Need python 2.6 in Suse 11.4

Hello

I've tried installing Graphite One under my new clean Suse 11.4 64-bit
installation. However, graphite one apparently needs python 2.6 to
install and suse 11.4 comes with 2.7.
I hope I can just create symbolic links to satisfy the installer to
run?!?!?

I've tried  to make 2.6 links under /usr/bin and /usr/lib64. I'm using
Code:
--------------------
    sudo ln -s libpython2.7.so.1.0 libpython2.6.so.1.0
--------------------
to create the links, but I've sort of lost track of all the python
library�s (.so .so.1 .so.1.0 and so on). Furthermore I have no idea
about how to verify if it is correct.

Code:
--------------------
    ls -l /usr/bin/python*
--------------------
 gives
Code:
--------------------
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   18 12 mar 19:25 /usr/bin/python -> /usr/bin/python2.6*
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   18 12 mar 19:25 /usr/bin/python2 -> /usr/bin/python2.6*
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    9 12 mar 20:06 /usr/bin/python2.6 -> python2.7*
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6416 22 feb 22:42 /usr/bin/python2.7*
--------------------

So, basicly I need to know what I'm doing!  Is it possible to fool the
installer, to use Python 2.7 via symbolic links? And how do I get it
right?

--
Morfmor

Morfmor

bump

I have the same problem while trying to compile opencv with gpu support

--
Cybernot
Cybernot's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=56694

0
Cybernot
3/22/2011 1:06:02 PM
As "superuser", in the /usr/lib64 directory, your link (ln -s
libpython2.7.so.1.0 libpython2.6.so.1.0) worked to fix the "non-start"
'can't find 2.6.so.1.0' problem for my MakeHuman application. I did not
have to make any other links. [I will, however, pass the information on
to the MH dev's.]

--
Taolin
Taolin's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=44465
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
Taolin
5/6/2011 2:06:01 PM
The clean solution if you need several python versions in parallel is to
compile the extra versions from source. Python supports the option to
compile and have as many parallel versions as you want by a make target. (I
have myself several versions)

Download the appropriate python version from
http://www.python.org/download/releases/
Then do

../configure
make

as usual, but after that do NOT do a "make install" as root, but instead a
"make altinstall" which does not overwrite anything and adds the full
version number to all library paths and creates also the binaries with
version numbers appended.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.2 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
martin_helm;2335907 Wrote:
> The clean solution if you need several python versions in parallel is to
> compile the extra versions from source. Python supports the option to
> compile and have as many parallel versions as you want by a make
> target. (I
> have myself several versions)
>
> Download the appropriate python version from
> 'Releases' (http://www.python.org/download/releases/)
> Then do
>
> ../configure
> make
>
> as usual, but after that do NOT do a "make install" as root, but
> instead a
> "make altinstall" which does not overwrite anything and adds the full
> version number to all library paths and creates also the binaries with
> version numbers appended.

And how i can install some lib for my python 2.6 instance, and how i
execute a script with the 2.6 version instead the 2.7?

sjstanich
sjstanich's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58367
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
sjstanich
5/9/2011 7:06:02 PM
sjstanich wrote:
> And how i can install some lib for my python 2.6 instance, and how i
> execute a script with the 2.6 version instead the 2.7?
>
> Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, I was not at home the last days. Both is easy: The
executable for python 2.6 is python2.6 so you simply call that instead of
python. If you have a script you need to change the !# line.
Installing a library is of course done in the traditional way not with a rpm
which depends on the library. In many cases you install a library with

python2.6 setup.py install
instead of
python setup.py install

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/11/2011 9:02:55 PM
Thanks martin :)

--
sjstanich
sjstanich's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58367
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
sjstanich
5/12/2011 12:06:02 PM
Helped me too!
Cheers, Joe

--
joefidler
joefidler's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58926
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
joefidler
5/24/2011 6:36:05 PM
I am having a little trouble compiling python 2.6.
I don't know which package(s) provide the dependencies...

