to install if I go with a 64b OS? The only help they will get is that their data won'...

Web resources about - No sound w/ICH6 in 64-bit VM on 64-bit - opensuse.org.help.applications

White House hails 'most ambitious climate change' pact ever
WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House is praising what it calls "the most ambitious climate change agreement in history" after the United States ...

Prime Minister Corbyn and President Trump? Only the voters can stop them
We should never take our seemingly stable societies for granted. Democracies have made terrible mistakes before now

Clinton ally's Cruz attack plan
Cruz the data harvester — Debate shakeup

Then-OKC police officer 'picked the wrong lady' to rape, victim says after ...
CBS News Then-OKC police officer 'picked the wrong lady' to rape, victim says after ... Tulsa World OKLAHOMA CITY — A grandmother who was ...

Be Warned: ‘Star Wars: the Force Awakens’ Reviews Will Start Hitting on December 16th
With just five days until the first nationwide screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens start playing on December 17th, we’re in the home stretch ...

Tech titans pledge $1 bn for artificial intelligence research
Several big-name Silicon Valley figures have pledged $1 billion to support a non-profit firm that on Friday said it would focus on the "positive ...

Authorities Detain Person of Interest in Mosque Arson Fire
Authorities detain person of interest in arson fire that damaged Southern California mosque

Saudi Women Vote for the First Time, Testing Boundaries
New York Times Saudi Women Vote for the First Time, Testing Boundaries New York Times RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Women across Saudi Arabia marked ...

Is Justin Bieber’s New Wings Tattoo A Response To Selena Gomez’s Bizarrely Petty Shade?
Justin Bieber has a brand new tattoo. But his romantic life seems to be focused on an old love. More on that below. Yes. The Biebs’ never-ever-sated ...

Civil Suit Claims That Police Were Investigating Daniel Holtzclaw Weeks Before Last Attack
A lawsuit obtained by the Guardian claims that Oklahoma City police were investigating Daniel Holtzclaw before his final attack on June 18, 2014. ...