make

I have some SUSE appliances and I need to install some software.  When I
ran the install script it said I need "make" but I cant find it anywhere
on the system.

Anyone know where I can download a rpm for make?

SUSE ver 9

Zippy
San Antonio, Tx

--
zippdaw2001

zippdaw2001

It's on your installation DVD's in the development section.

--
LRE
LRE's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1100

0
LRE
8/13/2008 1:56:04 PM
> Anyone know where I can download a rpm for make?
> SUSE ver 9

i'd guess it should be on your original install CD set..
try YaST > Software Management > and Search on make

here (on 10.3) i see "GNU Make"

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
A Texan in Denmark

--
zippdaw2001
zippdaw2001's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
zippdaw2001
8/13/2008 2:06:04 PM
I dont have the media.  It came preinstalled.  Just looking for the rpm
for the make package.

Is it possible to just download that?

--
zippdaw2001
zippdaw2001's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
zippdaw2001
8/13/2008 2:16:03 PM
I have version 9 ... all I see here is version 10 and 11.

Thanks in advance for all your help

--
zippdaw2001
zippdaw2001's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
zippdaw2001
8/13/2008 2:36:03 PM
The software from the installation media can be found in the OSS
repository.

So, simply add the following repository (click then copy from address
bar):

'Index of /distribution/11.0/repo/oss'
(http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss)

After that, complete the following:

- Open YaST Package Manager
- Enter root password
- Wait from repositories the refresh
- Enter "make" into the search field
- Select the "make" package
- Click "Install"
- Click "Apply"
- (Installation)
- Decline to add more software

Hope that helps. :)

--
'*l'artigiano*' (unseenghost.wordpress.com)
-Programming and Design Tutorials-
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
Unseen
8/13/2008 2:36:03 PM
> I have version 9 ... all I see here is version 10 and 11.

oh....the oldest on my shelf is 9.2, i'll happy to see what i can find...but,
you better tell me i386, i586, i686, ppc, x64, what architecture you running
there? i could put it up on a site you could download from..

here, if you want to TRY the pack from 9.2 type this in a terminal and copy back
to here:

uname -a

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
A Texan in Denmark
0
DenverD
8/13/2008 3:17:50 PM
uhst03:/tmp/make-3.79.1 # uname -a
Linux uhst03 2.6.5-7.283-smp #1 SMP Wed Nov 29 16:55:53 UTC 2006 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
zippdaw2001
zippdaw2001's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
zippdaw2001
8/13/2008 3:56:03 PM
zippdaw2001 wrote:
> uhst03:/tmp/make-3.79.1 # uname -a
> Linux uhst03 2.6.5-7.283-smp #1 SMP Wed Nov 29 16:55:53 UTC 2006 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

see
http://texan.dk/temp/rpm/

let me know when you have what you want...tia

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
A Texan in Denmark
0
DenverD
8/13/2008 5:04:17 PM
Right on!

Thanks brother, you can close the door.

Its nice and hot in Texas at the moment.  We'll keep the beer cold
until you come back Home.

Cheers,
SA,Texas

--
zippdaw2001
zippdaw2001's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=8204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=392642

0
zippdaw2001
8/13/2008 5:46:02 PM
> Thanks brother, you can close the door.

now shut...hope your make zings along..

now for the payback: eat one cheese and onions enchilada at Mi Tierra (down by
the old Spanish Market) while thinking of me..

boy i miss good Tex-Mex...
and Shiner Bock..

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
A Texan in Denmark
0
DenverD

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

The Hendrix-mozilla.org system is very helpful to us in the family. It helps us easily open our internet which makes us very comfortable with it.
Name: Truman Bagani Gayyed Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: The Hendrix-mozilla.org system is very helpful to us in the family. It helps us easily open our internet which makes us very comfortable with it. Comments: It enables us to open the internet very easily. It makes us very comfortable. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

Help Help Help
How to send a form data to mail by onclick action of Submit button. By using vbscript (using ADODB) in ASP Try this page: http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/3.4.1.aspx I have found a lot of help from it.Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.-- Randy...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

Web resources about - make - opensuse.org.help.applications

Oh, by the way: The San Bernardino jihadi got a visa to enter the U.S. by providing a fake address
A fine end to a fine week for federal law enforcement. Someone, either the NSA or the FBI , obviously dropped the ball on sniffing these two ...

Scott Weiland's Bandmate Arrested for Cocaine Possession
Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts bassist Tommy Black has been arrested for cocaine possession following the death of lead singer Scott Weiland ...

Strong job gains send US stock market sharply higher
Albuquerque’s source for local news and live streaming video online. KRQE reports on news, weather, traffic, investigations and sports for New ...

Samsung to pay Apple $548 mn in lengthy patent case
Samsung has agreed to pay smartphone rival Apple just over $548 million in a years-long patent battle in federal court in California.

Did The ‘Star Wars’ Prequels Reveal ‘The Force Awakens’ Villain Ten Years Ago?
With less than two weeks to go until the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens , fans are either clamoring for every detail they can glean ...

Cruz hits back at Rubio in surveillance fight
Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign hit back at Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Friday, in an escalating fight over the nation’s intelligence ...

What Planned Parenthood means to different women
Christian Science Monitor What Planned Parenthood means to different women Christian Science Monitor To some women, the nation's top abortion ...

Adele's 25 is going to set another record with its second-week sales
Adele's been smashing sales records left and right with the success of her new LP 25. The album's second week of availability is almost finished, ...

Net neutrality fans and broadband backers clash in court
Both sides in the fight over net neutrality said they're confident they'll win over a federal appeals court that's hearing legal challenges to ...

Congressional candidate arms her family with guns in annual Christmas card photo
WASHINGTON — Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore — a vocal gun rights advocate — posted an image of her family's Christmas card earlier this week, ...