My Computer icon

This may sound stupid but I deleted the my computer icon off of the
desktop and cannot for the life of me figure out how to recreate it.

--
jaybott

jaybott

'Right click' on the desktop and select 'Create New' > 'Link to
Location'.

Enter File Name : My Computer
Enter Link to location (URL) : media:/
Press 'Enter'

To get the panel you had when SUSE was first installed you need to
enter sysinfo:/ in the location field

--
harryc56
harryc56's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=79

0
harryc56
6/10/2008 1:46:04 AM
KDE4, are you running OpenSUSE 11 RC1?

--
harryc56
harryc56's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=79
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
harryc56
6/10/2008 1:56:03 AM
Umm, well. I seem to have the same problem.

I accidently deleted the -My Computer- button from the lower left panel
while trying to find an answer to this solution, and I can't find where
to get it back. Uh...anyone know because I'm stick using the Alt+F2
method until I get the button back. :/

--
'l'artigiano Programming and Design Tutorials'
(http://unseenghost.wordpress.com/)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
Unseen
6/10/2008 1:56:03 AM
Sorry I forgot to tell you I have alreay tried that after searching.  I
am running kde4 which does not have the menu option.

--
jaybott
jaybott's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=263
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
jaybott
6/10/2008 1:56:03 AM
OK so I created it in /home and I am so close... How do I change the
location???  it dosent give me the option to change it anywhere?

--
jaybott
jaybott's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=263
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
jaybott
6/10/2008 1:56:03 AM
Yup RC1 KDE4

--
jaybott
jaybott's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=263
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
jaybott
6/10/2008 2:06:04 AM
Thats it! Thanks for all the help everyone.

--
jaybott
jaybott's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=263
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
jaybott
6/10/2008 2:46:03 AM
cp /usr/share/kde4/config/SuSE/default/myComputer.desktop ~/Desktop

--
Beineri
Beineri's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=108
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
Beineri
6/10/2008 2:46:03 AM
Moved thread to Pre-Release/Beta.

--
harryc56
harryc56's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=79
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
harryc56
6/10/2008 3:06:04 AM
What if you're running Gnome?  I put my frequently used apps on the
Desktop and added the traditional Gnome menu at the bottom,
Applications, Places, System.  But I would like to have my Computer
icon back.

--
kendall_green
kendall_green's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=3597
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385467

0
kendall

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help!!
Hi gang, I have developed an ASP.Net web application project using VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 on a Win XP computer running IIS 5.1. I am trying to move this application to another computer, so I: 1. Installed IIS on the new XP computer.2. Installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition on the new computer.3. Installed VS 2005 Pro on the new computer. I tried running Microsoft Update but it didn't come up with Visual Studio Service Pack 1. As I understand it, this is what contains the extensions for Web Application Projects. Now, when I try to create a new Web Application Project, it does...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

Help Help Help
How to send a form data to mail by onclick action of Submit button. By using vbscript (using ADODB) in ASP Try this page: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.4.1.aspx I have found a lot of help from it.Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.-- Randy...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

Web resources about - My Computer icon - opensuse.org.help.applications

Computer Show

Computer glitch in Moncrieff land sale saw buyers told they were not eligible
Email wrongly told potential buyers they had been disqualified because of the timing of their email.

Google is ponying up a million dollars to make its cloud storage safer than your own computer's hard ...
Google just announced that it's going to commit $1 million in grants next year to fund security research that helps keep Google Drive cloud storage ...

"Backdoor" computer hack may have put government data at risk
"Potential vulnerability" was found in software used to secure government and corporate computer networks

Grub2 bootloader flaw leaves locked-down Linux computers at risk
... GRUB, which stands for the Grand Unified Bootloader, is used by most Linux distributions to initialize the operating system when the computer ...

UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement
UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement Contra Costa Times Romeo Pittman, 15, left, and Chris Arrington ...

Bipartisan education bill makes computer science a priority
... Behind act, reducing federal controls on state education systems but it does something else, too. The Ever Student Succeeds act places computer... ...

How To Buy Computers For Kids In 2016
Video When it comes to kids, adults sometimes don't realize that computers can be an avenue for creativity and open-ended play, just like a bucket ...