No sound, Kmix runs, but no effect and disappears

Hi,
My computer  has an AMD A8-3850 CPU, with SUSE 12.1, KDE. It has no
sound. When I open YaST/Sound Configuration. It shows two card model.
One is ATI Technologies Inc. It is strange to me because ATI seems a
video chip. The computer has an on-board chip:
	Radeon™ HD 6550D processor-integrated graphics (Dual monitor
capable)
The second card is AMD. With both selection, there is no sound when I
select Other/Play Test Sound.

On the forum, somebody mention Kmix. When I run Kmix, the icon moves
for a while, then disappears.

How to diagnose the problem? I want to install Skype. Skype can
automatically diagnose the sound for me?

Thanks a lot.

--
freerjw

freerjw

Post result of

Code:
--------------------
    /sbin/lspci -nnk
--------------------

--
Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.8.2 | Intel M4 Graphics | Lenovo G550 |

0
caf4926

sound breaks when running any sound application
Hi, I have got two sound cards, on on board NVidia sound card (running with the snd_hda_intel, codec AD1988B) and another Creative XTreme audio, which runs with the CA0106 alsa driver. Until recently, both cards worked well. But after an update of the alsa drivers, a problem has been introduced : sound breaks for the snd_hda_intel sound card after running any application. This can be perfectly reproduced. When I start my computer, I can test both sound cards using the GStreamer properties application : testing the device output for both cards gives a perfectly normal sound. ...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

Thank you for application run help
Thanx to all for the quick help on running an app through perl... Ben __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ...

Urgent
Hi All,   I have seen a number of posts regarding this error message and unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I am developing on WinXp Pro SP3 and have had VS Studio .Net 2003, Version 7.1.3088 with the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 SP 1 and VS Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 SP .050727-7600 with the .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1 on my development machine. Everything was working fine until recently. Certain errors that were happening on a server could not be reproduced on my development machine so I registered with DynDNS and created a dynamic dns that p...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need
Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service. You can easily configure Application as Service using its intuitive GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software. Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables, monitoring and detailed logging as well as many other features. You can use Application as Service software to: Launch any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 service at system boot, before user logon; Automatically start applications before and after ser...

please help to run this asp application.
hi...    am a new member and have got a prob in running the asp.net appln.i downloaded an asp.net appln from www.dotnetnuke.com and the name of the appln is dotnetnuke.it has given me all the directions as how to run the appln and i did the same as what they have directed me.but unfortunately i was not able to run the appln and it gives an error sayin that 'the appln could not be run'.what might the problem.have also changed the database accordingly too.please help me in this as soon as possible.please follow this link for the code to get downloaded.and one more thing is you h...

Pls help to run the Application of TheBeerHouse
hello guys,i just download the "TheBeerHouse"  from the net and put it to my PC. it's easily opening the application but when i run it i find many errors like: couldn't find master '~Template.master' and also other errors. here, my question is that: is this application completely bug free or i need to do some extra work for this?pls advice me with few steps how can i run this application on my PC without any error.it will be great if you could help me.Thank you. This is the place to learn everything on asp.net. I thank to all who help me. Applicatio...

help please. i have created an application but its not running
i have created an application in web Matrix. when i try to run it the Browser loads with an errpr, Error and the error is : Access Denied. Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect. i don't know what is the problem. IIS seems fine and i made sure taht i typed the right URL. Note i am new with ASP.NET thank you Perhaps you need to mark it as an application in IIS. If your files are located in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebSite then try the following. Launch IIS Manager...

The control disappear when run web application
Hi, AllI have web application when I run  web control is disappear  I don't understand because I can run it beforewhen I run it in today control it be lostplease help meThanksNisarat...

Web resources about - No sound, Kmix runs, but no effect and disappears - opensuse.org.help.applications

Disappears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Analyst: Facebook To ‘Disappear’ Like Yahoo In Five To Eight Years
No Facebook by 2020? That’s how one analyst sees it, comparing the next few years for the social network to the past few years for Yahoo . continued… ...

Robert Scoble - Why is the PRISM story going to disappear... - Facebook
Why is the PRISM story going to disappear within two weeks? 30,000+ people die in cars every year in the US. We don't care. We get into cars ...

‘Custom user clusters’ feature appears and disappears from Facebook ad tool
Some Facebook users temporarily saw a link to a new feature called “custom user clusters” within the self-serve ad tool last week. Facebook ...

When Product Features Disappear - Amazon, Apple, Tesla and the Troubled Future for 21st Century Consumers ...
One of the great innovations of the 21 century are products that are cloud-connected and update and improve automatically. For software, gone ...

Day 250 - Disappear - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I spent the day shopping with my grandma and Lewis because she was treating us to early presents as she won't be here for our birthday. I got ...

Nanoantenna Invisibility Cloak Makes 3D Objects Disappear - YouTube
This short video clip shows how the activation of a metasurface cloak made from an ultrathin layer of nanoantennas can render a 3D object invisible. ...

Elderly man disappears during Chinese New Year parade in Sydney
The family of an elderly man who went missing from a busy street in Sydney's CBD during Chinese New Year celebrations on the weekend say they ...

Boy disappears off Sydney beach (01:35)
The frantic search continues for a five-year-old boy after he disappeared into the water at Sandringham on Sunday afternoon. Nine News.

How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear
Business Insider Australia How Google Ventures Made Its $US100,000 Investment In Bustle Disappear Business Insider Australia It's all really ...