Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?

Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop
interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on
files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen
freeware" = click !

--
Cypher7

Cypher7

Cypher7 wrote:

> Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop
> interface

The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker
to name but a few.

> .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on
> files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen
> freeware" = click !

I use Dolphin on KDE4.3 to manage my files, it has this functionality build
in i believe, just like nautilus (another filemanager) on GNOME.

Example: http://tinyurl.com/mhzx7n

--
Chris Maaskant
0

Alternatively look for 'file associations' to ensure a file is opened
by your chosen program.

--
john_hudson
john_hudson's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1134

0
john

Web resources about - Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ? - opensuse.org.help.applications

Installer Institute - Car Audio Installation and Mobile Electronics Education
The Installer Institute is a school for car audio installation training offering MESA certification. The leader in Mobile Electronics Installation ...

Anaconda (installer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Anaconda is the installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux , Oracle Linux , Scientific Linux , CentOS and Fedora . Anacondas are lizard -eating ...

Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Alarm.com MobileTech Tool for Installers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Xposed Installer Alpha 2 & Pop-Up Videos– XDA Xposed Tuesday - YouTube
The Xposed Framework on Android 5.0 Lollipop is getting closer and closer to a final release. When that will happen, no one is quite sure. But, ...

Kevin Rudd told insulation program 'on track' until four installers dead
The Rudd government cabinet was told the home insulation program was "on track" just one day before the death of the first installer, it has ...

VKMusic4 - Apple Macs Get Malicious Fake Installer Trojan Virus
Apple computers are now the target of a fake installer that tacks hidden fees onto mobile phone account bills.

Kevin Rudd 'deeply sorry' for the deaths of insulation installers
UPDATE 4.40pm: PRIME Minister Kevin Rudd says he is deeply sorry about the deaths of installers working on the Federal Government's home insulation ...

Image Editor GIMP Abandons SourceForge Over Adware-Wrapped Installers
... software decides it no longer wants anything to do with you. This... The tipping point was the introduction of their own SourceForge Installer ...

Home insulation scheme crippled by dodgy installers: Greg Combet
Former climate change minister Greg Combet faced unscrupulous installers trying to defraud the government even as he was trying to wind down ...

Lloyd Rayney phone-tapping trial: Fingerprints on roof manhole match alleged installer of bugging equipment ...
Two fingerprints on a manhole cover from the home of Lloyd Rayney match those of the man he is alleged to have paid to install phone-bugging ...