Code:
--------------------

  /Python-2.6.6/Modules/_curses_panel.c:17:19: fatal error: panel.h: No such file or directory
  compilation terminated.

  Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
  _bsddb             _tkinter           bsddb185
  dl                 imageop            sunaudiodev
  To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

  Failed to build these modules:
  _curses_panel

--------------------

--
ed_v
ed_v's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50970
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
ed
5/26/2011 12:06:03 PM
ed v wrote:

>  panel.h
I would say you need ncurses-devel

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 12:25:01 PM
martin_helm wrote:

> ed v wrote:
>
>>  panel.h
> I would say you need ncurses-devel

Or even simpler
[CODE]
su - -c "zypper si -d python"
[/CODE]
installs (only) the build dependencies for python (2.7 but the build
dependencies should be identical with the ones for 2.6, in the worst case
you waste a bit of disk space).

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 12:35:20 PM
I have ncurses_devel but not the 32 bit version... I wouldn't think I
would need the 32 bit version as I am on a 64 bit machine..
will give the

Code:
--------------------

  su - -c "zypper si -d python"

--------------------

a try.

--
ed_v
ed_v's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50970
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
ed
5/26/2011 1:06:03 PM
Hi there,

I've been reading this thread as I've had some problems with Python
2.6. Whilst I'm no developer I find that occasionally something I
install from the Repos, both the default 11.4 or Packman are returning
dependencies of python2.6.

I've followed the instructions left by yourself, Martin, and had no
errors returned, however apps that require it still refuse to run, such
as my torrent client of choice Deluge, is there any help you could
offer?

Thanks in advance, and great tip Martin!

--
DawthLasu
DawthLasu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58541

DawthLasu wrote:

> Deluge
Hi, how do you install that? If you compile python 2.6 yourself it is not
visible to the package system (you would need to create a rpm for python 2.6
to make it visible).

But deluge should be simply installable via yast (it is in the packman
repo), is something wrong with that version?

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 1:15:58 PM
martin_helm wrote:

> But deluge should be simply installable via yast (it is in the packman
> repo), is something wrong with that version?

@DawthLasu:
I did a dry run to install deluge from packman (simulated install without
installing it) and it pulls in some dependencies on 11.4 (additional python
packages) but nothing it cannot resolve from the standard repositories
everthing satisfied. Are you sure you configured the correct version of the
packman repo?

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 1:33:39 PM
same error... after I ran zypper

Code:
--------------------

  Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
  _bsddb             bsddb185           dl
  imageop            sunaudiodev
  To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

  Failed to build these modules:
  _curses_panel

--------------------

--
ed_v
ed_v's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50970
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
ed
5/26/2011 1:36:03 PM
ed v wrote:

> same error... after I ran zypper
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
>   Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
>   _bsddb             bsddb185           dl
>   imageop            sunaudiodev
>   To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
>   module's name.
>

>   Failed to build these modules:
>   _curses_panel
>
> --------------------

Ok I can check this evening, what I had to install on 11.4 to compile it.
Will come back on this in a few hours.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 1:41:12 PM
martin_helm wrote:

> ed v wrote:
>

>> same error... after I ran zypper
>>
>> Code:
>> --------------------
>>
>>   Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
>>   _bsddb             bsddb185           dl
>>   imageop            sunaudiodev
>>   To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for
>>   the module's name.
>>

>>   Failed to build these modules:
>>   _curses_panel
>>
>> --------------------
>>
> Ok I can check this evening, what I had to install on 11.4 to compile it.
> Will come back on this in a few hours.

No sorry nonsense just checked your messages again.
Your build succeeded, the build process just informs you that there exist
some modules which cannot be build on your environment (this differs a
little bit from what cannot be built on a 32 bit test machine). On my own 64
bit also not everything can be built and on solaris and ubuntu and others
you have slightly different modules which cannot be built.

Just ignore that, it nearly never works to have all the exotic stuff built.

