Installed Files

Is there a command I could use to generate a text file listing of
installed files?

--
R4D4

R4D4

R4D4;1816249 Wrote:
> Is there a command I could use to generate a text file listing of
> installed files?

Do you mean a listing of installed rpm applications?

If so, then try:
::*rpm -qa --last > installed-applications.txt*::

I'm not at a link PC right now (and going by memory) so I hope I have
that correct.

--
oldcpu's Stonehenge specs: relatively ancient AMD XP 2800, 2G DDR400,
ASUS A7N8X, Nvidia FX5200, Pioneer DVR-108, SuSE-10.3

0
oldcpu
6/11/2008 11:06:03 AM
Sorry oldcpu, for your memory. I used the man page and found:
rpm -qa --filesbypkg

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
hcvv
6/11/2008 11:56:04 AM
That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks, appreciate the response and info.

Regards.

--
R4D4
R4D4's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=683
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
R4D4
6/11/2008 11:56:04 AM
Well, R4D4, I missed your last post, but when you are satisfied that's
all right. But oldcpu's givess you the pavkages, and mine gives you all
the files with those packages. I think the last is what you asked for.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
hcvv
6/11/2008 12:06:04 PM
hcvv;1816283 Wrote:
> Well, R4D4, I missed your last post, but when you are satisfied that's
> all right. But oldcpu's givess you the pavkages, and mine gives you all
> the files with those packages. I think the last is what you asked for.

Admittedly your option is more detailed and it is certainly useful to
know where each is located. Thanks.

--
R4D4
R4D4's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=683
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
R4D4
6/11/2008 12:56:03 PM
hcvv;1816278 Wrote:
> Sorry oldcpu, for your memory. I used the man page and found:
> rpm -qa --filesbypkg
Actually I don't recall ever using that rpm argument.  I'll have to try
it at home.  Thanks for sharing that.

Another useful one, when looking for dependencies for a specific rpm,
is:
::*rpm -qpR package.rpm*::
... it can be useful if one's application is not working, and one
wishes to check to see if any of the dependency applications may have a
hiccup (and hence need a list of the dependencies)...

.... (although I am getting off topic). :)

--
oldcpu's Stonehenge specs: relatively ancient AMD XP 2800, 2G DDR400,
ASUS A7N8X, Nvidia FX5200, Pioneer DVR-108, SuSE-10.3
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
oldcpu
6/11/2008 1:16:03 PM
oldcpu;1816321 Wrote:
> Another useful one, when looking for dependencies for a specific rpm,
> is:
> ::*rpm -qpR package.rpm*::

... or simply (if the rpm "package.rpm" is installed):
::*rpm -qR package*::

.... again, ... a bit off topic.

--
oldcpu's Stonehenge specs: relatively ancient AMD XP 2800, 2G DDR400,
ASUS A7N8X, Nvidia FX5200, Pioneer DVR-108, SuSE-10.3
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
oldcpu
6/11/2008 1:16:03 PM
Hey! don't let being off topic deter you folks. I am soaking up the -how
to- stuff so thanks again.:D

Regards.:)

--
R4D4
R4D4's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=683
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
R4D4
6/11/2008 1:56:04 PM
On 2008-06-11, R4D4 <R4D4@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> Is there a command I could use to generate a text file listing of
> installed files?

If you're looking for a list of installed applications:

for I in  ls '/usr/bin'
do
  apropos $I 2>/dev/null
done

PS: the quotes are wrong, but can't get them right from this terminal.
You need the other ones, can someone correct?

--
The sand remembers once there was beach and sunshine
but chip is warm too
hcvv;1816278 Wrote:
> Sorry oldcpu, for your memory. I used the man page and found:
> rpm -qa --filesbypkg

I was playing with this command this morning. ... I find it can be
quite useful in a sequence of commands.  Lets say one is looking at the
dependencies of an application (I'll use amarok as an example) and notes
it needs some libraries, and one is curious as to where that library
comes from.  One, rather long winded, way to do this is:

::rpm -qR amarok::   #that will give a list of amarok dependencies of
which libqt-mt.so.3 is of example interest
::rpm -qa --filesbypkg | grep libqt-mt.so.3::   #this will give the
location of this library as "/usr/lib/qt3/lib/"
::rpm -qf /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3::   #which tells one this lib
comes with rpm qt3-3.3.8-76.2

Maybe there is a quicker way to do this?

--
oldcpu's Stonehenge specs: relatively ancient AMD XP 2800, 2G DDR400,
ASUS A7N8X, Nvidia FX5200, Pioneer DVR-108, SuSE-10.3
oldcpu's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=77
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
oldcpu
6/12/2008 5:36:03 AM
R4D4;1816339 Wrote:
> Hey! don't let being off topic deter you folks. I am soaking up the -how
> to- stuff so thanks again.:D
>
> Regards.:)
Well, you simply could do
*man rpm*
(or in the Konqueror locationbar: *man:rpm*) to read al about it. As
long as you stick to the inquiry *(-q*) option, you can play around.
Enjoy!

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
hcvv
6/12/2008 9:56:04 AM
Rikishi 42;1816628 Wrote:
> On 2008-06-11, R4D4 ]
> If you're looking for a list of installed applications:
>
> for I in  ls '/usr/bin'
> do
> apropos $I 2>/dev/null
> done
>

> PS: the quotes are wrong, but can't get them right from this terminal.
> You need the other ones, can someone correct?

