How to de-install programs under Wine?

What is the correct procedure to de-install programs installed under
wine?

--
stubble

stubble

You can run the uninstaller for the particular application

or

I just go to .wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/  (or wherever it's
located)
Delete the folder of the application
Use the menu editor to remove the application from the menu

--
Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.8.2 | Intel M4 Graphics | Lenovo G550 |

0
caf4926
4/6/2012 4:56:02 AM
I actually did the latter, but I still have a lot of junk relating the
programs I deleted in system.reg.

What Menu are you talking about? The Desktop?

--
stubble
stubble's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=4785
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474144

0
stubble
4/6/2012 5:36:03 AM
stubble;2454085 Wrote:
> I actually did the latter, but I still have a lot of junk relating the
> programs I deleted in system.reg.
>
> What Menu are you talking about? The Desktop?

I can't answer about that.
I only use 2 applications in wine, and both are totally benign in
nature.

--
Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.2 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM
Lap #1: 12.1 | Duo T4300 | KDE4.8.2 | Intel M4 Graphics | Lenovo G550 |
3GB RAM
Lap#2: 12.1  | KDE 4.8.2 | Celeron 550 | Intel 965GM | Lenovo R61 |
*+EeePC | 12.1 | KDE T'Weed*
'My_Guides' (http://tinyurl.com/6cabu2j)
caf4926's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=204
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=474144

0
caf4926

Help
Hi, 1) I have created a web deployment package (called LDD_WebSetup.msi and related exe file). I deployed the web application to the server (SPC7Server) and it worked fine. This was four weeks ago. 2) I made changes to some Crystal Reports and recompiled the web application on my development computer. Everything works fine. So I rebuilt the deployment package. 3) I copy the web deployment package created in 2) above to SPC7Server . I unstalled the web application that was installed in 1) above four weeks ago (thru Add/Remove Programs). Then I in...

Help with installing WINE
I'm having trouble installing WINE for opensuse 11.1 I need some instructions on how to do it. I'm really lost, so please tell me how to do it from the beginning. Thanks. -- zintinio ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Have you already installed it? If not, got to Yast software management, search for wine and install it. Once installed, any Win executable can be run using the following command (example: to execute myexe.exe): Code: -------------------- wine myexe.exe -------------------- First time when you run...

DNN4.0 Install - Starter kit installed, no application framework template
Hello,I have been using the install instructions at:http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspxand have finally gotten an instance up on one machine.  Now, I'm trying to install on a second machine, and for some reason, the DotNetNuke Web Application Framework template does not appear.I downloaded the starter kit, and ran the .VSI just like on the other machine.  It said that the installation occurred.  I have a template for a DotNet Nuke Web site, but not the application framework.How should I proceed??? Update!I have successfully installed on the second machine.  &nbs...

Help with program instalation
I have downloaded the xmacro .tar.gz file to my desktop folder but to be quite honest I have no idea how to instal it. I have done the whole "make" and "instal" comand in Ubuntu but I have no idea why I did it and even if it aplies to OpenSUSE. Can somone step me through this install? Xmacro page: 'XMacro utility' (http://xmacro.sourceforge.net/) -- provinceautomation ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [QUOTE=provinceautomation] I have downloaded the xmacro .tar.gz file to my desktop folder but to be q...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

installer-help.lang (stub installer failing -> fallback download page on mozilla.org)
Hi guys, I put a new lang file on mozilla.org, this is an help page that shows up of for some reason the stub installer for Firefox is not working and this page proposes a direct install: Generic: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/ With a parameter added by the installer: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/installer-help/?channel=release It's 5 strings only to get this feature activated for your locale. Check your webdashboard status: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/ Cheers Pascal ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Need help installing programs
I'm a Linux newbie running Suse 10.0 with an i686 processor (I bought a machine pre-built with Suse, so I'd prefer to not reinstall an updated Suse version). I would like to install several programs but find that I'm missing rpm -python and python-elementtree. I was following the directions provided in this link for the installation of the aforementioned programs(http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=SMART_Package_Manager) but the ftp links are no longer functional. I've tried googling for these files, but I have not been able to determine if the ones I find are approp...

Uninstall program installed with wine
Hi! I recently installed a windows program with wine. I have to install it again because I can not change configuration if it installed. The only way to change, is to uninstall and install it again. Anyone knows how to uninstall the program ? Does the installation with wine does something to do with this ? Thanks in advance for your feedback Regards agunet74 -- agunet74 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe if you install a windows program, as in windows there is an uninstaller that is installed with it. I kno...

Uninstalling a program in wine Help
I have installed wine than install a program that did not work. Now I would like to un install it. I have right clicked and clicked un install and did nothing. If I was it un install wine would that remove the program ?? Thanks again for everyones help -- zero1976 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zero1976 adjusted his/her AFDB on Sunday 11 Oct 2009 22:26 to write: > > I have installed wine than install a program that did not work. Now I > would like to un install it. > I have right clicked and clicked un install and...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Visual Studio 2005 Install Problem
Hi all, I have just rebuilt my XP machine and installed Visual Studio 2005. When trying to open previously created projects I get the following error message: The application for project <project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type () is installed. At this point I did some reading and googling and discovered that 'Web Application Projects' is not included in the base Visual Studio 2005 package. I installed Service Pack 1 (SP1) expecting this to fix the problem, however I still received the same error message when trying to open the application. ...

Web resources about - How to de-install programs under Wine? - opensuse.org.help.applications