Fact is your python build is successfull.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/26/2011 2:16:37 PM
thank you for the help.
apparently I have working python :shrug: :)
thanks
ed

--
ed_v
ed_v's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=50970
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
ed
5/26/2011 11:36:02 PM
Hi all,

With regards to Deluge, I had installed from within YaST, it tells me
there are broken dependencies, and indeed it did not work. However
following your help to compile and install Python 2.6 alongside the
bundle 2.7 helped me build it from source no problem and now it works
fine.

I have all of Packman configured, as in I have the one Packman repo
listed to be all of it in the Wiki.

--
DawthLasu
DawthLasu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58541
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
DawthLasu
5/27/2011 9:36:02 AM
Hello again,

I had accidently added the packman repo for 11.2, not a good idea
seeing as I'm running 11.4, ha ha, silly mistakes we make. Thanks for
the tips all :)

--
DawthLasu
DawthLasu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=58541
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
DawthLasu
5/27/2011 10:06:03 AM
DawthLasu wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I had accidently added the packman repo for 11.2, not a good idea
> seeing as I'm running 11.4, ha ha, silly mistakes we make. Thanks for
> the tips all :)

I suspected something like that, glad you solved it :-)

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/27/2011 10:20:36 AM
Me too. I am unable to install Python 2.6 from the source. I have this
error:

Code:
--------------------
    Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
  _bsddb             bsddb185           dl
  imageop            sunaudiodev
  To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the module's name.

  Failed to build these modules:
  _curses_panel

  running build_scripts

--------------------

I have ncurses-devel-32bit in Yast but no 64 version and I am on
OpenSuse 11.4.

Here are the repositories I have for Packman:

'Index of /pub/mirrors/packman/suse/openSUSE_11.4/'
(http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/packman/suse/openSUSE_11.4)
'Index of /suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials/'
(http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Essentials)
'Index of /suse/openSUSE_11.4/Multimedia/'
(http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_11.4/Multimedia)

Where do you get the ncurses-devel?

--
pierreth
pierreth's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=4257
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
pierreth
5/28/2011 5:36:03 AM
pierreth wrote:

> Me too. I am unable to install Python 2.6 from the source. I have this
> error:
>

> Code:
> --------------------
>     Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
>   _bsddb             bsddb185           dl
>   imageop            sunaudiodev
>   To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
>   module's name.
>

>   Failed to build these modules:
>   _curses_panel
>
>   running build_scripts
>
> --------------------

No it did NOT fail, you succeeded.
It just tells you that some outdated modules where not built.
Let me ask a question, what would you use sunaudio or bsddb185 for? I cannot
even imagine what you would use it for if you can make this bits compile.
_curses_panel compiles on nearly no operating system known on this planet.

Just run now "make altinstall" as root.
The executable is then python2.6 if you want the 2.6 version to run.

--
PC: oS 11.3 64 bit | Intel Core2 Quad Q8300@2.50GHz | KDE 4.6.3 | GeForce
9600 GT | 4GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.6.0 | nVidia
ION | 3GB Ram
0
martin_helm
5/28/2011 12:22:01 PM
I got around the panel.h problem by using /usr/include/ncurses/panel.h
but I'm not sure that's the correct way to do it.

In any case, trying to run python2.6 fails because it can't find
modules, even using the process as described (make altinstall).

I get the following:

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 2.6.7 (r267:88850, Jan  6 2012, 00:45:23)
[GCC 4.6.2] on linux3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/etc/pythonstart", line 7, in <module>
import readline
ImportError: No module named readline

also trying import select, and any other module fails. I have
ncurses-devel installed

--
captaincapacitor
captaincapacitor's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3878
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=455544

0
captaincapacitor

Security advisory for Bugzilla 4.5.6, 4.4.6, 4.2.11, and 4.0.15 #2

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 4.5.6, 4.4.6, 4.2.11, and 4.0.15
Today we are releasing 4.4.6, 4.2.11, 4.0.15, and the unstable development snapshot 4.5.6. All releases fix several security issues found since the last release. Bugzilla 4.4.6 is our latest stable release. Bugzilla 4.4.6, 4.2.11 and 4.0.15 are security updates for the 4.4, 4.2, and the 4.0 branches, respectively. Note that 4.5.6 is an unstable development release and should not be used in production environments. We are not yet feature-frozen at this time so the features you see in 4.5.5 might not accurately represent the behavior that 5.0 will have. Note that when Bug...