This gives you a list of executables that happen to be in /usr/bin/ and
have a man page of the same name. The link between this list and the rpm
installed packages (let alone between this list and the list of all
files that came with the rpm installed packages) is remote.

Btw you do not need those ' there. I suppose you mean the ` but then
around the `ls /usr/bin/`.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=385597

0
hcvv
6/12/2008 4:06:03 PM
On 2008-06-12, hcvv <hcvv@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>> If you're looking for a list of installed applications:
>>
>> for I in  ls '/usr/bin'
>> do
>> apropos $I 2>/dev/null
>> done
>>

>> PS: the quotes are wrong, but can't get them right from this terminal.
>> You need the other ones, can someone correct?
>
> This gives you a list of executables that happen to be in /usr/bin/ and
> have a man page of the same name. The link between this list and the rpm
> installed packages (let alone between this list and the list of all
> files that came with the rpm installed packages) is remote.

Hey, I thought the OP might have been looking for installed applications,
rather then actual files. I had this trick handly, so I posted it.

> Btw you do not need those ' there. I suppose you mean the ` but then
> around the `ls /usr/bin/`.

Yes. As I said in my PS, the terminal I was using didn't allow for that
char, it seems. Or the combination editor/terminal, don't know.
Anyway, thanks for correcting, but I guess the OP had no use for it, anyway.

--
The sand remembers once there was beach and sunshine
but chip is warm too
-- haiku from Effector Online, Volume 1, Number 6
0
Rikishi

Integrating do I integrate all help files
How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . Please don't cross-post. On 1 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0700, "Damola adesuyi" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such >that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) >through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www....

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv sorry wrong group vsv "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4741d69f$1@forums-1-dub... >i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not >integrated into visual studio help file. > > I would like to manually install the help files. > > How to do it? > > I kn...

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv ...

Help...copy file when the source file is open by another application
CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. BB DD <> wrote: >CopyFile does not work if the source is open. Please give me an example how to copy in that case the file from source to destination. Thanks. Open the file in read-only mode. If the file cannot be opened in read-only mode, it can not be copied. Open the destination file. Read the source file. Write the destination file. Repeat until done. Close both files. ... ...

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

ASA 7 SILENT installation doesn`t install Help files
ASA 7.0.3 Build 2046 We are trying to install ASA 7.0.3 on ~200 cusoumers sites, so it must be done automatically. We have generated a response file by calling 'setup -r'. Installatio at cust. site is done by 'Setup -s -f1"<response file>" -f2"<installation log file". ----------------------------- THE PROBLEM ----------------------------- When we generated the file we chose to install all 3 types of help files: Windows, Java and HTML. A snippet of the ISS file with Help files: (The whole file is attached to this message) bInstASAHel...

Can a ".chm" help file be installed into the XE2 help system?
I have an "Apro.chm" help file for the TurboPower Async palette components. Is there any way of integrating this into the XE2 help system? Eric Wright wrote: > I have an "Apro.chm" help file for the TurboPower Async palette components. Is there any way of integrating this into the XE2 help system? No, it's not the appropriate format. You can install CustomHelp from [http://code.google.com/p/theunknownones/] Short info video [http://vimeo.com/15021497] Tomislav, Thank's for the suggestion - I will check into that. Regards Eric ...

DNN4.0 Install - Starter kit installed, no application framework template
Hello,I have been using the install instructions at:http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspxand have finally gotten an instance up on one machine.  Now, I'm trying to install on a second machine, and for some reason, the DotNetNuke Web Application Framework template does not appear.I downloaded the starter kit, and ran the .VSI just like on the other machine.  It said that the installation occurred.  I have a template for a DotNet Nuke Web site, but not the application framework.How should I proceed??? Update!I have successfully installed on the second machine.  &nbs...

Application Help Files
Hello all, We are writting an application, and we want to know what type of help files to use to give our users, well, help. Do we use .chm or .hlp? Or does it matter at all?? Cheers, Poopenhime On 15 Sep 2004 18:13:46 -0700, Poopenhime wrote: >Hello all, > >We are writting an application, and we want to know what >type of help files to use to give our users, well, help. > >Do we use .chm or .hlp? Or does it matter at all?? I would use the HTML help. MS has been pushing it for years now. Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:NOSPAM_bgasin@dynamictec...

HELP-Files for my application
Hello i have implemented for my MDI-Application a help-file.....it work's find; how could i implement a help-function for my response-windows???? thank's in advance Michael E. in the open-event, set the menu for the response window after opening it (take a look at ChangeMenu() in PB-Help) and hide it afterwards. This will enable the user to still trigger the menu actions thru it's shortcuts (e.g. <Shift-F1>) but won't change the appearance. Ben "M.Erlinger" <michael.erlinger@vienna.at> wrote in message news:4077ed6a@forums-1-dub...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help with Help File
I have a project that uses the PFC command pfc_help to implement windows level help. I've set the ia_helptypeid for all cases. When I run the application through the PB environment all of the links to the help file work perfectly, but when I create an executable and run it I get the following error message: The help topic does not exist. Contact your application vendor for an updated help file. (129) Is there something I need to include in the resource file when I build the project? Thanks in advance for the help. Cheryl wrote: > > I have a project that uses the ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Web resources about - Installed Files - opensuse.org.help.applications

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

New cycling separations to be installed on ACT roads
New separation measures will be installed and trialled on ACT roads in the next 12 months, as the government attempts to make cycling safer by ...