is there any pdf text highlighter available for linux?

Hi
i am using opensuse 11.2.
i downloaded couple of books from tldp.org and wanted to highlight some
text to make notes.
is there any application for linux available to highlight and bookmark
text in pdf?
thanks

--
autofocus

autofocus

autofocus wrote:
> is there any application for linux available to highlight and bookmark
> text in pdf?

the way you ask the question leads me to think you know of such an app
for some other operating system(s)...if so, you can try going to these
sites and search using the name of that known app in the other systems:

http://linuxappfinder.com/
http://jjmacey.net/blog/?p=179
http://www.osalt.com/
http://www.linuxrsp.ru/win-lin-soft/table-eng.html
http://sourceforge.net/

or, say that app is named "PDF_Highlighter" then try something like
this: http://www.google.com/linux?q=PDF_Highlighter

or, say you don't know the name of that other system app, then try a
normal search with something like this:
http://www.google.com/linux?q=pdf+highlight+bookmark

but, i'm sure you tried that already, right?

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315)
CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD

yes i was using foxit pdf for windows.

i have already tried searching web and came across

'Xournal' (http://xournal.sourceforge.net/)

some of the other links i visited for my search of pdf highlighter

'Comments, annotation, highlight on pdf file - Ubuntu Forums'
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=391388)

'Linux Notes: PDF Viewer with Text Highlighting'
(http://tinyurl.com/2djfane)

'Linux.com :: GNU PDF to fill missing gap in functionality'
(http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/122195)

'Main Page - GNUpdf' (http://www.gnupdf.org/Main_Page)

'highlighting in linux'
(http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=259195)

'Linux PDF editor for manipulating PDF documents'
(http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/open-source-linux-pdf-writer.html)

'Foxit Reader with wine - Ubuntu Forums'
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=378272)

'Frank's Corner, Running Windows applications and games on
Linux/title>' (http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=pdfeditor)

after going through above info i will try foxit with wine tomorrow.

--
autofocus
autofocus's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=28080

0
autofocus
4/23/2010 6:26:02 AM
If you use a Wacom or similar then I would recommend you "Jarnal" a Java
based program that offers various types of highlighters and also a group
work functionality. You can find it in the regular repositories.

--
stakanov
stakanov's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18954
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=437596

0
stakanov
4/23/2010 6:26:02 AM
Okular; the highlighting is saved separately - so you have to save the
PDF with a new name to include the highlighting.

--
john_hudson
john_hudson's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1134
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=437596

0
john
4/23/2010 7:56:01 AM
john_hudson;2156360 Wrote:
> Okular; the highlighting is saved separately - so you have to save the
> PDF with a new name to include the highlighting.

Good that you mention it, in Jarnal it is the same. I think it is
unavoidable as it is the conversion of a text into a picture.

--
stakanov
stakanov's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18954
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=437596

0
stakanov

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

help help help help

Help with .Text
I have been scouring this forum for a possible answer and I think I have exausted my search, now employ anyone who might help. I have a mulit blog site set up, http://www.mydomain.com/blog1... where the community page loads just fine, but I get an error when I try and pull up the different blogs: ..Text - Application Error! Details The resource you requested could not be found. I am using Multi2_Web.config. Funny thing is, when I type in http://www.mydomain.com/blog1/admin, the main web site is actually loaded like I would normally expect to see at http://www.mydomain.c...

Help Help Help Help

how to highlight some texts in pdf file?
Hi all, I need to highlight given texts in pdf files using asp.net. Any links or suggestions would be very appreciable Regards, Bibek Hi, There are lots of Three-Party Control to achieve it. One of them is ABCPDF.NET which can R/W and modify the pdf file. You can try it to operate and read/create your PDF file. There is a link to download: http://www.websupergoo.com/download.htm There is a great demo available in the above link and you can learn how to use it. Support document: http://www.websupergoo.com/support.htm  Feature chart: http://www.websupergoo.com/abc...

RE: help on converting pdf to text
Stephen York wrote: > First off, realise that a pdf isn't just a marked up text document. > It's a wrapper for images and text, movies and many other formats. >=20 > If you have a text pdf, then the text is a postscript object > catalogued somewhere within the pdf. > I've never done this in perl, but there are many commercial utilities > around to do it, although it's usually an ocr process. > There maybe some info on cpan about it, but if you cant' find > anything, then look into first extracting the postscript content, and > then th...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Highlighting Text in PDF using iTextSharp
Is there any way to highlight a text in PDF using iTextSharp? I think there is a function named SetShadingFill(PDFShadingPattern) which does the job. Anyone have a sample to do this?   I read sw that is just not possible ... but cannot officaly confirme it But I believe annotation can be set for an existing PDF document. There is a method named PDFAnnotation.CreateMarkup(...) Any of you guys know how to work with this?...

PDF to XML? PDF to Text?
Hello. I need .NET component to convert PDF document to XML or PDF to text. Help? Thank you in advance.Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait Here is a component that can read from PDF and you can out put the data in any format .... http://www.edcomponents.com/EDComponents/Main.aspx?ProductID=1ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog...

how to highlight given text in pdf,doc files?

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

Web resources about - is there any pdf text highlighter available for linux? - opensuse.org.help.applications

Highlighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A highlighter is a felt-tip pen filled with transparent fluorescent ink. The first highlighter was introduced in 1963 by Carter's Ink Company ...

PDF Highlighter for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about PDF Highlighter on the App Store. Download PDF Highlighter and enjoy ...

All sizes - Highlighter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

AFL season 2015: Western Bulldogs staff member accidentally licks highlighter in coaches box
A WESTERN Bulldogs coaching staff member had a sour taste in his mouth despite the team&#8217;s 57-point win against Adelaide.

Give It Up For Givit Video Highlighter's First Major Update
A little over a month after its launch in the App Store, video sharing app Givit has just been given a nice, substantial update.

Updated: Hakia Bows Highlighter & ScoopBar
Hakia , the search engine start up with big plans, added a new feature today: The Hakia Highlighter . I’ve been playing with Hakia for a bit ...

Highlight key text on web pages with Super Simple Highlighter for Chrome
... the site, when you next return you’ll still have to find all the most important quotes and paragraphs all over again. Super Simple Highlighter ...

Highlighter with see-through tip
It could only have come from Japan. Pretty cool. From Core77 : ••••••••••••••••••••• I love Japanese over-design. As an industrial designer, ...

15 Year Old Creates Genius, Patent-Pending App For Skimming That Could Make Highlighters Obsolete
... can imagine how beneficial an auto bullet point generator would be for students. It could eliminate the need to read text books or buy highlighters ...

Improve on-site SEO with Webmaster Tools Data Highlighter
... tags from Google for optimum on-site SEO? Google’s made it easier than ever inside of their free Webmaster Tools software with the Data Highlighter. ...