Security advisory for Bugzilla 4.5.6, 4.4.6, 4.2.11, and 4.0.15
Summary ======= Bugzilla is a Web-based bug-tracking system used by a large number of software projects. The following security issues have been discovered in Bugzilla: * The 'realname' parameter is not correctly filtered on user account creation, which could lead to user data override. * Several places were found in the Bugzilla code where cross-site scripting attacks could be used to access sensitive information. * Private comments can be shown to flagmail recipients who aren't in the insider group * Specially formatted values in a CSV search results export c...

Newbie needs help: repairing Suse 11.1 and updating to 11.2
Hi, I'm a Suse newbie and Windows-User. I recently installed Suse 11.1 from the Live CD on an older PC. Suddenly, when booting up yesterday, the system announced corrupted IPtables and didn't load KDE. After login, I tried commands like KDE, run KDE but the bash didn't understand the commands. So I booted from the live CD, but I can't find an option in the install menu to repair the existing installation. The help in the boot-up screen claims there should be an install option, but it doesn't show it at that point, only after KDE has started from the Live CD. ...

Needing a copy of initrd-2.6.31.14-0.4-desktop (11.2 i586)
Hi, A fault in my USB key killed the contents of the /boot partition. I could restore grub, and got back kernel files by extracting kernel-desktop-2.6.31.14-0.4.1.i586.rpm, but now I miss initrd! (I have currently no means to make it.) Would someone having this one be kind enough to e-mail it to me? (It's around 6 MB so it should be OK.) I'll PM you my e-mail address. Many thanks, you'll save my week. -- llevrel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Here is what I would try. You MUST download and make an openSUSE Li...

suse 11: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 needed by vnc-4.1.3-1.i386
Hi all, I am trying to install real vnc for linux in open suse 11 and get next error: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 needed by vnc-4.1.3-1.i386 I have tried to install the compat packages for libstdc that appears in "install software" but it does not work. Can someone tell me the exact package I need to run this application ? Thank you very much in advance. -- jmartincano ------------------------------------------------------------------------ # zypper install compat -- <>---><^> -----------------------------------------------------...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

qt 4.6 on suse 11.2
Has somebody installed qt 4.6 on suse 11.2? from this repository 'Index of /repositories/KDE:/Qt46/openSUSE_11.2' (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt46/openSUSE_11.2/) is it very experimental or it works well? any crash or other that makes it unusable? thanks -- pier_andreit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don't bother. You'll bork your system. -- Box: openSUSE 11.2 | (KDE4.4.1) | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM | M2N4-SLI Lap #1: openSUSE 11.2 | Pentium Duo T4300 | KDE 4.4.1 &qu...

Open SUSE 11.2 - PPPOE
So here is what I am trying to do. I want to connect my Open Suse 11 machine to the internet. I am almost there. 1. I configured my network card and eth0 is up. 2. I configured my DSL with user name and password and I am authenticated. 3. An IP address is assigned to me and the DNS servers are retrieved. However I cannot ping or visit any website :sarcastic: I use the YAST automatic configuration and kinternet to connect. Here are the gritty details 192.168.1.1 - My router IP 192.168.1.10 - IP on the internal network ROUTE: Before connecting to the internet /sbin/rou...

Help needed installing python-SCIPY on 11.4
I am running SUSE 11.4. I was able to install python-NUMPY but I see there is currently no package for python-SCIPY. Does anyone know how to get scipy installed on 11.4 and has done it? At work I am using ubuntu and was able to install both. Now I want to work at home so I need scipy. -- drogers8 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=drogers8] I am running SUSE 11.4. I was able to install python-NUMPY but I see there is currently no package for python-SCIPY. Does anyone know how to get scipy installed on 11.4 and has done ...

Need help setting up mySql on new suse 11.2 install
Hello all, I have just installed suse 11.2 and want to set up mysql. I can start mysql from the terminal window by typing 'mysql' but thats it. I believe I have to create a users table and then the user root or at leats set roots password. Is there a 'how to' for first time mysql set up? -- k2zs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Run the script mysql_secure_installation. This will prompt you for a root password (root in mysql, not root in Linux, so can be different passwords). Start the mysql -service- from ...

Need help installing Firefox8 on Suse 11.4 Pilot te
I volunteered to contribute testing *Firefox8 Aurora*, they sent me this link https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/ Unfortunately I'm stuck... I have problems installing the trz.bz2 file. I followed instructions given here 'How to install Firefox 8 on Linux (Mint, Ubuntu, ...) | libre-software.net' (http://tinyurl.com/3q2tabs) I am using opensuse 11.4 ... i get stuck on step# 3 MOVE TO /OPT. _-Can_someone_please_help_?-_ -- crtoloss ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you are using openSUSE 11.4 do the foll...

keyboard stalling, suse 11.4, KDE, firefox 6.0.2
AMD6000 dual core cpu 4 gigs ddr2 memory SUSE 11.4 KDE Latest updates Keyboard stalling wasn't a problem in earlier versions of suse. I'm going to start typing forums messages in mswin then rebooting to linux to paste them. It is taking much longer to type messages. Is there a way to change the priority of keyboard driver to the top of the system? Some other way to fix the problem? I don't have excess programs running and it's still happening. If try to use kwrite or libeoffice writer, I still get the problem. I wouldn't mind working with developers ...

Help
hello, im having an ASUS K501N series laptop that has a G102M GeForce NVIDIA graphic card.Im having a dual boot with windows XP and OpenSUSE 11.1.i have already installed the graphic driver to windows but dont really Know how to installed it in SUSE 11.1..so i came up to this forum topic and did as what was told: > Start the Software installer and make sure you have the pattern 'Linux > Kernel Development' installed. > > Open a terminal window and issue following commands: > > mkdir NVIDIA-driver > cd NVIDIA-driver > wget ftp://download.nvidia...

Web resources about - Need python 2.6 in Suse 11.4 - opensuse.org.help.applications

Python - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carpet python found eating flying fox on North Stradbroke
Queensland ecologist stumbles upon carpet python tucking into winged midnight snack.

Monty Python, Robin Williams and Simon Pegg team up to create Absolutely Anything
The Monty Python team reforms - with help from Robin Williams - for an adaptation of an H.G. Wells story about a man who gets everything he desires, ...

How does a python kill its prey?
They may be called a boa constrictor but we've only just learnt how pythons really kill their prey. Dr Karl squeezes out the heart-stopping truth. ...

Watch the Monty Python-Influenced Chinese Propaganda Ad That's Going Viral
... 13th Five-Year Plan, it uses a catchy music video with psychedelic animation reminiscent of Terry Gilliam's vintage cartoons for Monty Python. ...

Learn Python programming for $29
As one of the most popular programming languages in use right now, Python is a must for programming newbies and those who are looking to boost ...

A Burmese python can out-eat a human any day
Biologists captured X-ray images of a Burmese python eating an alligator to learn how the reptiles digest food

Become a Python coding pro with this 6-course bundle
Python is one of the most widely used programming languages out there, a clear but powerful and perfect for projects big and small. It’s a perfect ...

Bindi Irwin Welcomes Her New 'DWTS' Partner With Insane Surprise a Giant Python!
The 17-year-old 'DWTS' favorite shared her love of nature with her hesitant new partner.

Monty Python Fans, It's Your Holy Grail: 14 Minutes Of Lost Terry Gilliam Animation
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Monty Python and the Holy Grail , the venerable troupe releases animation that didn't make the film. It's ...